Jump packs and jet bikes in ZM

Theredknight

Hi guys,

Been a while since I found hobby joy, but I am looking at some lists.

I haven’t played ZM much do this may be a strange question.

Is ZM counted as dangerous terrain for the purposes of movement phase when using these?

If I took a jump pack for example, cored it down a corridor is that model then subject to an armour test?

Hi guys,

Been a while since I found hobby joy, but I am looking at some lists.

I haven’t played ZM much do this may be a strange question.

Is ZM counted as dangerous terrain for the purposes of movement phase when using these?

If I took a jump pack for example, cored it down a corridor is that model then subject to an armour test?

It does indeed.

Unless you have skilled rider/ move through cover ;)

Zone Mortalis (Horus Heresy Book 1)

- Terrain Effects by infantry type

-- Bikes, Jetbikes, Artillery, Cavalry and Walkers treat all Difficult Terrain they encounter within a Zone Mortalis as dangerous terrain as well. Should any of these use a Turbo Boost, they must take a Dangerous Terrain test regardless of the ground they cover. This overrides any rules they possess to the contrary.

- All models classed as Jump Infantry or Flying Monstrous Creatures which move more than 6" in the movement phase must take a Dangerous Terrain test every time they do so.

Reserves and Deep Striking

- Only units which are described as being able to teleport or materialise from the Warp may use the Deep Strike special rules. 

The Hungry Stars (Blood in the Void Expansion; Book 3)

- Jump Infantry may reroll failed Strength tests when hit by Pinning Weapons while fighting on the outer hull of a ship.

Skilled Rider

- A unit with at least one model with this special rule automatically passes Dangerous Terrain tests, and recieves a +1 to its Jink Cover Saves.

Move Through Cover

- A unit that contains at least one model with this special rule rolls an extra D6 when rolling to move through difficult terrain and is not slowed by charging through difficult terrain. [...] Furthermore, a model with Move Through Cover special rule automatically passes Dangerous Terrain tests.

Bikes and Jetbikes; Movement

- Bikes and Jetbikes are not slowed by difficult terrain, even when charging. However, bikes treat all difficult terrain as Dangerous Terrain instead.

Hope that helps.

Archived