Blackshields 2000 pts

Sol_Invictus

Hey guys, here's a 2000 pts Blackshield list I'm thinking about building.

Wrought by War - Outlanders

HQ

Nemean Reaver [180]

Chaplain [135] - Artificer Armor, Refractor Field, Plasma Pistol, Melta bombs, Rad Grenades

Elites

Terminators [226] -5x terminators, 2x Xenos Deathlock, 3x Power Fists, 2x Chainfists, Rad Grenades (Sgt.)

Veterans [247] - 6x vets, Machine Killers, 5x Combi-meltas, 1x meltagun, nuncio vox, Melta Bombs, Artificer Armor(Sgt.), Powerfist(Sgt.), Rad Grenades(Sgt.)

Troops

Assault Squad [245] - 10 x marines, Melta Bombs, Powerfist(Sgt.), Rad Grendades(Sgt.)

Marauder Squad [352] - 17 x marauders, Chainaxes, 14x shotguns, 3x Plasma Guns, Powerfist(Chief), Rad Grenades(Chief)

Marauder Squad [248] - 10 x marauders, Chainaxes, 8x shotguns, 2x Heavy Flamer, Powerfist(Chief), Rad Grenades(Chief) 

Fast Attack

Dreadclaw drop pod [115] 

Storm Eagle [245] TL Multimelta, 4x Hellstrike missle

Total 1994

The Nemean and the Chaplain would run with the large squad of Marauders in the Storm Eagle. The vets would be in the Dreadclaw for some backfield anti-armor shenanigans. The terminators and the small squad of Marauders will both have deepstrike from the Outlanders rule so they can DS where needed.

I haven't played a marine army yet in 30k so your thoughts and comments are appreciated. 

I recommend getting rid of the Assault Squad, they're very unnecessary for BS. Marauders do the job better with chainaxes. 

I suggest replacing it with maybe a contemptor (any will do tbh) or a heavy support squad. I'd recommend a Contemptor because they're amazing, so bloody versatile. However you could do with a unit that lays down fire from the black lines - maybe do both and get a Contemptor Mortis :biggrin.:

I recommend getting rid of the Assault Squad, they're very unnecessary for BS. Marauders do the job better with chainaxes. 

I suggest replacing it with maybe a contemptor (any will do tbh) or a heavy support squad. I'd recommend a Contemptor because they're amazing, so bloody versatile. However you could do with a unit that lays down fire from the black lines - maybe do both and get a Contemptor Mortis :biggrin.:

Thanks for the reply! 

While I agree that marauders are better for actual assault, I was thinking of taking the assault squad for the added mobility. Grabbing objectives or harassing vehicle squadrons, that sort of thing. 

I do take your point about fire support from the back lines. Do you have a favorite configuration for a contemptor mortis? What do you think about a deredeo?

Archived