[shops] Help with Wayland Games' customer service, please?

Kastor Krieg

Hey guys, looking for feedback on dealing with Wayland Games and if you had similar issues with them before. I have ordered a batch of minis for our studio, via eBay, some of them were recently retired sculpts.

One of the models arrived badly miscast, with a 1mm mold shift across two of the three sprues, distorting detail and shape. I can work on the shoulder pads but can't do anything about a ridge running straight across the tops of both feet or across the face.

I've asked for a replacement / refund and Wayland replied rather dryly that they can't replace the item and if I want a refund, it can either be an unspecified partial amount or a full refund as long as a I send the model back (presumably, so that they can pawn it off onto some other hobbyist).

I've purchased via eBay, so I guess I have some leverage over them, but I'd rather do this amicably.

Any tips on how to handle this?

are these some Wayland Games specific cast that I've not seen?

they're the middle man, just an online FLGS, they're good in that role, but they don't make the GW/FW models, any issue is with the producer, in general a retailer isn't responsible for quality, better taking up the issue with the original company, or invest in greenstuff!

are these some Wayland Games specific cast that I've not seen?

they're the middle man, just an online FLGS, they're good in that role, but they don't make the GW/FW models, any issue is with the producer, in general a retailer isn't responsible for quality, better taking up the issue with the original company, or invest in greenstuff!

Yeah, no. The seller is 100% responsible for the quality of the product, by EU law.

Also, Wayland owns the specific mini production company (Warcradle, those are Wild West Exodus minis). I'm not here to talk WWX and don't want the thread to get closed because of "non 40k related", please. It's about the customer service of one of the largest online hobby stores.

Yeah, no. The seller is 100% responsible for the quality of the product, by EU law.

Also, Wayland owns the specific mini production company (Warcradle, those are Wild West Exodus minis). I'm not here to talk WWX and don't want the thread to get closed because of "non 40k related", please. It's about the customer service of one of the largest online hobby stores.

first point, welcome to the distinction between the UK and the EU

second point, fair play! never tried WWX

Eh, forgot about Brexit though I thought some trade laws had some time left to lapse / be supplanted?

Turns out that the same person replied to my ticket at Warcradle, as the ticket on eBay and previously on Facebook, so no hope on the actual producer changing the outcome. It's also yet another time she asks me "is this related to an eBay order?", despite my saying so in the FB message and in the Warcradle ticket. 

Ugh, I hate poor customer service.

You bought these through ebay you say? Simple, raise a formal complaint, and send them some photos of the issue. Ask for a replacement and a shipping refund in exchange for sending them back the faulty model.

If they don't cooperate, then you will get a full refund and have some poor models. If they do cooperate you get them models you should have had all along and you're not out of pocket (just takes up your time).

Failing that, you might try ringing them first and explaining the situation. I've always been treated well by them over the phone and it usually gets things resolved.

Hopefully you get a proper resolution and it all works out well for you :). However, as this thread isn't really 40k-specific, and nor are the models you bought, I'm going to go ahead and close the thread.

gallery_26_548_17394.gif

Archived