On the train to the London GT

Love it! Good write up and glad you had fun. Re the cabinet that’s ace. Are such things usually quite expensive and where would be a good place to look?

I’m just keeping my models in a case at the moment but I like the idea of them being on show.

Get some rest and may the machine god watch over your cogitations

Just to jump in, but the low cost cabinets I and a lot of other folks have is the Detolf one from Ikea, for 40 quid.

I'm not sure on the brand/price shown in the pics here though.

Back on topic, great reports. Well done!

Cheers mate I’ve bookmarked that. It’s perfect

The one shown in the picture is a £50 Ikea cabinet its called a Brimnes I bought some cheap self-adhesive 1.99 Ikea led lights for it (battery ones ) one for me and one for my other half but she has only finished 10 sisters models so far due to final year and dissertation commitments.  Which we forgive her for, plus I’d have to assemble the damn thing, sadly it’s not heavy enough freestanding so you do have to attach it to the wall or when you open the door it falls over, or perhaps put some massive weights in the thing.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/storage-furniture/cabinets-sideboards/brimnes-glass-door-cabinet-black-art-20300658/

Listwise I knew I wanted to run a full brigade and with that many command points on offer since the beta rules changes I could go wild spending them and thus wanted a cheap way to get there I knew objectives were going to matter and I knew board presence was the key to getting the job done  , I’ve seen a few Spammy demon lists  which take up half the board just win by crowding out the entire board .  So the choice was either a datasmith for my final elite slot, which seemed pretty meh,  I don’t really change protocols with the stratagem much  as I really like the whole “ please feel free to shoot at me I have a 1 up save mode” and he’s is pretty underwhelming as an elite.   If I owned them I’d probably take fulgurites or another 5 Corpiscari which performed fantastically as being Metallica I can advance and actually get 6’s to hit to explode.  My Rustalkers easily over performed their 100 points, either as a bullet sponge or a counter change unit , anything with an invuln hates them , use those re-rolls on the Chordclaws, you can either get lucky and murderise huge walls of elite units  but I  would march them up the field with my main blob along with greyfax  as a sort of counter charge unit …  People are drawn to shoot them because they look scary , which is nice because its actually the plasma vanguards they should be worrying about picking off.   In combat, I will pay the CP to instantly change Canticle to a combat oriented one either for re-rolls of 1’s or +1 strength when my guys get in combat.  ( if you think about it  I often expect to be going first so I’ve already had the benefit of cover when they shoot at me  I don’t need cover in the fight phase and I’m going to roll a new canticle next battle round.  

I considered taking cheaper autocannons on the chickens but In the end i was glad I didn’t , since we have been limited to rule of 3 and our only anti-air and anti-tank share a chasis so not being able to take 2 neutron lasters and  2 Icarus is verpainful.  So the chickens  popped in to boost my anti-tank and against the Ig it paid off, one of them 1 shot a Russ, they also work really well as side screens,  because they are long range enough to be an impact  small  enough stature wise to be completely out of line of sight, usually i try to get them  within about 13-14 inches from an objective which If drawn I might need to run and grab , Knowing I can dune striderstratagem a chicken to the target and still hit on 5’s 3’s unless I’m +2 to hitting my Icarus to hit ground stuff .  10 + 2d6  ....  is a long long move.

I learnt the hard way that I need to be able to kill one of the kill shot predator’s in a turn  , and breachers/ destroyers  don’t hit enough to do the job.

I was also at that event and got my only win against one of the other admech armies (a green one that played for chaos to make the numbers even, there was a lot of green), but sadly didn't get any pics or fight any of the same armies.

@closet Skeleton   were you were the black templars player with the flier ?

No, I fought him though.

I was the Valhallans player with Cypher.

I'm too embarrassed by my Black Templar's paint job to take them to an event.

Archived