Sisters speculation topic

Aqui

On the subject of Imigifiers... I tend to take 3, because then I'm more likely to get those extra shots with the heavy botler / Multimelta retributors or return a dead heavy weapon /special weapon / fried sister superior* to a unit

*Nothing funnier than to roll a 1 to hit with a overcharged plasma pistol welding Superior then next turn bring her back :tongue.:

There's 4 acts of faith you can use.. it doesnt have to be shoot, move, shoot or move, move, shoot all the time... those 10 sisters holding an objective will never take casualties then?  bringing one girl back can mean you have more troops in 3" than your opponent giving you the point.  Or the time when the unit of chaff has jammed up a unit.. AoF shoot them with pistols, shooting phase shoot them again

Making Acts of Faith cool Stratagems would probably be the simplest way of doing it. Give all Sisters units (even vehicles) an invulnerable save, and have nicely flavoured Stratagems for other Faith powers. Simple, effective.

All sisters unit, including vehicles, do have an invulnerable save...

I do think Order specific acts of faith would be cool. The idea of something like praying for your flamers to be extra killy fits mechanics and is thematic.

That would be really cool. 

I would rather see it be a buff that didn't just simply make the equipment the Sisters have better.  It is Faith after all, surely the stratagem buff (if they go with one) for AoF could make the Sisters themselves better.  Extra moves, better leadership or better shooting.  Give me inspired Sisters performing minor miracles, not better wargear this phase because we believe...

Better wargear because you believe is an orky thing, not Sisters.

Sisters are the Orks of the imperium?

We move faster, because we believe.

We shoot more, because we believe.

We come back from the dead, because we believe.

Still, better equipment through faith will be hard pressed to equal, much less have uses better than, double shots thru faith. Even 6 shots on a flamethrower is strictly worse than 2d6 on a flamethrower...

A lot of 7e Acts of Faith feel more like stratagems in 8e.  Because of this - and because of how specific and limited our current AoF are (the only one we are missing is 'charge' and the only circumstance in which that'd be useful is during Martyrdom anyway) - I'd be surprised if we got order-specific AoF.  Unless they overhaul AoF completely and get rid of its current, out-of-phase action, style.

I could see our old 7e AoF turning into proper stratagems.  Things like preferred enemy (see: Scions of Guilliman for Ultramarines), or Shred for our flamer weapons.  Let's admit, that would be pretty nice.  Ignores cover is another option, though given the way that they have split "cover" into +1 to saves in some places and -1 to hit in others, Ignores Cover is not all that it once cracked up to be.  A space wolf style strat that lets us ignore minuses to hit would be pretty boss, though.  I don't know if Rending would be better served as a shuriken-style Ap-3/Ap-4 on 6s or just straight up mortal wounds, a la hellfire shells.

I admit I don't even remember what the Celestian or Canonness AoF was last edition...

I'm hoping for more innovative rules, rather than rehashes of what we have had in the past, but I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the above appear.

I'm also hoping that we get some kind of vehicle synergy, although it's not like we have many vehicles to use it on.  What do you think are the chances of a shoot-twice style upgrade for the Exorcist, which is in a pretty bad spot right now?

Cannoness gave hatred (reroll misses in melee) and Celestians gave reroll failed charges and +1 Str when you charged, but still didn't make them worth it.

Shoot twice is pretty much guaranteed for the exorcist, since it is basically a worse leman Russ but more expensive. Either that or choose 1-3 dice to fire, but on a double it jams.

Hopefully not too much faith through stratagems. Id like to field sisters without needing a guard cp battery.

Hoping not for a shoot twice thing for the exorcist. Its always had a tempermental machine spirit and the d6 shots has always represented that. Getting more shots is counter to all that. Would much rather see its damage go up to d6- it might not shoot much sometimes but by crikey it should hurt when it does.

Or leave the gun as it is currently but lean more towards the fluff.... and give it an aura buff to faith... i.e. +1 to an imagifiers roll for AoF inside 6"

And in the same vain give immolators loud hailers ... +1 ld for friendly sisters and -1 ld for enemy units in 6"

I could get behind exorcists granting faith. Wont see it used on anything but retributors but still cool.

Curious to see if CA will bring us what we need to play in Killteams. Local store is running a campaign and its disappointing not being able to participate properly.

I'd like fluffy abilities on a situational use, e.g. a desperate unit in a bad situation tries to stay alive via the Holy Trinity: if an enemy unit is shot at with *each* of bolter, melta *and* flamer in the same turn, there is a nice proc such as X extra mortal wounds on the target, or a strong AP boost on all hits. A sort of last resort ability or stratagem, would make fun games and could make up for committing different weapon types to the same target

Ha, kinda like the old apocalypse formation having different firing modes. Be interesting to see.

If the condemnor isnt able to be taken by a full unit ("condemnor squad" oooh i like that- no, i love that, make this a thing!

Theres your chamber militant squad right there! ), id really like to see its damage go up to d3 mortal wounds against psykers. We have no access to mortal wound sources and id like us to get some even if its just against psykers.

Ha! That be hilarous. Seeing some witch hate would be great to see. "Abhor the witch, kill the mutant, purge the unclean" oooh thatd be cool to see that reflected somehow.

Thinking the other day, Id like to see some of the old wargear come back in some way. Example, Celestians shooting could ignore the benefits of cover because of their 'blessed ammunition and promethium. Common idea for Celestians is to male em close combat punchy but id like to see their shooting more effective- like ignoring cover. Psyocculums to target psykers even if not closest.

December cannot come fast enough...

Wish it was november. Gaming club is doing a tournament then and itd be nice to rock up with bells and whistles for sisters.

In regard to the aforementioned psychic blowback. If the shield of faith denial worked on a 6 + roll regardless of what the psyker rolled, it would make it's be worthwhile ( with the exception of the psyker rolling double sixes).

Keep it simple like:

"If a unit with the SoF special rule is the target of a successful enemy psychic power, roll a d6. On a 6+ the psychic power is negated. If the psychic power was passed on a double 6, the power cannot be negated."

Hey if orks can alwats hit on 6s no matter what and get more licks in, why cant we always deny on a 6? ;)

While we're at it. Give Imagifiers in addition to what they do:

"Friendly Adepta Sororitas units of the same ORDER within 6" of an Imagifier add 1 to their SoF invulnerable saves. The effects of multiple Imagifiers do not stack."

And to Dialogus in addition to what they do:

"Friendly Adepta Sororitas units of the same ORDER within 6" of a Dialogus add 1 to their SoF deny the witch rolls. The effects of multiple Dialogus do not stack."

Archived