WH40K DIY Article Templates (Downloads)

Brother Tyler

WH40K DIY Article Templates

Templates for DIY articles provided as Microsoft Word .docx files.

Includes the following formats:

• Index Astartes (3rd edition)
  • Index Astartes (8th edition)
  • Index Astartes (9th edition)
  • Imperial Armour Badab War
  • Horus Heresy

These formats can be adjusted for other factions.

You are encouraged to make any changes you want when creating your own articles.

You can discuss these templates here.

Loren Ipsum, a treatise by Cicero if I recall correctly; it's used as filler text as a standard for article/book templates and in web design to see how things look and line up. By using the same text every time, you get a better comparison.

Who says the Romans haven't done anything for us?

Yes, it's just filler text to give a better idea of how things will look when you get all of your text entered. It's random pseudo-Latin (your spell-check is going to freak out when you open the files :wink: ).

• 7 months later...

New version uploaded. I've created a preliminary template for the Index Astartes article based on the Crimson Fists Index Astartes article that appeared in January 2019 issue of White Dwarf magazine. The original Index Astartes template remains and has been re-named "Index Astartes 3rd edition template" while the new template is "Index Astartes 8th edition template" for clarity. I'll probably update the new template once I find better fonts; and I may create a bank of faction icons since the Crimson Fists article replaces the aquila (found on the 3rd edition template) with the faction icon of Codex: Space Marines.

Note that the new template also includes pages for rules (i.e., abilities/Chapter Tactics, warlord traits, stratagems, and Chapter relics).

If you see any mistakes, have any problems, or have ideas for improvement, feel free to post here or in the Liber discussion.

• 2 years later...
I've updated the file to include the 9th edition version of the Index Astartes article, complete with codex supplement, Crusade rules, and datasheets for units peculiar to your DIY.

• 1 month later...