Sisters speculation topic

Aqui

Trouble is how will any changes to SoF affect the Crusaders in the AM (GUARD!) codex?

Will it be errarted so they have the same SoF as the sisters (like now) or as they have the rules written in their entry it'll be the same unit in two 'dexs have two separate rules with the same name?

Wish it was november. Gaming club is doing a tournament then and itd be nice to rock up with bells and whistles for sisters.

In regard to the aforementioned psychic blowback. If the shield of faith denial worked on a 6 + roll regardless of what the psyker rolled, it would make it's be worthwhile ( with the exception of the psyker rolling double sixes).

Keep it simple like:

"If a unit with the SoF special rule is the target of a successful enemy psychic power, roll a d6. On a 6+ the psychic power is negated. If the psychic power was passed on a double 6, the power cannot be negated."

Hey if orks can alwats hit on 6s no matter what and get more licks in, why cant we always deny on a 6? ;)

While we're at it. Give Imagifiers in addition to what they do:

"Friendly Adepta Sororitas units of the same ORDER within 6" of an Imagifier add 1 to their SoF invulnerable saves. The effects of multiple Imagifiers do not stack."

And to Dialogus in addition to what they do:

"Friendly Adepta Sororitas units of the same ORDER within 6" of a Dialogus add 1 to their SoF deny the witch rolls. The effects of multiple Dialogus do not stack."

I think the Imagifier would have to go up to 65 pts, but would totally be worth it. Imagifier + Celestine means 4++ squads and 4++/4++ seraphim.

Well theres something right there. Fix the seraphim reroll save ability and clarify Celestines bonus to invo save whether its a +1 or if it make units have their SoF invo become 5+ so theres no confusion as to whether seraphim rerolls are 6+/5+ or 5+/5+.

Seriously, seraphim reroll problem is fixed in a single word. Change "must reroll" to "may reroll" like everyone else who gets options to reroll.

I wouldnt be surprised to see our warlord traits come in along the lines of "reroll failed SoF invo" and "reroll failed SoF deny" ...rolls of 1, just to make it super sad.

Well theres something right there. Fix the seraphim reroll save ability and clarify Celestines bonus to invo save whether its a +1 or if it make units have their SoF invo become 5+ so theres no confusion as to whether seraphim rerolls are 6+/5+ or 5+/5+.

Seriously, seraphim reroll problem is fixed in a single word. Change "must reroll" to "may reroll" like everyone else who gets options to reroll.

I wouldnt be surprised to see our warlord traits come in along the lines of "reroll failed SoF invo" and "reroll failed SoF deny" ...rolls of 1, just to make it super sad.

It increases their save, not their roll, so it's always a 5++/5++

Also, a reroll failed invuln would make our tanks amazing. 5++/5++ on Repressors will be /brutal/

Wish it was november. Gaming club is doing a tournament then and itd be nice to rock up with bells and whistles for sisters.

In regard to the aforementioned psychic blowback. If the shield of faith denial worked on a 6 + roll regardless of what the psyker rolled, it would make it's be worthwhile ( with the exception of the psyker rolling double sixes).

Keep it simple like:

"If a unit with the SoF special rule is the target of a successful enemy psychic power, roll a d6. On a 6+ the psychic power is negated. If the psychic power was passed on a double 6, the power cannot be negated."

Hey if orks can alwats hit on 6s no matter what and get more licks in, why cant we always deny on a 6? :wink:

"Friendly Adepta Sororitas units of the same ORDER within 6" of an Imagifier add 1 to their SoF invulnerable saves. The effects of multiple Imagifiers do not stack."

"Friendly Adepta Sororitas units of the same ORDER within 6" of a Dialogus add 1 to their SoF deny the witch rolls. The effects of multiple Dialogus do not stack."

I think the Imagifier would have to go up to 65 pts, but would totally be worth it. Imagifier + Celestine means 4++ squads and 4++/4++ seraphim.

That would be just enough to make an imagifier worth 40pts, especially considering it would only really be good for blunting alphastrike. Still doesn't fix the whole 'wait for me gals!' problem imagifiers have.

Keep it simple like:

Hey if orks can alwats hit on 6s no matter what and get more licks in, why cant we always deny on a 6? :wink:

That would be just enough to make an imagifier worth 40pts, especially considering it would only really be good for blunting alphastrike. Still doesn't fix the whole 'wait for me gals!' problem imagifiers have.

Judging by your previous posts, we clearly have different playstyles.

An Imagifier will never be worth it for a 5 man squad with no upgrades, but is always worth it for a 10 woman multimelta squad or a 10 woman Dominion. Hell, an imagifier costs about the same as a single woman with a multimelta, and averages an additional 2 shots a turn, more with command point reroll.

• 3 weeks later...

I have found Imagifiers to be well worth the points, even if none of the three I take get an Act of Faith in a given turn. Over the course of the game they will pay for themselves as the Acts of Faith are so incredibly useful and effective. Using Imagifiers really helps. I always roll for the Imagifiers before I roll for the 2+ anywhere on the board AoF. For example if the one I park with my Retributors gets her Act then I can use the 2+ one elsewhere, so that gives me some flexibility. If she does not get her AoF then I need to decide if giving the Retributors an extra shot, or moving them to get their heavy weapons closer with no shooting penalty later in the turn, is more important than using the Act elsewhere. However I'll take that 50/50 chance because the AoF are so powerful. To me its worth the points.

• 3 weeks later...

Just thinking about what Faction bonuses the ORDERS could get......

Our Martyred Lady - stuborn - lose max of 1 model to failed moral check

Bloody Rose - swift & ferocious assault - re-roll advance moves, count rapid fire weapons as assault & ignore the -1 to hit with assault weapons

Valorous Heart - penitent / repentant - err dont know 

Sacred Rose - Calm & disciplined - ignore the -1 to hit on heavy weapons after moving

Ebon Chalice - oldest / Ancient knowledge - all infantry gain ObSec, plus something else

Argent Shroud -Selfless heroism / Strong faith - +1 to SoF Invuns (if it stays like the Index) or a 6+ invun if not, +1 to AoF rolls

side note... I think we'll be getting a new /updated exorcist model as the ones on sale at WHW are still the 3rd Ed Hybrid kit.... in fact EVERYTHING* sisters is still metal and not finecast

*Canons V, the Saint & her bodyguard excepted

I'd think Valorous Heart would be melee focused --

+1 attack on the charge?

+1 strength ala Catachans?

6" Heroic Intervention ala Space Wolfs?

Hopefully not reroll hits on the charge.

I think Valorous Heart, as they're known for far more Repentia than other orders would probably get either a feel no pain save and or a charge bonus. That said, who knows how they're gonna approach this...

Just thinking about what Faction bonuses the ORDERS could get...…

Sacred Rose - Calm & disciplined - ignore the -1 to hit on heavy weapons after moving

That would be nice, as would an Exorcist rolling 2D3 instead of 1D6 for number of shots.

Exorcist just needs to be Dd6, reroll failed wounds against vehicles to be fixed healthily. Basically give it the rules of the custodes launcher. I cant remember it exactly but its along those lines.

I dont mind its unreliable amount of shots. Cannot accept the unreliable damage.

Got excited in last nights game where one actually got 3 shots through the wounds and saves and then only rolled....4 damage. Dd6 would at least have scored 7 which is where it needs to be.

Exorcist does need a way to be augmented though. Cannoness only does so much.

I think Valorous Heart, as they're known for far more Repentia than other orders would probably get either a feel no pain save and or a charge bonus. That said, who knows how they're gonna approach this...

Trouble is with this (6+ FNP) is it either goes with the Invun save (SoF not changed) or its the same as giving a 6+ Invun save :( ... hard one....

but the subject her is speculation.... what would we like to see :tongue.:

I was thinking the Exorcist should get the Imganifers rule about generating AoF*.... after all they are mini mobile shrines

*depending on how AoF work in the Beta 'dex of course

Laud Hailers would be good especially as it would allow us to have the effect of a dialogus without having to have a dialogus. Downside, the dialogus becomes less desirable than it already is.

A lot of the old armoury would be good.

Blessed Ammunition ignoring cover would make heavy bolters especially happy.

Holy Promethium...i dont actually remember what this did, but im sure itd be good to have it back.

Psyocculums to target psykers (like greyfax does).

There is so much that would be great to have back.

Holy promethium did something about the leadership tests IIRC.... be nice to lower leadership by 2 if a unit takes wounds....

With Loud Hailers you could have them +1 LD to <order> units in 6".... and Dialogus can give a re-roll to moral checks for friendly Ministorum /Guard units

I still think exorcist should be roll either 1, 2 or 3 dice for shots, but on any doubles it jams and doesn't fire.

I think skaven in AoS had a rule like that. Makes it seem as unpredictable but deadly as it's supposed to be.

Most other tanks of it's class got the fire twice rule, even Orkz Gunwagon, so I don't see why it wouldn't get something similar.

Order of the Bloody Rose will be pretty solid on some Repentia. Four attacks on the charge (with a priest) rerolling everything (with a mistress), hitting at strength 8 (or 7, I can never keep track of modifiers). Now if only they could get better models...

Archived