501st Arterian armored...ETL

SO ive been immersed in my FoW armies for months now and am at a stage where I'd like to work on something a lil different.

Along came the announcement for the ETL and I knew it was time to come on back home:)

The 501st has had a varied history across several iterations- as a heavy armored division in 5th/6th where they took part in cleansing the scourge of Waaagh Leef de Teef's reign of terror in the Emeri system. The remains of the 501st were broken into smaller companies and were relegated to pdf duty on the Forgeworld of Arco'josa. Their vehicular and manpower strengths are nearing the point where they may be once again called upon to serve the Emperor.

The 501st favors a Keil formation and their breakthrough tanks are being readied currently. PLease inspect the preperations.

gallery_32985_14149_2004336.jpeg

Here we have an pict rendering of several smaller chassis AFV's of the 501st.

A recon track for elements of the SAR teams, the Trojan of Boltan of Arteeri-techpriest from the homeworld- laboring intensively to bring the machine spirits online of many AFV's, and 2 Griffon mortar carriers of the 501st mobile artillery

gallery_32985_14149_525088.jpeg

Yeh sometimes copying the txt can be wired?

I find if I've already selected the BBCode link it wont copy but if I select the code below then long press the BBC link I can copy it? (On my andriod anyways).

Looking forward to seeing more! :D

What in game regiment rules do you plan to use?

Duz_

Thanks for heads up on the long hold... I’ll give that a shot.

Regiment wise I honestly have no clue. I’ve not played since 6th and am more into the painting side of the hobby so expect to see stuff that may not ‘go’ together game wise.

I’m a huge fan of FW stuff and have a plethora of goodies I’ve accumulated for last 5/6 years awaiting their turn on the painting table.

I’m armor heavy as I love my airbrush and have been investing a bunch of time with FoW and workin up armor companies there.

Expect to see multiple Alpha pattern russes, centaurs, gun team, elysians and true scale marines

aaaannnnndddd moar pics

gallery_32985_14149_800845.jpeg

gallery_32985_14149_66678.jpeg

gallery_32985_14149_144582.jpeg

had an hour this morn before work so I switched needles on the Paasche VL and went to town with the dunklegrau.

About to break the brush back out and do touch ups with the basecoat and get ready to start the modulation.

These all look awesome, but I can't seem to find your pledge in the ETL outpost thread...

ugh...my mobile update from work didnt go through on the vow page :/

ive rectified that and thanks Danny!!!

Heres an update on the interiors

gallery_32985_14149_45198.jpeg

gallery_32985_14149_161918.jpeg

gallery_32985_14149_224404.jpeg

]gallery_32985_14149_103569.jpeg

No problem man! It's a huge amount of stuff and it's be horrible to not have it count! One last thing though, you have to add a points total to your vow as well as the pictures and unit entries!

Thanks Danny- I downloaded BattleScribe last night- I’ll try to figure points up today:)

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [148 PL, 2466pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Regimental Doctrine: Tallarn

+ HQ +

Company Commander [2 PL, 30pts]: Chainsword, Laspistol

Primaris Psyker [2 PL, 46pts]: Force Stave

Tank Commander [12 PL, 212pts]: Heavy Bolter, Warlord

. Command Battle Tank: Battle Cannon, Dozer blade, Track guards

+ Troops +

Infantry Squad [3 PL, 44pts]: 9x Guardsman, Guardsman W/ Special Weapon

. Sergeant: Laspistol

Infantry Squad [3 PL, 45pts]: 9x Guardsman, Guardsman W/ Special Weapon

. Sergeant: Boltgun

+ Elites +

Tech-Priest Enginseer [2 PL, 42pts]: Servo-arm

+ Fast Attack +

Salamander Scout Tank [5 PL, 78pts]

. Salamander Scout Tank: Autocannon, Heavy bolter

Tauros Venator [4 PL, 92pts]

. Tauros: Hunter-killer missile, Twin lascannon

+ Heavy Support +

Cyclops Demolition Vehicle [3 PL, 60pts]: Cyclops

Griffon Mortar Carrier [6 PL, 78pts]

. Griffon Mortar Carrier: Heavy Bolter

Griffon Mortar Carrier [6 PL, 78pts]

. Griffon Mortar Carrier: Heavy Bolter

Hydras [7 PL, 118pts]

. Hydra: Augur array, Heavy Bolter

Leman Russ Battle Tanks [20 PL, 302pts]

. Leman Russ Battle Tank: Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolter

. Leman Russ Punisher: Heavy Bolter, Turret-mounted Punisher Gatling Cannon

Leman Russ Battle Tanks [20 PL, 318pts]

. Leman Russ Battle Tank: Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolter

. Leman Russ Punisher: Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolters, Turret-mounted Punisher Gatling Cannon

Leman Russ Battle Tanks [10 PL, 167pts]

. Leman Russ Battle Tank: Battle Cannon, Dozer blade, Heavy Bolter, Track guards

Malcador Heavy Tank [15 PL, 228pts]: 2 Heavy Stubbers, Battle cannon, Heavy bolter

Malcador Infernus [16 PL, 320pts]: 2 Heavy Stubbers, Flammable Fuel

++ Total: [148 PL, 2466pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

You haven't added the price of a special weapon into the battlescribe and your units are of 11. You need to remove a guardsmen and replace with special weapon guardsmen

You haven't added the price of a special weapon into the battlescribe and your units are of 11. You need to remove a guardsmen and replace with special weapon guardsmen

Ahhh, thanks for pointing that out.

What’s the new flavor for infantry squad special weapons these days? I used to run flamers and grenade launchers in regular infantry, plasma in CCS and PCS and meltavets.

I’ve got another guard player at my LGS that’s excited to get a game together so would appreciate some feedback- I will say I have a 3 squad of mortars and a few random characters for Psyker/master of fleet and ord, techpriest, and enough elysians to build the 4 infantry squads... seeing as how they are discontinued and I really don’t like to paint infantry that may be it on infantry squads;)

Most of my base infantry squads have grenade launchers with the occasional flamers

Most my BS3+ guys rock plasma though

Unfortunately melta doesnt really seem to have a place at its current price point and delivery systems

Eventually I might pick up the new ‘dex... although as often as a I get to play (once an edition it seems) it’s not been financially feasible to pick them up.

I’ve got feelers our for DKOK and Elysian flamers and plasma guns so will see about them.

Just noticed how much a chimera costs these days

Archived