Malachi’s Gambit, Shadow War in Segmentum Pacificus

Finished painting another sergeant, this time with a power axe, He has what I would call Non-production MKV/MKIV hybrid armor, to represent jury rigged armor repair common in the Heresy era. For the power axe I used a Trolls under the bridge axe, cut off the shaft and pinned a 1/16 steel tube onto the head. The hand is from a Kromlech close combat arm kit. 

yRs7kit.jpg

Didn't like how the metallic highlights turned out so I stripped it and restarted. got here so far

From descriptions in the Heresy books I believe Mars Pattern Rhinos were held in less regards then the Demos Pattern ones, Thus in Dark angels service they would have been relegated to non-line service, such as deployments with rogue trader fleets. This one is supposed to represent an example that was field modified with a massive dozer blade and ablative armor on the doors, likely semi-improvised to deal with widespread use of disposable krak missile systems in the hands of Traitor imperial army units.

Anybody have ideas on how to create blast marks to represent repeated RPG hits? Particularly on black or metal colors?

wZIxQUu.jpg

Experimenting with Ideas for a Primus Medicae. Figured Fabius  was not the only one who had some sort of chirurgeon harness, the apothecary doing the mass legion gene-seed implantation in  Praetorian Of Dorn was described as wearing something similar.

tFW2NGQ.jpg

Progress continues, I went a different direction with the Delegatus/Praetor in charge of my force I wanted him to be distinctly non-Calibanite, So he wears no tabard or hood and instead is clad with a long cape.

JsGoP3q.jpg

Also Diligently working on Primus Medicae armed with a needle pistol and power axe... Backstory for the guy is he suffered serious Nerve damage to his hands courtesy of a Lacrymole who was previously thought to be dead, thus had a medicae harness built into his power armor to replace a standard issue narthecium.

whtz87o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finished some more stuff 

---

mSywPYC.jpg

Pic capture Redemptor Chaplain Leon Jacque, Boarding action of the Kalibrax  flagged macro-freighter Binomial 739008.M31

---

Other stuff I am finishing includes a Primus Medicae and a second Rhino 

K3NzslX.jpg

cNGJfz8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

update:  Mortis Contemptor  completed

rhWtr6g.jpg

Honored Meledin was an early induction Terran legionary of the first, who served with noted distinction in the first century of the great crusade, Ultimately brought low fighting the degenerate techno-enclaves of the Pendulum Nebulas his barely living body was interred in venerable iron-form where he continued to serve for the rest of the Great Crusade and into the Heresy.

Working on a Land raider, but thought the tracks were lame, so I got some aftermarket ones to try out

6EAZZF1.jpg

Based the pose on pictures of US combat air controllers and Nato equivalents in field operations abroad. They appear to spend significant amounts of time in kneeling position, I imagine in the far future the scale of the ordnance got bigger but the general principles remain the same... 

The Helmet and Legs are from Kromlech... The Helmet in particular was chosen because it fits the esthetic of the Legion Era dark angels well.. Fluff wise It could Perhaps be a modified  Calibanite helm scaled up for Astartes use, or some sort of legion specific sub pattern., 

WIP  MK "1.5" land raider designated Santa Muerte... 

kCgZ2vH.jpg

Aftermarket conversion tracks and sponsons are from Blood And Skulls Industries... The Kits not exactly cheap (45.00 USD for the tracks and 15.00 USD for the Sponsons).. But still somehow cheaper then a Land raider Proteus Stateside.. 

Still trying to convince the owner of the firm to create a land raider assault ramp delete kit, So we can be rid of badly cast Land raider Proteus's forever... 

• 2 weeks later...

5BeBOx5.jpg

The Land Raider designated  Santa Muerte is a rare and unusual “MK1.5” Mars-Zeta pattern land-raider, constructed on triplex phall in the closing decades of the great crusade. Unlike many Mars Zeta patterns, this particular example was purpose built rather than remanufactured from salvaged elements of Proteus and Mars pattern Land raiders. Its unusual name is derived from the deity worshipped by the peoples of the Zapotec confederacy, the Santa Murete, translated from the old Iberian tongue as “holy death”.

The Ultima ratio is the final argument… Weapons of War so infernal and proscribed they are fit only for the proverbial end of days…

--Lance-Delegatus Malachi- Eve of the Arachnis intervention

(Finally wrote some fluff for the Master of Signal.)

uBvCmuu.jpg

Master of Signal Vul Arias was a reliable and soft spoken Calibanite who had distinguished himself as masterful combat controller who specialized in calling in orbital support. He was one of a handful of officers in the 501st vigil privy to the darkest and most dreaded weapons of the fleets flagship the Locus Solus; Such weapons were referred to in surviving legion documentation as the “Ultima Ratio”.

Also Finished up five Seeker Squad members

UwpAR3F.jpg

Wish I could claim credit for the cloaks they are in fact products of Anvil industries (heralds of good customer service and reasonable non uk prices and shipping), Think they were referred to as "Regal cloaks" Took an airbrush and added a couple of layers of VMC ivory then went over it with thinned down Army painter strong tone, Looked good enough, Actually expanded the squad to seven total (pictures incoming)...

Archived