Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[2000] Black Templars + Imperial Knights

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

arigatous

arigatous

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 104 posts

Black Templars Battalion - 5CP

5 Scouts, Combat knives, Camo cloak - 70

Chaplain Dreadnought - Combat Weapon, Assault  Cannon - 184 - Warlord, Champion of Humanity.

Lieutenant, Jump Pack, Teeth of Terra - 78

Super-Heavy Detachment of Knights - 3CP

Knight Crusader - Thermal Cannon, Gatling, Twin Icarus - 542

Knight Crusader - Thermal Cannon, Gatling - 512

Knight Paladin - RFBC, Chainsword, Missile Pod - 474

Total: 2000

Crusaders provide main firepower. Chaplain Dread guards Crusaders while mostly can't be targeted because of the Character rule. Scouts hold objectives. Paladin serves as a flanker/vehicle hunter while contributing to whatever part of the battlefield with his 72" range.  Lieutenant contributes where he can.

cypherthefallenangel

cypherthefallenangel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 449 posts
Your marine element doesn't really feel like Black Templar. Scouts really aren't an assault unit. They work well two ways, 1st turn area denial(w/ bolters) and snipers. That's about it. The chaplain Dred is a great unit but not babysitting knight titans. He is an assault character and to use him to his most potential you need use him aggressively with some assault backup. The lone lieutenant isn't it.
What you need with the Knights is some crowd control. Of take something more shooting. A quad auto cannon ven Dred instead of the chaplain Dred. Snooty crusader squads with combo plas, plasma and heavy bolters. Assault cannon razorbacks. Stuff like that. If you really want to keep the scouts, I would make them sniper scouts with Raven Guard tactics. A whole bunch of snipers that are -1 to hit with 2+ saves picking off characters will intimidate opponents into hiding their buff commanders.
As for the Knights. Overall the Errant is better and cheaper than the paladin. I would change the paladin and 1 crusader to Errants. With the left over points fill out your marine element a little. Play the Errands aggressively. This will force your opponent to choose between shooting the Knights about to crash into their lines or the snipers that are potentaly keeping their hq hiding or out of the game. I wouldn't even worry about the crusader all alone in your back field. He can handle his own.

Edited by cypherthefallenangel, 17 May 2018 - 01:11 AM.

I say Exterminatus. It's the only way to be sure.
gallery_65696_7693_3213.gif
gallery_65696_7693_19339.jpggallery_29004_6198_9307.pnggallery_30308_9518_3307.png

arigatous

arigatous

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 104 posts

BT tag is here for two reasons:

1. Abnor the Witch

2. Characters should be able to charge, especially Lieutenant.

Scouts are not here for damaging anything. They will die pretty soon anyway, hopefully scoring some victory points first. That is why any investment in them is pretty much waste. RG tag would help a bit, but not as much as Abnor the Witch. Knives should help vs comparable units of light infantry, that's all I need from them (potential support from Lieu included and yes, he's also meant to die while helping scouts to hold a point for 1 more turn).

Horde army will crush 3 Knights anyway, another 10 marines won't be of much help.

2 Knights and Chap are meant to stay alive by turn 4, where the game should more or less end. 

Schlitzaf

Schlitzaf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,261 posts
  • Faction: Black Templar: Dalthus Crusade
Why are you BT Chapter?
The two best parts about our chapter
-Crusader Squad
-Crusader Helm
With Emperor’s Champion as one of the best specialty HQ’s in the game.

I’d replace two of scout squads with MSU FauxDevi Crusaders. Replace Chappy Dread with DirtCheap Marshall. Using the remaining 50isj points for a second naked scout squad.
Also make the other scout squad naked
PEbafT7.png?1http://www.bolterand...althus-crusade/
Wish List:
BT Crusader Biker- http://www.bolterand...igensian-squad/
BT Primaris Crusaders - (WIP)
"Proper Tool for the Proper Job"

arigatous

arigatous

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 104 posts

Why are you BT Chapter?

Abnor the Witch. Increased charge chance for Lieutenant after DS also helps. Could go RG for -1 to hit or Ultras for CPs but BT Stratagem seems to be more helpful.

Every single infantry model including Lieutenant  will die anyway, whether there are 16 of them or 26 and they will die pretty fast. I only need them to hold a couple of objectives for a couple of turns. The ultimate goal is to keep two Knights and Chap alive and to get as close to tabling as possible. Turns would be very quick, so I can count on a full game vs any opponent but horde (which is a dead matchup for Knights anyway).

cypherthefallenangel

cypherthefallenangel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 449 posts
As for the Abhor the witch being better that raven guard tactics. No way. Raven Guard tactics work the whole game and doesn't cost CP. Abhor the witch isn't that good. It's a CP for 1x 50% chance to deny no more than 1 psychic power a turn. If it was an entire psychic phase then it would be good but no. If you really want psychic protection take a vanguard detachment of 1 celexus assassin. Which you can do now with the new FAQ.
I say Exterminatus. It's the only way to be sure.
gallery_65696_7693_3213.gif
gallery_65696_7693_19339.jpggallery_29004_6198_9307.pnggallery_30308_9518_3307.png

Schlitzaf

Schlitzaf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,261 posts
I mean, I’d use them over scouts that do effectively nothing.
Wish List:

arigatous

arigatous

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 104 posts

I mean, I’d use them over scouts that do effectively nothing.

Why I look into scouts instead of conventional marines is because I want to have a chance to control whatever important points for troops from the start. I fully understand that I will lose that control in a couple of turns because all of them will be 100% dead. But for that couple of turns I want to be able to score location-based VP.

arigatous

arigatous

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 104 posts

As for the Abhor the witch being better that raven guard tactics. No way. Raven Guard tactics work the whole game and doesn't cost CP. Abhor the witch isn't that good. It's a CP for 1x 50% chance to deny no more than 1 psychic power a turn. If it was an entire psychic phase then it would be good but no. If you really want psychic protection take a vanguard detachment of 1 celexus assassin. Which you can do now with the new FAQ.

What RG tactics will do for this particular army is that the enemy will need a bit more of small arms shooting to get rid of 3 small units of troops, totalling 15. He'll do it anyway, with -1 or without -1 if he wants to. Abnor the Witch in turn could deny a really important spell e.g. Null Zone, Warptime, etc.

Schlitzaf

Schlitzaf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,261 posts
I mean that is why I’d said I’d do two 5 Scout Squads And 2 MSU Crusader (HvyBolter/Plas/CombiPlas). And Marshall w/Helm&StormBolter. Might even make Liut w/Teeth into Primaris Liu use remaining 4 Points to give Marshall Power Sword

Edited by Schlitzaf, 18 May 2018 - 06:19 PM.

Wish List:

arigatous

arigatous

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 104 posts

I mean that is why I’d said I’d do two 5 Scout Squads And 2 MSU Crusader (HvyBolter/Plas/CombiPlas). And Marshall w/Helm&StormBolter. Might even make Liut w/Teeth into Primaris Liu use remaining 4 Points to give Marshall Power Sword

The problem is all that units will die very quickly because that's 22 infantry models after all. And that in turn means that I will inevitably lose all that points, including warlord, etc. And that is what I don't want to happen. I'm ready to loose 3 units of scouts, Lieutenant and one Knight totaling around 800 point and win a game. If I will lose all you suggest + one Knight, that's 1000+ points and a Warlord and I'll lose a game. And there is no way for me to prevent that losses because I don't control the board due to low number of units.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users