PBB's Thousand Sons, Daemons and Chaos // Nurgle Knight

This Thread Covers all of my Chaos projects but is primarally for my Thousand Sons and Daemons with a few other bits as well that dont fit into my other Threads.

Possessed Chaos Space Marines (Pages 1 - 4)

Warp Talons (pages 4 - 5incomplete)

Khornate Renegade Knight (pages 5 - 12)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Possessed Space Marines.

So... a bit of background information on the project.  I acquired a second hand unit of pre built, possessed chaos space marines for my Thousand Sons army.  I was pretty happy to get them as my army has no standard marines in it and I could do with some close combat units to compliment my Rubricae. This was a few editions ago and Possessed weren't even that good, being over priced for what they could do.  I don't really play competitively though and I like the idea of the concept of the units.  That being said... they stayed in a small box for a very long time, years possibly...

Recently I dug them back out while sorting my projects "to do" list and decided they needed attention.  Looking at them all though, I thought they looked weird.  Not in the good, "look how messed up these daemonic marines are" kind of way, but ... look how weirdly uniform these are.  From what I've read, I feel like the rolling maelstrom of the warp is a limitless plane that does not abide by the laws of physics and contains boundless, unreal realms that are inhabited by an infinite varieties of warp entities that include the daemons we know and love.  So why... do my possessed, not only have 2 arms, 2 legs, a head and body... but some have identical bladed weapons, heads, legs... and so on.  We know the answer is that its cheaper and easier to just design enough parts to spread among the models and give the illusion of variety and freedom to design your possessed.

This isn't good enough for me, at least not anymore.  I want MY possessed to look like any one of a billion weird things has wormed its way into the marines body... with unpredictable results.

My next idea was born of how I think my Thousand Sons would feel being possessed.  That is, not great.  I have read the Ahriman books though and in that daemons are summoned and imprisoned in the bodies... I think.  If i'm mistaken, then never mind... its a cool idea right.  My Thousand Sons fear the flesh change and those who actually have flesh to change are not keen on handing over a portion of their freedom to a warp entity.  They want knowledge, and power... and tools to that let them get it.  In order to imprison a daemon they need vessels, not necessarily willing ones...

My possessed will be painted in the colours of other chapters and legions and I want the possessons themselves to be more varied than the kits allow.

My first few picture are of complete models, before I even had intentions of having and account on Bolter, never mind posting my work in progress.  After these pictures the amount of WIP pics I can provide increases.   I hope you all enjoy them and I welcome any and all feedback, I'm trying to improve my painting, kit bashing and sculpting with these models. My efforts were a little more tentative at first and then get more adventurous as they progress...

mg_0107.jpg?w=368&h=425mg_0109.jpg?w=393&h=430

Here is the Imperial fist, I think this was the first model I modified.  Very basic, I think his wibbly left arm came from some spawn spares and I cut down his horns to make his head look different from similar ones on the other possessed (specifically his friend the Ravenguard).  I had started some of the conversions before deciding I would have marines from other legions and chapters.  When I did decide, this guy holding his left "fist" in the air looked like a fun mockery of the symbol so it seemed and appropriate fit.  His new name: "Spikey Fist"

mg_0115.jpg?w=491&h=404mg_0116.jpg?w=237&h=219

This is my 30k World Eater, I liked how this head from the spawn sprue looks kind of like a minotaur or something and with the charging pose of the body it seemed to fit nicely.  Combined with the winged backpack, I felt like I had no option but to give him a tail. "Mini Thirster"

mg_0127.jpg?w=700&h=

This find fellow is a Ravenguard, and while i haven't specifically been converting converting these models to pervert their original profiles... cutting up a Possessed claw and grafting it onto his face seemed like a fun way for a daemon to make fun of his body.  It was for a long time the only modification I made to the model... then i noticed he shared his right arm with another model.  So I took the Forgeworld Cockatrice tail I had left over from another project and fitted that instead.  Even though I doubt anyone else would notice, I like that this claw also has a bird-like connection. Say hello "Beaky".

mg_0124.jpg?w=700&h=mg_0120.jpg?w=700&h=

This fun guy is my 40k World Eater Berzerker.  Another early conversion, I used a Berzerker helmet and used the top of it to replace the top of a possessed head that had kind of Predator mandibles. I like the little connection there that they are both things that hunt for the sake of killing.  I gave him a chainsword I stole from a Black Templar that wont be needing it as much anymore, and since completing it Im told (by the owner of this colourscheme) that the Black Templars took the chained weapon idea FROM the World Eaters! so that came together nicely.  Oh, this is also the first example of a missing backpack.  The winged backpacks are obviously quite recognisable so I cut those off and was obviously down a few backpacks, come to think of it, more than losing those winged ones would suggest.  given the amount of organic looking bits of this model it was a happy coincidence that when I thought about trying a carnifex thresher tail... it was almost the exact dementions of a space marine backpack.  Rise sir... "Predzerker".

mg_0139.jpg?w=700&h=

This handsome chap is an Ultra Marine... all I really did here was cut out a quarter of his head and replace it with the eye and head tendrils of a pink horror head.  The stance and sword make him look like a bit of a fencer... which reminds me of some of the stories i've heard about the emperors children.  So I picked a daemonic colour i associated with daemonettes and their Slaaneshi connection.  Thats all there really is to this guy, I guess the daemon was also making fun of the blandness of Ultramarines. I think I shall call him... "Ultra Bland"

Ok, from here it gets a bit more interresting and includes WIP pics of some sort or another.

mg_0093.jpg?w=736

I originally just popped a big Spawn eye in his belly while doing the other early efforts and thought "Eye of Magnus!", so he was destined to be a Thousand Son Sorcerer that went a bit wrong.  However by the time I got back around to him I was getting a bit more confidence and thought he was a bit plain.

img-20180414-wa0018-1038657649.jpeg?ssl=

img_20180414_224626366405669.jpg?w=736

... so I sculpted 6 other eyes onto him.  Around this time I'd started posting this stuff onto the Krakendoomcool Blog and also networking with other hobbyists on Twitter for the first time. I was running out of space marine armies belonging to my friends to use in my Possessed so I started asking about on Twitter if anyone wanted to "donate" one of their men to my cause.  One really nice guy (@DrakePoldragon) offered up two different chapters, and I suggest two of my models including this one.  I suggest this will be the Dark Angel, and based on the poor first photo I sent he thought he was wearing a hood so that he would be blind to the truth of his actions. I laughed at the idea he would ever be blind to anything anymore... but he had a point, Dark Angels love them some Hoods and Cloaks.

img_20180502_2256271513806809.jpg?w=736

So I had my first crack and Green Stuffing a cloak onto a model.  It was a bit tricky because of the big spike coming out of his head and that his backpack was already glued on, but I just followed a tutorial and winged the rest of it from there.  I'm pretty happy with the results.

mg_0146.jpg?w=700&h=mg_0149.jpg?w=449&h=621

I'm not as happy with the paint job on the cloak as I am with the construction but I can always go back over it.  I'm happy with how this guy turned out and he lookes pretty unique for a possessed which is what I was going for. I like to call this guy "Dark Eyengel"

I hope thats ok for now, I will have more stuff to post semi regularly and the rest of my projects should have WIP pics now that the projects have caught up to the present point in time.  As I said, please let me know what you think, I wont be offended and I'm eager to learn more. If you have any ideas of your own, feel free to suggest them, I bought a box of vanilla marines to fuel this project for a bit longer than I originally planned... :biggrin.:

Edited by Pandoras Bitz Box

Oooo that Dark Eyengel, very cool indeed, I like how he looks like he beseeching the Dark Gods to bless him with yet more vile gifts, all the eyes reminds me of Bloodborne...

"As you once did for the Vacuous Rom, grant us eyes! Grant us eyes! Line our brains with eyes to cleanse us of our beastly idiocy! "

@Son of Carnelian

I'm glad you think so! If you like these then hopefully your going to find the ones coming up pretty disturbing hopefully. My friends keep joking about the fact that some of them are getting so elaborate that I could use them as 'counts as' Spawn.

@Sagentus, Bjorn Firewalker

Thanks guys, i really appreciate that!

@SanguiniusReborn

Ha ha ha, Thats cool and very appropriate. I havent played it but im aware of it. I know what you mean about the pose, when he was meant to be a Thousand Son i was thinking he would be like a power mad Sorcerer that was subject to the flesh change. He does look like he is calling to the Gods for more power or rousing a conclave of willing inducties into his sorcerous cult. Either way... i give him an 'A' for enthusiasm.

@Vairocanum

Cool, hopefully I wont let you down then. I'm working on them every night, I have another one ready to post up soon and another one again that's almost finished painted... but I'm in two minds about some bits of the colour scheme so I'm not sure.  After those there's about another 3 built, and undercoated ready... then another 2 again that I'm busy building so maybe I'll pop up some previews of those when I've run out of completed ones to get up.

@The Traitor

I really like Dark Eyengel too, its not the first model I've jammed some eyes into and I never really get bored of it... not sure what that says about my psychology if anything.  Apart from anything else he has a big smile!... Well... on half of his face.

@SystemSyn

Yeah, that was such an after thought and I was really pleased with how well it worked.  I'm not really sure if I had realised how many organic looking textures there were on the model until I put that tail on there... and it just seemed to help make the model.  It feels kind of subtle to me too, I sometimes forget its there now that the uniform colour scheme ties it all together.

@Achinadav

The Mini Thirster is another one of my favourites. I mean the green stuff tail was the only real big change after I just simply put that head on.  Its funny because I see so many awesome kit bashes from people like Krautscientist, Apologist, Krakendoomcool and many others I like to keep an eye on their work.  When I look at their builds I think... do they have like and inexhaustible supply of bits covering the entire range, along with encyclopaedic knowledge of their entire inventory? when I kit bash, its more... this bit looks cool... I wonder if it will go on something.  I'm hampered by my very limited supply of spare parts, but maybe if I hadn't had so few spawn heads on the sprue that was given to me, I wouldn't have thought of making the Mini Thirster!  So lots of pleasant combinations sometime present themselves due to my limited options.  He's simple but I think he looks wicked, so thanks for appreciating that.

This is my most recently completed model and some of what went into him... once again, sorry about the face that the WIP pictures start from near the end of the build.

img_20180414_114703-1886289206-e15270158

Its not a very clear image but its the earliest one I have for its state of modification. So at this stage, only the arms and backpack are from a possessed marine... maybe I saw the spare Ravener body and thought... "I've been looking for somewhere I could actually use that...". From somewhere, I had the front half of a Black Templar Breastplate with Tabard, so stuck that onto the missing front of the Ravener body. Finally I'd also manage to find a space marine helmet from somewhere, it had the little spiked halo. Apparently in a moment of inspiration I thought, his body is so messed up, maybe he should have a normal marines head! this didn't seem to help the build that much though, I had glued it straight onto the stump of the Raveners neck, which is so thick by comparison it didn't look great. Not even green stuff extensions for the Tabard and clipping out a piece of the iron halo (CHAOS!) made it look good. it didnt sit on the base very well and looked clumsy, It was my least favourite and I avoided it for ages... Until I recently rekindled the possessed project.

img_20180415_135632-1832426652.jpg?ssl=1

A fortuitous conversation broke out between myself and @Leaky_cheese when he posted a really old Tyranid model that looked like something from the thing, with a face and a hand coming out of its head.  I then told him that I had some really old "Tyranids" I'd never seen before that my wife bought of ebay one year for me for christmas.  I never told her but I didnt want to use them in my army... or more accurately, I could not think of a way to include them.  Well Mr Leaky Cheese has an apparently extensive knowledge war games and recognised my wierd little monsters as Kryomek Helions from the Fantasy Forge range. To me they look like Emohawk from the UK Comedy sci-fi Red Dwarf...

http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/episodes/emohawkpolymorphii/emohawk-polymorph-ii.jpg

None of that... isn't actually relevant anyway. What IS relevant is that this conversation made me get these weird things out of the box. Without doing so during this critical time period of working on my possessed, the next stage might not have occurred...

img-20180415-wa0015-1382801146.jpeg?ssl=

After cutting the head off the Kryomek Helion and grafting it onto the model where the old Ravener neck and failed head transplant used to be... I instantly preferred the model... even liked the model. It still kind of reminded me of that goofy Emohawk, and was starting to get a bit out there for a Possessed Sp[ace marine, but I really liked how it was going now.

I was starting to find tune the model now and I was very aware that the Ravener body still looked like one, so in an effort to make it less obvious and break the possessed mystique, I cut off the end and fitted a foot from the spare parts of the Forge World Cockatrice (The same kit the Ravenguards arm claw came from).

img_20180423_104739-421553793.jpg?ssl=1&

It looked a it stiff so I used a heat gun to bend it a bit and make it look a little more natural.  I think while defending against the suggestion that the model was looking more spawn-like than Possessed, I nearly said something like "I dont know what you mean, they all have a head, two arms, a body, two le-...". Except this guy doesn't have 2 legs, he has a huge serpentine tail. So to try and bring him back from the brink of Spawndom slightly and closer to his Possessed brothers, I tried to suggest that at one time he did have both legs and still sort of has two lower limbs...

img_20180424_220152479052533.jpg?ssl=1&w

At some point I was reminded of the whole chain deal with the Black Templars, possibly when my friend pointed out the that they stole the idea from the World Eaters.  Suddenly I realised my poor Black Templar was missing his chain! so I got to work giving him his chain on his sword arm, gave him a lick of paint and he is pretty much done. I think I spotted a bit I forgot to finish painting but it escapes me what it was now... anyway, here he is. What shall we call him... "The Serpent Templar"

img_20180515_2303281295279288.jpg?ssl=1&

img_20180515_230345-822998290.jpg?ssl=1&

As I'm all caught up with completed models now, I thought I could show you the beginning stages of some of the other models.  Then if your interested in one of them, I can provide some more pics if you like. Otherwise my plan is to just post the progress pics with each model as I post up the final product.  When I have got all of my current possessed out of they way I will then happily post up any and all progress I make as and when I do it. its just that at the moment, as I'm working on multiple things, showing progress pics of each model after alteration would be messy and confusing I think. Anyway... so here's some of the earliest pics I can find of the other guys in the Possessed.

img-20180505-wa0000-9842121.jpeg?ssl=1&w

This certainly doesn't give much away, this guy is destined to be a Salamander.

img-20180513-wa0000-1506969268.jpeg?ssl=

img_20180426_233814124413656.jpg?ssl=1&w

This is literally all I currently have of the Space Wolf I intend to build.

img_20180517_224403-1462740417.jpg?ssl=1

This is a Plague Bearer possessing... I'm not sure what yet, thats not set in stone. I was thinking maybe an Emperors Children, I like the idea of the people who love themselves being blessed by hosting the most vile and gross daemon.

I have a few more but I have some stuff to get on with, might try to post the others up later.

"Dwayne Dibbley?!" (Huge Red Dwarf fan here, the reference is awesome.)

Some cracking work here. Thanks for taking the time to explain some of the inspiration, process, and the bits used. These are Possessed (in some cases bordering on Spawn) done right.

@Sagentus

Hey man, nice to see you returned and Im glad that my paint job one you over! I'm guessing you mean the first one since you last looked, the Serpent Templar? I totally wasn't into that one for so long, it looked so dorky and just clunky... like a kitbash by a blind man. Slowly though he came together starting with that head and I started getting quite into it. If I was to do anything different I would have a tighter coil in the tail but its all plastic so not really feasible unless I just remodelled the whole thing with green stuff.  Anyway I'm super pleased you like how it turned out, and that my first stuff was good enough for the return visit.

@Subtle Discord 

Ha ha, I watched season 1 - 6 to death on vhs when I was a kid... forever. I'm glad you like these and appreciate the behind the scenes bit.  I've never really done a WIP so I'm just guessing that this is how I'm meant to do it.  As I go I'm catching up to current projects and I will take photos with WIP in mind. I never used to, didnt think anyone would really care back then!

@Gabocius

Thanks very much! and I'm looking forward to posting up some more stuff very soon. my photos are just all over the place at the moment so its quite hard to source them and get them on here.  If your looking forward to some of the things to come i've just noticed that in the background of the Serpent Templars pics I have accidentally included some easter eggs for the thread...

Thank you SOOOO much guys, hearing your really generous words really spurs me on to try and do the best I can.  Right now I might be working on the best one so far... well its debateble... maybe not, its certainly had some of the most work gone into it in terms of sculpting.  Knowing there are people out there looking forward to seeing these guys makes me feel like going that extra bit further.  My friend told me "I cant believe how much effort your putting into these, its awesome"... then I realise I've been spending days working the guts of one model.. that isnt a character... in a unit that I wont use all the time... in one of my 7 armies... in a game that could be years coming because its so hard to organise a game these days.

...so, at the moment, yeah... I'm ploughing all of my 40k energy into hobbying, rather than playing, and people like you guys are only fueling the fire.  you think these guys are wild... Go on... add more fuel, I dare you... 

I am forever forgetting to take in progress photos. I'm getting better, but there are still times when I get something done and suddenly think, "Damn, I should have documented that."

There are no real right or wrong ways to do a WIP thread, but it was always something I craved when I look at good work; the outcome is awesome, but how the heck did you get there?! I totally respect that writing good descriptions and taking good photos takes time and effort, so I completely understand that not everyone can do it, but it's very nice when it does happen.

Yeah, B&C is a very special corner of the internet. Much of the content here does set the bar rather high, but it's also an amazing community that will really empower and help a hobbyist as they also encourage them to keep going and improving. I started many years ago rebuilding my army with this silly notion of, you know, actually getting out and playing, and this crazy wonderful board changed my plans considerably; I still haven't got out and started to play again (soon, so very soon) but the life of my hobby has grown and evolved into something I would never have guessed, and it in no small part because of B&C.

Yeah my hobby efforts have gone into overdrive since we started the Blog... and as a bi-product of trying to promote it, Bolter and Chainsword and Twitter.  Knowing there are people interested in what I'm posting really does fill me with more enthusiasm.  I'm still trying to get my head around the best way to use social media and the forums but its getting there.

I'll definitely have some more pics up soon, just getting super carried away with this current conversion... I think I nearly have it.  I'm working on it with all my free time at the moment so I barely have time to look at Bolter never mind actually type something or post photos!  Super excited to show you photos of this guy eventually...

Hey guys, finally managed to sort out my photos for this next post. An Angel Sanguine, the second offering from our friend @DrakePoldragon from Twitter.

17lfzncm-e1527284023530.jpg

This was the photo I received that I would use as reference for the colour scheme. The model I chose for his destiny is a partially converted Chosen Chaos Space Marine from the Dark Vengeance box.  I bought all the chaos stuff on ebay, but I was surprised to find I had two identical models for one of the chosen. I'm not sure if that's normal (which would mean all of the incredibly high detail Chosen were completely unique appart from one EXACT duplicate) or if I was accidentally sent two. Either way, I wasn't going to be happy with this copy in the unit so I set him to one side and he ended up as Possession fodder.

...oh, it turns out, it really is that weird, here are the parts, check out the twins in the bottom left.

chaos-chosen.jpg

As you can see, this kit is pretty limited as the starter boxes usually are. So I cut the horn off his arm as it looked like a pretty prominent feature. I didn't give him a backpack as I thought I could spread around the nice high detail parts... and then I ripped off his arms and grafted on wings.

mg_0095.jpg?ssl=1&w=450

I took the wings from one of the backpacks, which while quite cool, are just way to distinguishable, and unless you have enough for a whole unit of flying models... it seems weird. This had all been done before I had been on Twitter and that brings up to speed and the choice of model. The donated faction is a Blood Angels successor, so much like the secretive Dark Angel hiding from the truth, now being unable to avoid seeing anything... I thought this model made a decent mockery of the Blood Angel with his "Angelic" wings. The trouble is I had some grotty bits where I had cut his arms away and obvious holes to fill where the wings joined.  I also had lost detail where I cut away the large spike off his shoulder pad and the void where his backpack should have been.  So I green stuffed the detail back in as best I could filling the gaps and rather than fill detail into the areas like his shoulder and back, I decided to follow suit with the weird horn tentacles coming from his belly (taken from helbrute spares after the other conversion), and give him more tentacles bursting out of those areas.

img_20180416_2233271153454380.jpg?ssl=1&

Next I did a little green stuffing where his sword had been damaged. I still wasnt happy with the huge flat areas of wing. There was a lot of space there and it just wasnt interesting enough. The wings are a huge focus on this model, as opposed to the Mini Thirster which I think attracts a lot of attention with his dynamic charge and over all appearance.

Then I had a flash of inspiration... Feathers. Angels have feathers... but this guy is no angel anymore, lets make his feathers a little more... sparse (which would also save me a hell of a lot of work.

img_20180426_213247-386767138.jpg?ssl=1&

img_20180426_213223-745332566.jpg?ssl=1&

I'd never sculpted feathers before, so I looked a couple of tutorials and knocked out what I could. I am pretty happy with how these turned out and I may try to do a model with fully feathered wings in the future at some point.  After this, it was simply a matter of painting him up and he was done.  "Wingman"

mg_0157.jpg?ssl=1&w=450

mg_0159.jpg?ssl=1&w=450mg_0158.jpg?ssl=1&w=450

I hope you like how he turned out too, I'm happy enough with the result. As usual, if you guys have any feedback for me, posative or construstive is welcome. I wont be changing this model but if you have any ideas about a way I could have gone with this it could be useful for a future project and I'm always happy to brainstorm with people.  Let me know what you think and happy hobbying for now!

but I was surprised to find I had two identical models for one of the chosen. I'm not sure if that's normal (which would mean all of the incredibly high detail Chosen were completely unique appart from one EXACT duplicate) or if I was accidentally sent two.

Nope. There were 7 Chosen in Dark Vengeance, and the two Bolter guys were duplicates.

In regards to the Possessed: That guy looks so sweet. Really liking how these are all coming out :tu:

@Vairocanum

Thanks! I like him too. I like that I think I managed to think of a way to use a set of those backpack wings without making it completely obvious where they came from. This guy was also a fun way to try out the Tentacle maker

@Gederas

It's sooo weird! These were like the fore runners of the high detail models. I even saw people online complaining that they were too busy with high detail parts! That only serves to make them even more distinguishable from each other... and then they make one of them a complete copy? it seems like the weirdest choice... I feel like more copies, while not looking great would make MORE sense.  I would think, oh there are multiple copies of this guy with no special weapons, its obviously the grunt and bulking out the force... but just 2? Anyway, if I hadn't had a complete copy of one of them he wouldn't have ended up here... so I'm kinda glad they did do that.

So this is a WIP thread... but I'm not really posting stuff as I do them for some reason. I have this backlog of progress photos that im piling in all at once when I finish a project. So to try and get into the swing of things I'm going to post the pre painted pics of the next two models to be painted with a little bit of information on the build. you'll have to bear with me on the paint job, could take a couple of weeks as I don't have much free time.

Oh before I do that... I just found a better picture of the really god damn ugly stage of the Serpent Templar...

mg_0096.jpg?ssl=1&w=450

Jeeze, its worse than I remember. Now Im REALLY happy with how he turned out.  Anyway, back to the next two Possessed...

This next one was one of my first two possessed conversions that I made while sort of being inspired by the film The Thing. I actually plan on making some possessed trying to use stills from the film to design them rather than just being inspired by it. Actually, now that I think about it... the ORIGINAL inspiration for the model was actually just the armour before I decide to incorporate The Thing aspect to the build. The armour has a face in it, and I thought, wouldnt it be cool if the Daemon possessed the armour and not the guy, then the marine would be trapped inside the daemon. So I wanted to cut the body off the legs, give it a mouth and then think of a way of making the rest of the armour treat the torso as the character, not the marines face.

mg_0094.jpg?ssl=1&w=450

So I got a thick double tentacle thing from my ever reliable spawn spares (which were donated to me by the way after my friend built some spawn). It was around now I decided to make him a bit more gribbly and Thing like. So just using the other bits from the existing model I did a sort of exploded diagram of him by putting his limbs on talks.  This was another model that had no backpack... either because I took it for another model or it was a winged backpack.  So I looked through my spares and found and old space crusade backpack, which looks awesome by the way. I attached that to the other half of the double tentacle.  I got the Jaw from... what the hell did I get that jaw from?... damn, I cant even remember anymore.  If you recognise that lower jaw then feel free to shout out in the comments and Ill tell you if it rings any bells.  then to reinforce the idea that the guy is now just a passenger to the armour, i cut his face off and sunk it into the neck. Then I made lots of green stuff tentacles and had them squirming out of the armour as if it is still growing. Also, I quite like this touch, I found a spike from the spawn sprue that I didn't really like for anything else but had a very similar curve to the horn on the armour... so I made it look like it was growing out of him and ripped through his shoulder pad.  I've haven't done much more to hims since then apart from a little green stuff detailing and hole filling. Oh actually I cut the sword blade off to make the hand look like a claw and sufficiently different to the Ultra Bland fencer.

the other model is going to by the Iron hand.

mg_0104.jpg?ssl=1&w=450

I'm pretty fond of this one. My friend who I got it off was never really that into the building stage of the models... (or the painting to be honest). This explained his incredibly weird and dorky stance. I don't know if his legs are meant to look like he is running, I assume so. However his body and arm position made him looked like he was he was heavily leaning forwards against resistance of some sort, not helped by his spike hand touching the floor for extra purchase. I though... man, I cant get over this guy looking like he is dragging something.  So I looked through my spawn parts... found a part I never really liked to see if I could make something out of it. I got the weird claw that has all the fingers in the same plane... which I hate, so I cut all the fingers and turned then to face sideways like a clawed hand.  It was massive though, like, almost the size of his body.  Hilarious I thought, the daemon has warped the crap out of his hand and now he has to drag it around and swing it like a gross wrecking...   ....   ...ummm... sea urchin?

I attached it by using an already curved spawn tentacle I think, and I bent it straighter, carefully so it didn't snap or crack. I'm not sure if i also pinned them... then I extended the armour trim down the arm to tie it all together visually using green stuff.  That was what I had done some time ago before I deced he would be an Iron hand. I thought, well it does make it sound like his hand is heavy... maybe I could just paint his hand silvery? but it looked too organic now.  I thought about it for a while then decided I need to tech him up a bit so he felt a bit more Iron Hands.

img-20180504-wa0026365901576-e1527319165

img-20180504-wa00301970934701-e152731910

As I's already experimented a little with the tentacle maker I felt a bit more confident and mad some cabling with it.  In his arm I also incorporated a resin tube, guitar wire and space marine elbow. this was so that it brought thhe idea back that this was not a daemon arm... but his own warped arm.  finally... Iron hands have mechanical hands... but i wasn't about to try and scratch build a new, entirely robotic hand. bit i dint want to use any of my cool robot parts i'm saving for a Dominus conversion. I needed to find some bionic looking bits. in hope i checked the box of vanilla marine i bought, in hope...  I needn't have bothered. I couldn't find any bionic marine parts.  Then I noticed something, a little mechanical loader arm for the space marine rocket launcher. Its part of the backpack, but I managed to cut it away and it was like the perfect dimensions for me to replace one of the fingers on the comedy hand. I popped it on and plugged it in. Very happy with that.  Somewhere in that space marine box, I

Im pretty sure his face bionics came from the vanilla marine box as well, but I'm not sure what.  Again, if you can pick it out please let us all know, I'm just not that familiar with standard space marine equipment.  Where ever I found it, it had lenses... it was going in his face. I fitted it, plugged that in too and then put some of his horns growing out of the new part to help tie it all in. 

That's where both of those models were completed in terms of build.  Now I just have to paint them up!

Happy Hobbying Everyone