Anyone hear from Black Library yet?

Ninjoe42

I think said it could be up to a hundred days before you ought to assume you've not got through? Given the volume of entries I could definitely see them getting very close to that for all responses.

From people who submitted early it does seem like quite a few of them received rejections (I've seen one guy on Reddit who claims to have gotten through to the next stage), however I've seen nobody who submitted very close to the closing date - which I assume is most people - talk about any sort of response yet.

I think for your own sanity the only approach for this is "fire and forget" then when you do hear and it is positive it will be an amazing surprise buy if you did not get through then you will have some distance and be more "oh well I tried".

I got my rejection a few weeks ago. I was momentarily excited when it appeared in my inbox.
Another 20 years of systems engineering for me it seems.

Edited to add that I did submit crazy early, on like day 2 of the open submission, as id had it ready since i missed the last one.

• 2 weeks later...

I turned in my short story on the deadline. If I do get a email back great, but even if I do get one, I don't expect it until august at the earliest.

would it be awesome to get through to the second round? heck ya.

Archived