White Consuls: Reboot 2 Electric Boogaloo

Axineton

Really great to see you painting again, that Lieutenant is coming along beautifully.

Thanks mate! I’ve not managed to get anything done today but I’ll continue with him tomorrow. I’m also thinking about giving the consuls a stripping and reapplying the basecoat with an airbrush as I think airbrushed basecoats look fantastic. But that is a fair way off yet if I do.

Not done much this week as I've had an abcess in my mouth and it's caused me no end of pain but I've had that sorted now. Anyway here's where I am right now with the Lt:

ofrbaJOl.jpg

owv0O5ul.jpg

Gonna try and get him finished on Saturday and then move onto the next thing in my neverending part painted cue. 

So I stripped this Rhino this morning with biostrip 20. It was originally primed white with corax white and it's been on my shelf for months and was going to be for my White Consuls project but I've decided to do it in Ultramarines colours. So I've primed it with Vallejo black and will need to let it dry and cure for 24hrs.

H4LykYIl.jpg

ujzo9Lrl.jpg

4ci0lFMl.jpg

I'll get the Ultramarine game air paint on it tomorrow night.

Just checked out that website, what's the shipping like to the UK? Can you update with quality when you get them?

Shipping was $13 but altogether I paid £20 for decals and shipping mate.

And yep I’ll update with the quality once I’ve tried them out.

Got another 3 of the space marine heroes. I've assembled 2 of them tonight but not glued them yet. I've added mk6 helmets to these 2 because I really love mk6 beakies!! Anyway these are gonna be going into a tac squad of White Consuls after christmas when I make a start on them.

pyXksHJl.jpg

SzKNOTAl.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Done a test shoulder pad today and think it don't look to bad.

k05rETtl.jpg

fj09crel.jpg

Can anyone give me any hints on how to do battle damage on white armour? What paints or colours to use?

As long as your armour isnt pure white it's easy enough.

Best results are doing say Ulthuan Grey as your main colour and then adding scratch lines with White Scar & Maybe something like Vallejo Armour Brown (Airbrush version).

Ulthuan grey is the colour of my armour though so it wouldn’t show up would it?

If your armour is Ulthuan grey then do the scratches with white Scar, alongside a dark brown.

So if you put them side by side it looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/ctipFaQ.jpg

That's on ushabti bone but the effect is more subtle on Ulthuan grey

Not had any time for hobbying on the building an dpainting side this week apart from this shoulder pad I've been working on. Small and not much to report, but I did paint the 3rd company colours in wazdakka red the a thin edge highlight of squig orange that is hardly noticeable. For the recess shade I used a micron 0005 pen just to see what it'd look like and it's not bad. Not sure if I'll use the pen or use nuln oil for the recesses. I'm pretty rubbish on shoulder pads for the recesses but on the rest of the minis I'm not bad. Not a clue why that is.

Av8611Fl.jpg

x9X3L7Kl.jpg

Pqk8JmKl.jpg

YgjcPsel.jpg

IMxl7L7l.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Started on Grotsmashas year of hobby challenge this morning with these little beauties but messed up the marine on the far left of the picture. I put the wrong chest armour on him! He should have straps on the front like the rest. Not sure if I should attempt to greenstuff it or just leave it. I've never used greenstuff before either.

Waiting on some stylnyrez primer to arrive as well. Fed up with the 24hr drying time of vallejo primer.

ZGjUkfLl.jpg

Looking a bit rough round the edges but a bit of progress. Primed them yesterday with stynylrez primer that only takes about 10 mins from airbrush to miniature to dry and then went with two basecoats of Ulthuan grey. And the shoulder pads and Sergeants helmet are Wazzdakka red. I'll do a bit more later if I get time.

V37foSol.jpg

For recesses shall I use nuln oil, Agrax earthshade or a micron pen???

Edited by Fr33Dom