Sisters speculation topic

Aqui

You make a stratagem (so you can limit it to one per round...’at the start of your turn’) spend x/y cp for a/b AoF

Then you do an Act that allows you to spend faith for CP that must be spent this turn or lost.

Having some time to think about it and discuss it with a friend... I think I like the AoF and Stratagem systems being removed from each other.  I also think that strong stratagems + AoFs unchanged would lead to... problems.  And finally... with the previewed stratagems, I don't think they're (the revealed stratagems) are hitting the bar to the point where AoFs would need to be "fixed".

Well, it looks like we are getting extra presents for Christmas this year.

GW Community page shows the table of contents for the new War Zone Vigilus, and Sisters are on it.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/12/03/3rd-dec-war-zone-vigilus-a-new-theatre-of-wargw-homepage-post-2/

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Screen-Shot-2018-12-03-at-17.43.02-e1543859122664.png

I'm trying to measure my response, because my initial "well, I guess you're all for the bland and tasteless flavor of rules" just seems to not really keep the discussion going.  It'll just make stuff devolve into bickering.

Instead, how about this:

Most armies have to incorporate psychic powers into their generic play arsenal, you know... devote head-space and timing towards figuring out how to incorporate that mechanic into play.  There are a few armies out there who do not get said psychic powers, but instead get their own sub-game system to play with (think Power From Pain and Combat Drugs).  I see incorporating a handful of faith powers no more daunting or draining than memorizing 2-3 charts of psychic powers and how they interact with your army and the field.

Everyone has "additional" bookkeeping to do with their army, and most of that is made intentionally to be "additional" for the sake of being "additional".  WH40k 8th edition is a very boring system, painfully bland and generic.  It is what they're bolting on top of that system that causes those additional interactions that gives the game character and the individual factions some much needed depth.  And that's something I'd have to give GW credit for... over the life of 8th so far, there has been a very nice development of codex character, overall (there are some outliers).

Also: day 1 of Chapter Approved teasers from GW... nothing for Sororitas :D - the wait persists, lol.  Though, the addition of the new Matched Play rule helps tremendously.  A fast army like Sisters benefits a lot from rules which favors objective hunting over the course of the game as opposed to maliciously destroying models with no intention of objectives.  Removing sudden death as a win condition is going to be big!

I'm trying to measure my response, because my initial "well, I guess you're all for the bland and tasteless flavor of rules" just seems to not really keep the discussion going.  It'll just make stuff devolve into bickering.

Instead, how about this:

Most armies have to incorporate psychic powers into their generic play arsenal, you know... devote head-space and timing towards figuring out how to incorporate that mechanic into play.  There are a few armies out there who do not get said psychic powers, but instead get their own sub-game system to play with (think Power From Pain and Combat Drugs).  I see incorporating a handful of faith powers no more daunting or draining than memorizing 2-3 charts of psychic powers and how they interact with your army and the field.

Everyone has "additional" bookkeeping to do with their army, and most of that is made intentionally to be "additional" for the sake of being "additional".  WH40k 8th edition is a very boring system, painfully bland and generic.  It is what they're bolting on top of that system that causes those additional interactions that gives the game character and the individual factions some much needed depth.  And that's something I'd have to give GW credit for... over the life of 8th so far, there has been a very nice development of codex character, overall (there are some outliers).

Also: day 1 of Chapter Approved teasers from GW... nothing for Sororitas :biggrin.: - the wait persists, lol.  Though, the addition of the new Matched Play rule helps tremendously.  A fast army like Sisters benefits a lot from rules which favors objective hunting over the course of the game as opposed to maliciously destroying models with no intention of objectives.  Removing sudden death as a win condition is going to be big!

TBF though, we don't know if we still ARE a fast army yet. They could still ditch double AoF moves and get rid of scout. We don't actually know where they're going with it. I would prefer to get even faster, personally, but i don't work at GW.

TBF though, we don't know if we still ARE a fast army yet. They could still ditch double AoF moves and get rid of scout. We don't actually know where they're going with it. I would prefer to get even faster, personally, but i don't work at GW.

Exactly, new doesn't always mean better. Sisters players should know that better than anyone. As for AoF there is a large group of players who only know it as our "Cheat Phase" and will be using the beta to codex process to tear the Sisters down. I'd say I'm tempering my expectations, but it's become such an ingrained response. Hope leads too and all that.

I hope the faith system remains the same. I never had any problems with it

Agreed. The current Acts of faith system is not only the best one we've had, but also a far superior(in terms of balance and counterplay and healthy gameplay) version of Ynnari's system.

I hope the faith system remains the same. I never had any problems with it

Agreed. The current Acts of faith system is not only the best one we've had, but also a far superior(in terms of balance and counterplay and healthy gameplay) version of Ynnari's system.

I agree wholeheartedly with you both. 

Exactly, new doesn't always mean better. Sisters players should know that better than anyone. As for AoF there is a large group of players who only know it as our "Cheat Phase" and will be using the beta to codex process to tear the Sisters down. I'd say I'm tempering my expectations, but it's become such an ingrained response. Hope leads too and all that.

Oh font even get me started on the whole "cheat phase" terminology nonsense. There is nothing cheat about it. A freaking ability that we pat for that can be countered by a smart opponent that has the sense to remove its sources. Its called fething strategy. Any player being a pregnant dog over 1 or 2 faith a turn....*breathe*

Every army "cheats". Necrons can get back free models every turn.

Orks can get back almost entire blob squads for no understandable reason.

Eldar...well...eldar, nuff said.

Grumble grumble grump grump moral of story dont say "cheat phase" around me.

The big difference between AoF and Ynarri is that you cannot strategize or control when you proc your AoF to take advantages of changes you have made in the battlefield on your turn. Before the AOF procs, the player with the last say is your opponent. That’s a massive difference.

That being said, given the amount of grief over Ynarri soulburst, I would not be surprised if GW was leery of releasing another “multiple activation” army. Could they have decided to change AoF and rework Ynarri along side it? I hope not - but we will find out soon.

So either

1. the Sisters dex is awsome and none of the leakers know how to put it,

2. all the leakers have signed NDAs about the sisters dex

3. its that bad none of the leakers want to risk saying anything about it!

4. its a couple of minor tweeks from the index and none of the leakers are sisters players so havent noticed what they are..

I mean we've got lists of cost changes but not even a sniff of the datasheets in the sisters dex... not even the basic sister costs x points... when the ork book was 2-3 weeks away people where talking about what units were in it...

Should we be worried or happy that we havent had any leaks yet?

Some of it comes from something we are sometimes reticent to admit: We are a very small playerbase/faction, and our dex is coming out in a book that has a lot of changes people are greatly desiring to know for larger factions, most importantly Space Marines. At the same time, there is a gigantic campaign book coming out. Plus it is a beta book; why bother leaking with all of these factors considered since it is liable to change long term?

After other codices get a full week of previews for all their subfactions, I’ll be pretty sad if they don’t at least give us a lone CA day focused on Sisters. Yesterday was matched play, today open play, and it looks like tomorrow is narrative play, so either way it won’t be till Thursday it seems... :(

So either

1. the Sisters dex is awsome and none of the leakers know how to put it,

2. all the leakers have signed NDAs about the sisters dex

3. its that bad none of the leakers want to risk saying anything about it!

4. its a couple of minor tweeks from the index and none of the leakers are sisters players so havent noticed what they are..

I mean we've got lists of cost changes but not even a sniff of the datasheets in the sisters dex... not even the basic sister costs x points... when the ork book was 2-3 weeks away people where talking about what units were in it...

Should we be worried or happy that we havent had any leaks yet?

The REAL leakers don't generally talk about stuff until Preorders are up. Though War of sigmar has spoiled some stuff about what was shown today, and will likely do so again during the SoB preview day.

Calgar is 200pts. Celestine better go back down to 150. Or at least 175 without Gemini.

I think the Exorcist needs to become a rebranded Whirlwind Scorpius. 3d3 shots, strength 6, 2 damage, and can fire twice if it doesn't move.

Why does it need the other stuff? Just make it fire twice if it doesn't move. S6 2 damage with less than AP-4 would be kinda pointless. People love the scorpius, but it still isn't really that good.

Archived