Anticipation For Rules: Index Talons Of The Emperor

Yeah, sorry I wasn't clear my man! Thought that when I hit post.

New data sheets based on models totally possible. The exemplar is a nice version of this.

Super excited for Sisters bikes :D

Look.

Hear me out.

Sisters of Speed.

I need it

The knight idea was inspired by this artwork fan made: https://battlebunnies.blogspot.jp/2017/08/regal-imperial-knight-artwork.html

Other possible custodes units:

Heavy support gun squad carrying a hand held las storm/iliastus/plasma flamer guns.

Rules for Valdor or Ixion Hale?

Yet another contemptor varient? 4 Seems...reasonable? lol

Actual upgrades for Hetareon? This could be upgrades for the warden kits. (Oh man power/paragon sword warden kits that aren't the ludicrous sentinel blades would be amazing, something with more finesse). 

Oh banner man on a bike variant?? Would be mega useful for the teleport to banner strat. 

Yeah, lorewise, the Talons had no bonded Knights. They just co-opted a house if they needed the support. Such is killjoy life :/

My pet dream for a new contemptor is a scaled up Sagittarum. We have a contemptor counterpart to both Custodian and Sentinel Guard, so the idea of a Custodes Contemptor carrying a scaled up assault rifle in its hands appeals to me on a primal level hahaha

Ixion Hale would be long dead/retired. Valdor is a slight possibility. But his returning would require a huge lore reshuffle since Trajann is the current Captain-General, and Valdor returning would unironically turn the Imperium upside down at the higher levels. Guilliman would have a friend from the Heresy and Scouring to talk to!

Doubt they'd go for heavy support squads, since it doesn't fit the flexibility of the Custodes.

Bannerboy on bike would be very effective, but would encourage even more bike spam, which bores me to tears :'(

Wouldn't surprise me if Wardens get access to relic blades (paragon blades), gauntlets, talons and shields to an extent. Beyond that it's mostly resting on FW just making models for the paragon blades etc, since it's easy to make your own (I use the fancy Sanguinary Guard swords and marine relic blades)

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to know what adrathic weaponry will do and whether or not Pallas Grav Attacks will be worth taking!

Does the available pallas have the same gun as what the telemon has? It just has a pair of singles instead of the double, probably same profile right? That would be amazing.

In Heresy, the Pallas has a weaker version of the telemon gun. They both have two profiles, concentrated and burst, but the Pallas one has less strength, less AP and less shots.

Don't the Pallas have the exact some gun that's on the Coronus? That'll give it either 2 36" lascannon shots or (hopefully) 2d6 S5 AP-1 Dd3 shots a piece. If priced correctly, I think making a little firebase out of these guys and one of the gunboats could be pretty solid.

Don't the Pallas have the exact some gun that's on the Coronus? That'll give it either 2 36" lascannon shots or (hopefully) 2d6 S5 AP-1 Dd3 shots a piece. If priced correctly, I think making a little firebase out of these guys and one of the gunboats could be pretty solid.

Yep, they have the same gun as the Coronus. They can, however, swap that out for a twin-linked adrathic destructor which we have yet to see in 40k. 

I just hope they don't increase the telemon's cost, the grav tanks could do with a 50pts reduction too

when is it due to come out?

I just hope they don't increase the telemon's cost, the grav tanks could do with a 50pts reduction too

The guy writing it said he hoped to be finished around August time. It will then have to have the print layout done and then printed/bound etc. They said we should have it before the end of the year though so my guess would be around November.

I could be wrong and he may finish much quicker or the print layout might be really easy and quick but it is Forgeworld and they’re not renowned for moving quickly :)

The guy writing it said he hoped to be finished around August time. It will then have to have the print layout done and then printed/bound etc. They said we should have it before the end of the year though so my guess would be around November.

I could be wrong and he may finish much quicker or the print layout might be really easy and quick but it is Forgeworld and they’re not renowned for moving quickly :)

Could have sworn they just said: summer. So August isn't a bad guess.

Could have sworn they just said: summer. So August isn't a bad guess.

Maybe I’m mixing t with one of the other dates they gave but I was pretty sure he said August, I remember trying to calculate whether they’d have time to process he feedback from the telemon. I could be wrong though, either way it doesn’t make much difference :)

I doubt they’ll release the bikes due to redundancy.

They’ll make the bikes different somehow. I agree, at the moment they would be redundant, but they were quite clear when they said every model would get rules.

It’s in their interest to include the bikes to try and sell more of them. I have quite a large Custodes Heresy army but I’ve never bought the bikes, simply because of how expensive they are, even by FWs standards. This would probably push me to get some :)

While I would LOVE to get new 40K rules for my Galatus Contemptor and Aquilon Termies, I am most looking forward to SoS.  New rules, new models/units, stand alone army rules for 40K?   Sign me up.  If FW can truly give them some options, flesh out a complete 40K army list that stands alone (and synergizes with Custodes), give them new models and great rules that make them distinct and separate from SoB, I think they'll hit a home run. 

I most want some characters/HQs, Jenetia Krole in particular, with new models and rules for jetbike Sisters and Krole's Oblivion Knights.  An elite Oblivion Knight unit would be my top dream, only slightly behind Jenetia Krole model and jetbike SoS.  I'd love it if the Custodes FNP 6+ against psychic smites increased to 5+ when within 6" of a Sisters unit or some similar mechanic that reflected the background of them complementing and enhancing each other's martial prowess when in close proximity in combat.  I hope it's August for a release date and not as late as Nov or Dec.

I doubt they would sell well in 40k the plastic kit is far superior.

I actually adore the gyrfalcon jetbikes from FW and think they’re much nicer models than the GW range. They’re way more in portion and a simple arm swap fixes the static weapon arm issue.

The weapons are also easy to magnetise and can be swapped out, and the hull is sooo sleek and beautiful.

It’ll be really cool just to have the option to run both, I think. Perhaps a higher str lance that doesn’t provide rerolls and does a flat amount of damage to balance out. The weapon mounts actually might provide a nice bit of variation as well!

Yeah if fw could go ahead and make alternate weapon options (for the custodes' hands for both bike types) that'd be great. I detest the rules for the lance. The fact that it doesn't have a 2x strength on charge or something is outrageous.

Imagine that JetBike cruising past you at 200km/hr and a 1 ton man wielding a probably 300lb spear smashing it as hard as he could into something.

Yeah that should hit way way harder than a power fist. So much more mass at such a smaller surface area and moving way faster.

2xS... they are already hated enough.

Would be fine with reduction in shooting for a real 'assault' cc unit. Our the footsloggers we have really any more terrifying than say a max squad of wolfen with storm shields thrown in? 

I honestly don't see pure custodes armies (not made of pure bikes) really doing much locally. Rather sad.

Being said our options are about to literally more than double with the FW options. Thank goodness.

Personally really like the Gyrfalcons. A lot more sleek than the 40k ones.

They will also serve a great role of fast AT firepower with Las-Pulsars. With the rules we currently know I can't see the Lastrum HB being worth it on them, just being 3 shots of S6 -2AP. We don't have an Adrathic equivalent outside of the Imperial Space Marine to go off (S5 AP-3 D6 damage) but that S5 makes the D6 somewhat redundant unless you catch a character unawares, wounding tougher stuff on a 5+.

I've not built mine with the power lances but they'll probably have the option and may well use the same stats as the 40k counterpart?

Archived