Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My 1st 40k Army - 1k List

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

SwashBuccaneer

SwashBuccaneer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 183 posts
  • Faction: Deathwatch

Have yet to play a game and was looking at getting a 1k force from the DI box to play a few games to test the units and see what I liked, etc. This is the list I've built and have the models for already. 

Starting Death Guard Army (998/1000pt.)

@Detachments [ 1 ]

Death Guard (Batallion detachment)

@HQ [ 2 ]

Malignant Plaguecaster  (110pt.) Corrupted staff; Bolt pistol; Blight grenades; Krak grenades; 

Typhus  (175pt.) Blight grenades; Master-crafted manreaper; Destroyer Hive; 

@Elites [ 1 ]

Foul Blightspawn  (77pt.) Blight grenades; Krak grenades; Plague sprayer; 

@Troops [ 3 ]

5x - Plague Marines  (121pt.) 
> 1x - Plague Champion (30pt.); Blight grenades; Krak grenades; Bolt pistol; Plaguesword; Power fist; 
> 2x - Plague Marine (17pt.); Blight grenades; Krak grenades; Plague knife; Boltgun; 
> 1x - Plague Marine (27pt.); Blight grenades; Krak grenades; Plague knife; Flail of corruption; 
> 1x - Plague Marine (30pt.); Blight grenades; Krak grenades; Plague knife; Plasma gun; 

5x - Plague Marines  (109pt.) 
> 1x - Plague Champion (18pt.); Blight grenades; Krak grenades; Bolt pistol; Plaguesword; 
> 2x - Plague Marine (17pt.); Blight grenades; Krak grenades; Plague knife; Boltgun; 
> 1x - Plague Marine (27pt.); Blight grenades; Krak grenades; Plague knife; Blight launcher; 
> 1x - Plague Marine (30pt.); Blight grenades; Krak grenades; Plague knife; Plasma gun; 

17x - Poxwalkers  (102pt.) 
> 17x - Poxwalker ; Improvised weapon; 

@Fast attack [ 1 ]

Foetid Bloatdrone  (158pt.) Plague probe; Plaguespitter (x2); 

@Heavy support [ 1 ]

Plagueburst Crawler  (146pt.) Plagueburst mortar; Entropy cannon (x2); Heavy slugger; 

Statistics:
* Units: 8
* Models: 32
* Reinforcements points: 2
* Detachments: 1
* Command points: 8

Clincher37

Clincher37

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 40 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

Do you own any other models or just what's listed? Ever since the FAQ it's been hard to justify running Typhus unless he buffing a minimum of two max squads of Poxwalkers. 

Other than that I would suggest trying to stick to one special weapon type in your PM units. Either run two Blight Launders and a Plasma Gun on the Champion or three Plasma Guns. With Blight Launchers you really want to be advancing to objectives and firing them while with Plasma Guns you want to get to 18" and rapid fire with them (overcharging if you can and have access to re-roll 1s).

If these are all the models you have though it's certainly not a bad force for some casual 1000pt games.

• SwashBuccaneer likes this

SwashBuccaneer

SwashBuccaneer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 183 posts

Thanks for the reply and feedback! I also have the Lord of Contagion & Noxious Blightbringer from the DI box and a box of Blightlord Terminators that I didn't assemble. 

I supplemented the DI box with the multi part kit of PMs and only had 1 plasma gun and 1 Blight Launcher. I threw on the flail, plasma, and launcher on one guy. I have 12 total marines (and 2 champs) so I've been thinking about dropping the flail for another bolter guy. 

Not sure where to get extra plasma guns and blight launchers, etc. :(

Clincher37

Clincher37

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 40 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

The flail is certainly awesome in a CC PM unit but I'm just not a fan of mixed units. I'd rather them do one thing really well than try to invest in CC and shooting in a single unit thus making them less effective. 

Based on what you have I think you have a pretty good setup here. It may not hurt to try to squeeze the Blightbringer in to help with Typhus and the Poxwalkers advance rolls. The LoC is just not good (I believe he should get a re-roll 1s aura or something because right now he's just a very slow moving beatstick). 

As for getting extra plasma guns and blight launchers, plasma guns aren't too hard to get a hold of on bits sites and ebay. For Blight Launchers, if you don't want to do conversions, the snapfit plague marines kit is the cheapest place to get them because you get one per box. 

SwashBuccaneer

SwashBuccaneer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 183 posts

Thanks again. I can see mixed units being bad. The flail looked cool and I thought eh throw it on him to help out in combat phase, but with such a small squad size and being more shooty focused I have definitely been considering dropping it and most likely will. 

Thrall_Love

Thrall_Love

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 121 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors
The snap fit PM come with a plasma gun as well.

Felstone

Felstone

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 105 posts

Foul Blightspawn is very underrated, he can take down really though enemies all by himself (something DG are lacking) and hes only 77 points. Stick him in a Rhino with your Plague Marines and your good to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users