Clunks Cabinet of Curiosities - ETL 1st Vow Update

Clunk

** Copy of my vow from the Necron forums **

I Clunk rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Xenos (Necrons) and vow to complete two units of 12 Necron Warriors totalling 288 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Vow 1 - Before Photo

gallery_108101_14593_50112.jpg

Update on my first ETL vow. All my warriors are now primed via airbrush, I also opted to glue the green rods in place before primer and paint them along with the rest of the miniature - rightly or wrongly I thought I'd use it as an opportunity to try OSL for the first time (that and the the bare rods look like junk!).

gallery_108101_14593_96316.jpg

And I realise I might be getting ahead of myself here but a sneak peak at what will be my second vow - should I make it that far...

gallery_108101_14593_27513.jpg

A little update on my vow... All 24 Warriors have been airbrushed two tones of silver, washed with Nuln Oil and highlighted with a silver dry brush.

gallery_108101_14593_41548.jpg

Impressive bunch of Warriors, good luck with painting them all! What kind of colour scheme do you have in mind?

Hi Chaplain Dosjetska - I'm not sure what dynasty/colour scheme I'm going for yet... I'm getting to the point now where my indecisiveness could hold up my hobby progress! I'm thinking possibly Mephrit or Sautekh but I'm not sure :rolleyes:

With Sautekh's classic silver and green you can't go far wrong, though I personally have a soft spot for the silver and orange of Mephrit. I don't remember seeing any Necron armies in the colour scheme.

A little update, part way through the OSL on my warriors now... This is the first time I've attempted OSL and my first time using P3 paints through my airbrush it was really tricky and quite frustrating at times - all those YouTubers make it look so easy. However, that said although it isn't perfect nor finished, they are quite contrasty and will definitely standout on the table which is quite nice. I haven't taken these photos very well either it was just to show progress.

gallery_108101_14593_160604.jpg

gallery_108101_14593_1116381.jpg

Archived