Sisters speculation topic

Aqui

Not sure what the chances are, but that would make them much better at their current points. OoBR Repentia would be deliciously brutal, hope the Valorous Heart Repentia get something to make them worth taking, otherwise they've just broken the fluff train...

Might be valorous heart gets zealot?

Still wouldn't be as good as +1S +1A, especially considering you can still just buy zealot. 

Any Conviction good enough to better for repentia than the one we've already seen would likely turn all of SoB into a CQC army by accident, lol. We're basically getting the Red thirst and the Black Rage in the same CT. We'z all Death Company now.

Id laugh if everything was geared toward combat for our short ranged shooting.

Hey sisters can reroll close combat attacks. Hey they can have +1a and +1 to wound in combat. Hey they can have +1 to hit in combat etc.

Meanwhile only combat unit remains to be repentia.

Hey sisters can reroll close combat attacks. Hey they can have +1a and +1 to wound in combat. Hey they can have +1 to hit in combat etc.

because the only other reaction would be to cry.... and little toy soldiers arent reason enough to cry!

:teehee: :teehee:

One of the rumors for CA that I saw is a price break for twin lascannons. If that's true  then I hope we have a price break for multi-mrltas. We could certainly use it!

I have a sinking feeling that Celestians will be regarded as "broken", due to Order of Bloody Rose. People will see them as an Ork boy/way better assault marine with 3+/6++ for 11 pts.

2 attacks base, +1 from Order trait, +1 from priest, reroll ones from Cannoness.

Superior swinging 5 powermauls/sword/axe attacks.

Theyre called sisters Superior for a reason ;) Superior in authority to other sisters and Superior in every way to marines. The only thing space marines are superior to sisters at is dying. Lets stop comparing everything to marines. Sisters are superior to them. Marines are a beginners army. Sisters are for when players have learned to play and want to move onto class. /troll

Anyone who cries over a single model in a unit swinging hard can cry.

Celestians wont be broken, theyre still only s3 t3 and that still hurts (yes s4 but thats only first round).

This is why we wont see celestian squads be able to kit themselves out with power weapons.

I have a sinking feeling that Celestians will be regarded as "broken", due to Order of Bloody Rose. People will see them as an Ork boy/way better assault marine with 3+/6++ for 11 pts.

2 attacks base, +1 from Order trait, +1 from priest, reroll ones from Cannoness.

Superior swinging 5 powermauls/sword/axe attacks.

Even with those stats, anyone who calls them 'broken' is a fool. Just because they're better at combat than a unit that's terrible at combat or a model that's just over half the price wouldn't be enough to qualify them as 'broken'. Honestly, without a better delivery system and some better weapon options, they still wouldn't qualify as 'good'.

People complain about everything when it is on a paper by itself. Theoryhammer makes everything sound elite. That is why it is critical that we give consistent feedback of good depth and caliber. The vast majority of complainers won't do anything but complain on forums and then wander off since not many players play Sisters.

Meh, of all the things people fuss about against my army... cracking down on people in melee is not one of them.

I did ask a friend if I could use the Order trait and strategies in a game this past weekend.  The Seraphim did something like 5 wounds instead of the usual 1 or 2, so it did help a lot... but those wounds were hardly what ended that game.

I would totally run some Celestians... trying to figure out if I would do Chainswords or Power Axes (if they gain access to those options), but they'd have to crawl into either an Immolator or a Rhino.  So you figure Rhino + Celestians + Priest + Canoness (because why not)... comes out to be like... 200 points?  Maybe a little more?  And the squad may hit hard, but won't hit until turn 2, normally.  Then of course they will get 'knee-jerked' and blown off the table right after that first poor unit gets run over by them.  So unless they're running into something like Terminators... they're definitely not making the trade efficient.

Shock troops are great, but not for clearing out 500 points of junk over the course of the game.  They're great for that initial hit to literally shock your opponent into misplaying his reaction to them, or to get them to focus fire on the squad prematurely off of the threat factor alone.  They open up space and opportunity for other units to work in to accomplish the goal of ultimately winning the game, they will not "win the game" on their own merits, though.

Here's a question: will celestians even be in the Beta codex? They don't have models and GW doesn't like putting units without models into a codex. The same could be asked about inferno pistols as a choice for Seraphim.

Traditionally there was no visible difference between a Celestian and a regular Battle Sister aside from how the owner may have painted them. However with the new Codex coming perhaps there will be a distinct difference in the future.

Here's a question: will celestians even be in the Beta codex? They don't have models and GW doesn't like putting units without models into a codex. The same could be asked about inferno pistols as a choice for Seraphim.

If not, you still can take index options.

If not, you still can take index options.

Eliminating options that will probably get models in a year or so seems like something too silly, even for GW.

Didn´t GW say something about releasing a miniature together with the beta codex? Can't seem to find where iI read it.

It also seems strange that  no teasers about the SoB on the Warhammer Community homepage. I get the feeling that they are trying to put the spotlight on something else than the Sisters and that makes me worried about the codex.

Didn´t GW say something about releasing a miniature together with the beta codex? Can't seem to find where iI read it.

It also seems strange that no teasers about the SoB on the Warhammer Community homepage. I get the feeling that they are trying to put the spotlight on something else than the Sisters and that makes me worried about the codex.

I feel like most people just don't care about it. Most people are begging people to see the point changes for Terminators, which to me is a lot less exciting. But whatevs.

I think the reasons why were not seeing any spot light on the sisters dex are

i) its a beta dex and people who are going to buy CA for it will buy it if its advertised or not

ii) there are no new models to sell at the moment so what are they going to hype?  its better to spend the time hyping up what doesnt already have a market

iii) people arent going to buy a beta dex then put several hundred pounds on an army....they're going to wait until the plastics are released with the codex...

iv) they have put beta cards with CA as well

v) its tweeks and minor stat / unit changes from the index, with most of the major changes being the rules for the ORDERS (possibly 1 article next week), Stratagems & relics, with a few units that we (the sister playing community) have already been asking for.... (wheres our jump pack canoness?)

I mean lets face it as soon as they announced that this years CA was going to have the beta dex in most of they guys at the club I go to knew I was going to be getting it

i) its a beta dex and people who are going to buy CA for it will buy it if its advertised or not

ii) there are no new models to sell at the moment so what are they going to hype?  its better to spend the time hyping up what doesnt already have a market

i) So then, why promote Ork Codex since everyone that been waiting for it should buy it even if its advertised or not

ii) Thats why Im worried since I read something about a new model being released at the same time as beta codex when they announced the betacodex. 

Archived