White Consuls: Reboot 2 Electric Boogaloo

Axineton

So I've decided to paint some White Consuls as thats what I was thinking when I got back into the hobby back in January. I was doing Dark Angels but I'm really not feeling them at all (I even vowed to do a Deathwing squad in the Dark Angels subforum but I honestly can't be bothered with the DA so I'm gonna be an oathbreaker it seems! :whistling: ) and I've always loved the Ultramarines and their successors and always find myself drawn back to them.

Started with the Corax white Spray Primer and then I've used Ulthaun Grey as a basecoat and this is as far as I've got so far until I know what colour helmet a Consuls hat is. I'm thinking Blue as they seem by their fluff to go inverse of the Ultras.

6sunIbS.jpg
iEiRV8T.jpg
qbFNcbj.jpg?1

Also brought some Easy to build Intercessors as they're cheap and easy to spray up etc and I'm thinking of using this one without the vox or sensor or whatever he holds usually.

739Fdcw.jpg

And finally for now I also brought a easy to build Dreadnought that was already built and sprayed in Caliban green. I've used Biostrip 20 to get the undercoat off and I've just sprayed it with Corax white so I'll add the Ulthaun grey next over the next few days

0UmXrvv.jpg

Edited by Axineton
Tags edited

Did a bit more yesterday after posting this thread. Not done anything today as I have the hangover from hell but thought I'd share a couple of more pics. Not much going but I'll be back on it tomorrow.

Got the chest done in retributor gold and the helmet has one coat of Macragge blue. Got to do another coat of the blue I think.

xrnwZfz.jpg

And the dread assembled but not glued. I think I have enough primer on that right arm.

rZlfOcw.jpg

Only a little update today. Just tried doing the recesses with nuln oil. I'm not that great at doing the recesses as my hands shake when I get close to the model but I've tried and its not amazing but I'm happy with it. I may go back over the recesses tomorrow with more nuln oil but I'm undecided yet.

3y7NLl7.jpg

egGx2kg.jpg

So done a bit more on my Sarge and now only need to finish the head and I'm not very good at heads yet :huh.:  well I'm not very good full stop! Also got the base to do and finish the gold bits with an edge highlight but I need liberator gold so gonna pop into my local WH store tomorrow and pick some up. anyway here's my updated progress. C&c more than welcomed :yes:

LaOLXZj.jpg

BN3TGpr.jpg

nrA4Rmu.jpg

ClqwwS5.jpg

Oh and I need to shell out for some White Consul decals too.

I think you're pretty darn good, don't put yourself down! I'm liking the colour scheme, and that blue helmet is beautiful.

Cheers mate much appreciated. I just need to speed up my painting as I take an age to paint

Looking good I like the blue!

Thank you Black Orange.

Now here he is complete with googly eyes. Eyes seriously are hard as nails to do!! I even tried to do them the way a bloke on youtube called gorilla with a brush said but still can't get them right :facepalm:

OdbjJXg.jpg

I would recommend doing a gloss varnish once all base colors are on, then doing a pen wash in all the cracks and crevices. The gloss will greatly aid the black wash in going just where you want it to. And using a bit heavier/darker wash would give more contrast.

I would recommend doing a gloss varnish once all base colors are on, then doing a pen wash in all the cracks and crevices. The gloss will greatly aid the black wash in going just where you want it to. And using a bit heavier/darker wash would give more contrast.

Cheers mate I’ll give it a go once I got some varnish

• 2 weeks later...

Not been upto much lately as I had some alcohol fuelled weekends due to birthdays etc but I've started on the easy to build redemptor Dreanought (pics to follow) and the Terminator captain from the start collecting box.

Also been tidying up and downsizing my GW stuff. I think I went a bit plastic crack crazy in buying so much that it put me off assembling and painting but now I've downsized somewhat I feel better and can get on with what I need to get on with. Anyway enough waffling heres some pics of where I am so far with the terminator:

WjfbOAF.jpg

HWVjzT0.jpg

YxXV63i.jpg

SWgu1mA.jpg

Still got some way to go with this dude. One of the bits above his head fell off. They look like lights or something? gonna have that as suit damage I reckon. Oh and I swapped the bald head out for a terminator helmet as I hate painting eyes!!

Edited by Fr33Dom

• 1 month later...

Small upadate.. Been a while since I've actually put a brush in my hand but finally did today! Been so busy over the last 6 weeks what with the world cup and birthday parties and this amazing heatwave in the UK.

So anyway I'm dead excited for Kill Team and I really want to play as Deathwatch as my main KT but I thought I'd paint up some Ultras as I've not done them since 1994 and this is what I have so far. I've only basecoated so far but the one with the white helmet was part of a job lot I brought on eBay that was already primed and edge highlighted. I added the white helmet but as far as fluff goes I can't remember what the white hat signifies. Ill google it later. Also basecoated two more White Consuls as well, only one coat so far. I'll put another basecoat down tomorow if I get time.

I still plan on Finishing the Terminator Captain  but I'm stuck on what colour to paint his scabbard and the hilt of his sword!! If anyone has some tips please give me them!!

Bh6Va2j.jpg

rXBg1LK.jpg

GhW8l9Q.jpg

Like I said not much going on here but I'm hoping Kill Team will give me a kick up the bum and get me moving!

So done a bit more on 5 of the 7 Consuls I'm painting at the mo. Done both basecoats and done some parchments upto agrax earthshade. Still got some pallid wych flesh and a white scar edge highlight on them to do. Also need to do a white scar edge highlight on the white of the power armour. Put the first coat of gold down tonight as well. Going with second company here as I think gold and white looks great. My sergeants are going to have blue helmets and my veterans I'm thinking of giving black helmets. Still loads more to do here but I'm getting there.

G5MimPT.jpg

• 2 months later...

So been a while since I did anything regarding the Consuls or the Ultramarines. I've still not got round to finishing anything in any of the previous pics in this thread because I start something then move on to something else before I finish!! Well I'm going to try and change that over the next few weeks and months.

I brought the 500th store celebration lieutenant and decided I'd have a go at him in the glorious 13th colour scheme. I started him last saturday with Vallejo black primer but had to wait till today till my order of Vallejo Ultramarine game air paint turned up today. I basecoated him with my airbrush and WOW is all I can say so far!! Not attached his arms yet but I'll get there hopefully tomorrow.

Just a note here: I decided I didn't want him holding half his hat so I got rid of that arm and have given him a power sword and a full helmet. Yes I know he'll look like every other Lt out there but I don't care, I hate painting faces as you can tell with old sargeant googly eyes a few posts back up! Anyway here's where I am at tonight with my new Lt so far.

IdNmtq5l.jpg

j0qNFEkl.jpg

I'm gonna try and get more done on him tomorrow. C&c more than welcome :biggrin.:

Edited by Fr33Dom