Anticipation For Rules: Index Talons Of The Emperor

Its not 2018. If we are lucky it will be 2019, but we may be talking 2020. Its forgeworld remember. They dont do things quickly.

It is a shame that it's such a small group. My fingers are still crossed for it coming soon. But not really seeing any progress on it as of late from the past few events makes me weary about things to come.

I’m still optimistic we will get it in 2019. It’s got to be pretty far along already given the fairly limited range of units and the amount they’ve released the beta rules for.

If they get the next Heresy book out for the weekender in the first quarter then even Forgeworld should be able to get the book out in the next 9 months.

• 2 weeks later...

A good work should consider the changes that GK and SM army will have in the next CA. According to this, the index should be released after CA, maybe in 2019 first quarter.

Or in the future GW will release Agent of imperium with inquisition, RT and SoS and the Index will follow this codex.

• 4 weeks later...

I think my biggest annoyance is unless they randomly decide to release some official Solarite Gauntlets we won't see them in the book (outside of the Terminators of course) - rendering a few of my 30k models obsolete!

It’s bound to happen though, I’m in the same boat, unless they fully port over the rules for Haeteron Guard my guys armed with spears and shields will be confined to 30k too.

It's pretty impossible to believe that this is actually delayed.

Fires of Cyraxus was delayed to work on this book, they said earlier this year.

It was presented with full overview of contents and said to be out before Malevolence.

They said this absolutely had to be done because there was so much interest in 40k rules for Custodes, so they initiated this project.

Hard to believe it would now be delayed. Malevolence was finished some time ago, I heard from Andy Hoare.

However on the other end of the scale, there is no evidence of Talons, nor anything being announced, which is odd.

It's pretty impossible to believe that this is actually delayed.

Fires of Cyraxus was delayed to work on this book, they said earlier this year.

It was presented with full overview of contents and said to be out before Malevolence.

They said this absolutely had to be done because there was so much interest in 40k rules for Custodes, so they initiated this project.

Hard to believe it would now be delayed. Malevolence was finished some time ago, I heard from Andy Hoare.

However on the other end of the scale, there is no evidence of Talons, nor anything being announced, which is odd.

They never really give much notice before something is launched though, they don’t like tying themselves to a date other than in the vaguest terms like sometime before the literal 41st Millennium :)

The other thing to remember is that the talons book is supposed to share the new models that are in the malevolence book like the sisters on bikes. It could be that they want to give malevolence the glory of revealing those new units and for that to happen they may be waiting for the models to be finished or even malevolence to be finished if it isn’t fully completed. They don’t want Talons to spoil the release of any cool new models we haven’t seen.

All just guesswork of course but it could be the reasons we have had delays and no new information. If I were an optimist I would say they’ll have Malevolence as the big launch for the Horus Heresy weekender at the start of next year and Talons will follow shortly after that. Sadly I’m not much of an optimist when it comes to Forgeworld :(

They already put out a beta dex for units that’ll be ported over to 40k... for example no Hatearon Guard.

They haven’t put out all the units though. They specifically said every unit that exists will be ported over. They’ve only released a few as testers so far, the rest will come in the book. They also couldn’t port over new models if they were still having their rules finalised for Heresy.

They never said they would port over every unit and Horus Heresy has nothing to do with it.

I was literally in the room with them when they said at Warhammer fest that they were porting over every unit. They talked about the sisters models and how this would make them a more fully playable force. We haven’t seen any rules for sisters of silence stuff yet so we haven’t seen all the rules they’re going to include by any stretch.

A friend of mine was there and didn’t hear them say that.

They did, maybe your friend missed it or it wasn’t specifically asked in his seminar (they ran two) but they did say it because we all started talking about that sisters vehicle coming over, how they’re going to make the jetbikes different and how the Terminators will be different.

Obviously they’re not bringing over characters like Jenetia or Valdor but everything else is coming over. Personally I’m keen to see how the feedback on their beta releases has affected their rules, hopefully they’ve been improved.

Sorry but my friend is quite honest and look at Forgeworld’s horrific track record for this edition.

Don’t misunderstand me, I’d hate for you to think I’m calling your friend a liar or saying he’s being dishonest in any way, that is not my intent.

One thing we can agree on though is Forgeworlds horrendous track record for this edition. Poor rules, long delays, ridiculous points costs to name a few. I guess we will just have to wait and see what’s in the book when it comes out. I guess look at it this way, if I’m wrong then I get to eat humble pie and some of my beloved 30k models won’t see the table, if you’re wrong then you just get extra bonus rules that you weren’t expecting :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived