Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Competitive] GK + IG 2000

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Chronos Darkhelmet

Chronos Darkhelmet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 84 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights
OK folks, had finally my run at a local tourney with the GK+Inq list ("[Competitive]" post below) and managed to arrive LAST :P

What I noticed was mainly the lack of cheap stuff to keep objectives, since I always managed to reach 3rd turn with at least half of my army on the battlefield but always got overrun by oppos milling objectives. Therefore, I've decided to inquinate myself with the usual go for an alliance with Imperial Guard ("Astramiliwhat???" :P) ;)

GK BATTALION (+5 CPs)
- 2x GMiNDK (psilencer, psycannon, dreadfist, greatsword, teleporter, Sanctuary) 2x285
- 10 PAGK (7 pairs of falchions, 1 force halberd, 8 storm bolters, 2 psilencers, Gate of Infinity) 214
- 2x5 PAGK (3 pairs of falchions, 1 force halberd, 4 storm bolters, 1 psilencer, Hammerhand) 2x107

GK VANGUARD (+1 CP)
- Draigo (Purge Soul, Vortex of Doom) 240
- 3x Ven Dread (twin lascannon, missile launcher, 1 with Gate of Infinity and 2 with Astral Aim) 3x185

VOSTROYAN BATTALION (+5 CPs)
- Commander (shotgun, chainsword, Warlord: Grand Strategist, Kurov's Aquila) 30
- Lord Commissar (boltgun, power maul) 35
- 3x10 Guardsmen (sgt with chainsword, sniper rifle) 3x42
- Commissar (boltgun) 16

TOT 2000
14 CPs
112 PLs (56 of which in reserve)

The strategy is to run over objs with Guardsmen, which allow to reach 56 PLs on the ground too (hence the small Commissar, since it's the only choice available for "last 2 PLs in 16 pts only" :P) ;) The bulk of GK strikes from teleport on turn 2, with Draigo joining them thanks to Dread's GoI (from that point on, Dreads will rely on the strat to give aura rerolls to one of them) ;)

That's it, now time for insulting! :P

STTAB

STTAB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 234 posts
A lot of people seem to think you can use the relic stratagem on a detachment that isn't your warlord. I don't think it's how the rule was intended but it seems to be a RAW thing. There was an FAQ where they said it was ok for some Chaos stuff.

Look into it but you might get away with GK warlord for first to the fray and pay 1cp for the Guard relic for the aquilla.

Chronos Darkhelmet

Chronos Darkhelmet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 84 posts
It's not that "seem to", it *is* actually like that (clarified exactly with the Chaos FAQ) ;)

I will give a try to F2tF + IG relic too, this version was actually intended to maximize CPs ;) I will also try another version with a Catachan Battalion and a couple of Basilisks :D
  • STTAB likes this

Chronos Darkhelmet

Chronos Darkhelmet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 84 posts

And here is the list with double Basilisk msn-wink.gif

GK BATTALION (+5 CPs)

- GMiNDK (gatling psilencer, heavy  psycannon, greatsword, dreadfist, teleporter, Sanctuary, Warlord: First to the Fray) 285

- Draigo (Purge Soul, Gate of Infinity) 240

- 10 PAGK (10 storm bolters, 9 pairs of falchions, 1 halberd) 210

- 2x5 PAGK (5 storm bolters, 4 pairs of falchions, 1 halberd) 2x105

GK VANGUARD (+1 CP)

- BroCap (storm bolter, warding stave, Vortex of Doom) 152

- Bro Ancient (storm bolter, falchion, Sanctuary, Banner of Refining Flame) 130

- 2x Ven Dread (twin lascannon, missile launcher, Astral Aim) 2x185

CATACHAN BATTALION (+5 CPs)

- Commander (boltgun, chainsword, Kurov's Aquila) 31 / -1 CP

- Lord Commissar (boltgun, power maul) 35

- 3x10 Guardsmen 3x40

- 2x Basilisk (earthshaker cannon, heavy bolter) 2x108

TOT 1999

13 CPs

117 PLs (58 in reserve)

Similar strategy wrt before, only here Draigo catapults himself ahead on 2nd turn to help his brothers tongue.png

Edited by Chronos Darkhelmet, 17 May 2018 - 10:18 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users