Sisters speculation topic

Aqui

I'd honestly like a troop version of the Repentia, give them brutal melee options that aren't eviscerators, and the option to either take dual hand Flamers or a heavy flamer that can explode when they die.

I'd honestly like a troop version of the Repentia, give them brutal melee options that aren't eviscerators, and the option to either take dual hand Flamers or a heavy flamer that can explode when they die.

Repentia as troops would be nice, especially if they were able to ditch or rework the Eviscerator. Let it count as a simple chainsword for +1A and make them much cheaper than they currently are. I have 30 Repentia and would play them in a heartbeat (I usually play some in my lists, just not 30) if they were the cost of a Guardsmen. Hand flamers as possible side arms and actual Eviscerators (not the weak ones they get now) that you could sprinkle in a couple of per squad could give them a lot of zing as well.

Causing a mortal wound on a failed SoF roll of 1 would be very reminiscent of their old AoF.

Repentia would be fine if they were half their current price and had zealot. The mistress granting reroll to SoF invo wouldve been better than the current zealot. Fixed. Everyone takes repentia.

Repentias are seriously good for their points if they can get into melee with a target that they want to. They really just need something to get them there.

It's not a great range of targets though. Without a priest and mistress in tow even death cultists with their knives will do more damage to things like rhinos and terminators.

For the cost of a repentia you get a full on berzerker with chainsword and chainaxe, including champion and legion bonuses.

(edit-spelling)

Ah well heres hoping the Order that has a higher number of repentia (bloody rose is it?) gets the bonuses to repentia to scratch that itch.

Ah well heres hoping the Order that has a higher number of repentia (bloody rose is it?) gets the bonuses to repentia to scratch that itch.

Valorous Heart.

I hope the Valorous Heart gets a bonus that doesn’t only help Repentia, since I’m a Valorous Heart player and I don’t like Repentia :P

You don't like Celestine, you don't like Repentia...you sure you're a Sisters player? :lol:

I hope the Valorous Heart gets a bonus that doesn’t only help Repentia, since I’m a Valorous Heart player and I don’t like Repentia :P

You don't like Celestine, you don't like Repentia...you sure you're a Sisters player? :lol:

Hehe, now you've done it....

Gets me wondering what they might do to bring out the nature of the original six Orders. Some of the Orders had specific units they were known for, but whats the likelihood they will stick with that rather than giving each Order a chapter tactic like rule?

Valorous Heart - Repentia

Sacred Rose - Retributors

Bloody Rose - Dominions

Argent Shroud - Seraphim

OoMartyred Lady - ???

Ebon Chalice - ???

They have done away with "unit" counts as troops for this group of "?" for the most part. I dont see them reverting back to that. Would they rather make Valorous Heart Repentia better than the other Orders? How would they do that? Would it make players take them?

The only way I can see Repentia in general, or Valorous Heart specifically working better, would be to give them something that equates to "Disgustingly resilient" or "Feels no pain". An actual saving throw and nor a 7+

Hum . . . I suppose that’s a matter of your definition of Sisters player :P I’ll let you decide whether you think I’m a Sisters player, but I do introduce myself as one :D

I’ll buy the codex regardless, and try to keep the amount of salt I leave on the forum to a minimum :D I will point out in my defense that I like Celestine’s original fluff from Codex: Witch Hunters, for what it’s worth.

Edit: and it’s the Repentia models I take issue with, not the fluff ^^

The Imperial Guard Regiments have unique stratagems geared toward specific units right? Or at least ones that benefit some units more than others. We might see something like that (a VH stratagem that allows units to stay alive longer in assault or something for example, which would benefit Repentia, the order’s “signature” unit without being exclusive to them).

Okay so changing gears. Weve had silence on models fir a while now and rules are a long wishlist.

What do people reckon we could see gor a dex release? Not rules, i mean like collectors edition.

Personally, if be very disappointed if we didnt get a collectors edition codex on release. Frankly id be disappointed if there was no pomp and circumstance for the release of this awesome.

I would love to see a collectors edition release that isnt just a codex with a different cover. Would like to see it go all out with objective markers and objectice cards and would be over the moon if they released that model they teased us a while back as part of the collectors.

So basically an awesome little collectors bundle.

Collectors dex

Markers

Cards

Model

Dice

Unlikely to happen, but i would happily firk out the cash for something like that after waiting for a generation.

Didn't they already say that the model render they previewed would likely be sold as a one off sometime?

Might be the only collectors edition codex I would buy.  Though I suspect that it might be coming right at the end of 8ed, so it'll probably be useless weeks later when they preview 9ed...

Don't you recall? They skip 9 and go straight to 10. That's how Grim dark do...

I'm not sure, I was under the impression that 8 was it, that instead well just see chapter approved from here on out update and change rules in a "living game system" scenario.

That said I've been putting away hundreds of thrones for the release of the sisters and I will put fire to any heretic that tries to pre-order -my- collector's edition.

As with age of sigmar and even the new sister sculpt, do you think we'll be seeing a lot of those figures pre-mounted on styled bases? And what do you think of the idea of push-fit sisters?

• 1 month later...

Feel like doing some cold water speculation.

We all dream of sisters being full on overhauled and new units and whatnot. We're an awesome army long overdue and deserving of one.

How would everyone feel if what we got was...exactly what we have now; no new units, no flyers, no skimmers, no fancy mellee celestian terminator, nothing enthusiastic. What if what we got is exactly what we have now- but in plastic.

Lets put a nice icy cold wet blanket on all our dreams and think about how we'd feel if our massive update, was just a straight conversion to plastic and nothing else?

Personally id still just be glad for the attention. The prospect of potentially cheaper $ special and heavy weapons still pleases me.

I'm perfectly fine with the units we have (save the few that need a rules overhaul), so if we don't get any flashy new units, I'm not going to be disappointed at all.

Lets put a nice icy cold wet blanket on all our dreams and think about how we'd feel if our massive update, was just a straight conversion to plastic and nothing else?

I would be more than fine with that. Though it would make me wonder why in the feth we needed to wait for the models to get our Dex in the first place. I don't think it's all that likely, but I have been pleasantly wrong before. Biggest thing for me now with the new plastics is the scale compared to our existing Sisters. It seems they are holding to the old aesthetic so far, the Sisters all growing a head taller would suck.

I like the Repentia models, rules just need to be fixed somehow. Celestians need to be like CCS from 7edIA. A second generic HQ type unit that could go Seraphimish would be great. A second troop type would be nice for breaking up the monotany of the wall of BSS squads the Ro3 has turned my lists in to.

I'm sure we won't get all of those, but I think we will pick up something.

I might be a little disappointed that we didn't get any new units.  But on the other hand, I started playing SoB because I liked the models/units that we already have.  I think I would be perfectly ok just getting a rules update as long as I can still play my army the way I want to.

Archived