Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

PBB's Thousand Sons and Daemons // Khornate Khristmas

Chaos Thousand Sons Green Stuff Conversion Sculpting Tzeentch Daemons Kitbash

• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,220 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company

Excellent job, brother... such an epic Knight. It's difficult to tell the modifications to the greaves aren't from GW themselves. Your friend is quite lucky!

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,684 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters

The glow effects are looking fantastic, and I just cannot wait for photos of the finished model! One final piece of nitpicking, though: I think those tubes to either side of the vox-grille on the Salamander helmet would profit from being picked out in a different colour (silver, for instance). Otherwise, the helm still looks slightly unfinished. Also, holy moly, is that hook going through the poor Space Wolve's mouth? I actually winced when I noticed that ;)

• rednekkboss likes this

Pandoras Bitz Box

Pandoras Bitz Box

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 442 posts

Well that it. It's finally over, two and a half months in the making but the Knight is finally boxed up and ready to go to its new home. Its not perfect but I'm pretty thrilled with how well this project went thanks in no small part to you guys. Thanks everyone for being so encouraging, supportive and for all the useful feedback. You have been awesome co-pilots on this project. Now I think your owed some higher resolution photos? there are more on the Blog but here's most of them...

MG_0280.jpg?w=700&h=MG_0281.jpg?w=700&h=MG_0282.jpg?w=700&h=MG_0283.jpg?w=700&h=

MG_0284.jpg?w=1000&h=

MG_0291.jpg?w=370&h=MG_0295.jpg?w=1000&h=

MG_0294.jpg?w=700&h=

MG_0288.jpg?w=700&h=MG_0285.jpg?w=700&h=

MG_0286.jpg?w=700&h=

MG_0287.jpg?w=1000&h=

I guess I better start thinking of my next project...

Have a lovely Christmas everyone and I hope to catch up with you all soon.

Edited by Pandoras Bitz Box, 22 December 2018 - 12:11 AM.

• Doghouse, firestorm40k, DuskRaider and 6 others like this

Bolter and Chainsword Threads

CHAOS

TYRANIDS

www.Krakendoomcool.Wordpress.com

Twitter: @Pandorasbitzbox

Kor Dalron

Kor Dalron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 94 posts
  • Faction: Chapter of the Dark Virtue

Great Job, he turned out fantastic, I think you nailed the paintjob with the small lighting effects and the weathering/battledamage! For some reason the neck/throat really draws my eyes in with the cheffron cables sweat.gif

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01b.jpgL_T_3_2017_Banner.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpg

Give up yourself to the Great Gods in body and of soul, Discard all that does not benefit their Greatness. The first thing to be discarded is the Name. Yourself is nothing to the Gods, and your Name shall be as nothing to You. Only once you have reached Enlightenment shall you reclaim your Name, and yourself. Thus spoke Great Lorgar, and thus it was to Be.

- fourth tenant of the Book of Lorgar

My Chapter of the Dark Virtue Project Log: http://www.bolterand...l= dark virtue

rednekkboss

rednekkboss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,063 posts
  • Faction: Templars of DOOooom!

Lots of great elements here. The foot tread, foot impact and glow effects are my favorites and I love the whole head and neck.  Not to mention the pose. Well done, sir. Bravo!

Edited by rednekkboss, 22 December 2018 - 03:47 AM.

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,684 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters

The finished Knight is absolutely incredible and easily one of the best hobby projects I have seen this year! Your friend is just incredibly lucky to receive this as a gift -- as are we for now seeing the model in all its glory. Thanks for taking us along for the ride! :)

Pandoras Bitz Box

Pandoras Bitz Box

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 442 posts

@Kor Dalron

Thanks man! Painting is not my strong point, i'm much happier building. So its really nice of you to say so. The Glow in the eyes was an after thought and they it was Kraut who suggested I match the centres of those chaos stars with the same OSL, I'm really glad you like how those look. Weathering is something I really need to practice, I have just started chatting to a guy I might meed up with in the new year who will show me some weathering techniques. All I really did on this was the mud and scratches, i've never really nailed the flaking paint which might have worked quite well.  It's cool you mentioned those cables because that's the exact point of their existence when I was chatting to some of the Brothers about breaking up the form of the cables and how other things were distracting from the head, so I tried to strategically pick out some cables by puttting hazard stripes on that would do just that! perfect, thank you!

@Rednekkboss

Ha ha ha ha, I like how many things you listed there, thanks so much. I like all of it (thankfully), I mean I know there are still things I could work on but Im very happy having left it where I did, but my favourite parts are probably the pose and foot impact and anything else that helped convey the motion and weight. It was such a huge focus for me. I am really happy you like the other bits too though, its funny how you like the food and I pretty much winged that over one or two sessions... It was the last thing I did when I noticed "Holy crap, his foot doesnt have a bottom!", then it all just happened.  Really glad you like it man, thanks for being involved.

@Krautscientist

I might just screenshot your comment and frame it above my hobby desk. Thanks so much for getting involved, Its thanks to you and the other Fraters that it is what it is. I mean, Im not saying it would have been bad, but I don't think it would have been as good. So many elements came from my activity on bolter... The colour scheme change, the trophy heads, the pilot, the cracks in the armour!... I mean these are not subtle aspects and those are just a few examples. Thanks to all of you I really pushed this project hard, the feedback meant that I didn't get bored and I was driven to hammer out each detail to completion.  I'm really happy you like it and are speaking so highly of it, I've had an overwhelming response over on twitter as well that I just didn't expect. So yeah, thanks for all the help... you all only get involved because you care about the projects and that's what makes me love this community. Becoming active here in May is the best thing I have ever done for my Hobby. So when you thank me for having you along for the ride... Id argue that its the passengers that make the journey what it is. Thanks man.

It seems... SUPER WEIRD to not be working on this project now. I sat down at my hobby table the night before last and looked at the space where the Knight use to be... and it was like i'd changed jobs or moved house... I just had to come to terms with the fact that things were different now. It felt strange. I think I might just work on some normal stuff for a while, possibly intersperse with some creative projects. I have so many mini's on sprues I should really knuckle down  and deal with them and any other grey plastic to at least try to make a dent.

Thanks again for all your help everyone, If I could be hugging you all right now, I would be. This is all ready an amazing Birthday and Christmas... oh yeah it was my Birthday yesterday so I picked up the Noise Marine and Krakendoomcool got me Magnus! I hope your all having a good break and have a great Christmas if I not speak to you before then everyone.

• KrautScientist and Thousand Eyes like this

Bolter and Chainsword Threads

CHAOS

TYRANIDS

www.Krakendoomcool.Wordpress.com

Twitter: @Pandorasbitzbox

Mechanist

Mechanist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 845 posts

Your mate's jaw is going to hit the floor on this one, you've added a really solid paint job to a stellar build. I just read through your blog post and I'm so stealing how you did the bulk head though Mine will be press moulded copies as I'll need the original bits to mount the head.

My plog With my latest creations and part projects

http://www.bolterand...change-painting

For more detailed waffle on anything I'm working on why not check out my blog at 

http://paintstationf...blogspot.co.uk/

gallery_48988_15465_712.png

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,220 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
This is just too perfect. You've done an absolutely fantastic job on this PBB and I'll be checking the mail daily for its arrival ;)

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,838 posts
  • Faction: KDK, VII, VIII

Undeniably one of the best projects I've seen on this board - and dare I say the internet of 2018. Thanks for sharing and for involving us in it, for taking the time to post all those pictures and update everyone on your process and progress, and for me personally and in particular for the tutorial you posted on the chaosification of armour - it was most inspiring and helpful! 

Happy Christmas and a merry, hobby-filled year to you too, buddy! 

falcongek

falcongek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 118 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars, Steel legion
I just discivered this thread yesterday.
Sweet builds. Man your mate is lucky with a mate like you.

Thanks for the enormous amount of joy and inspiration this thread gave me.
ETL VI Banner ETL VI Magister Faction Astartes

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chaos, Thousand Sons, Green Stuff, Conversion, Sculpting, Tzeentch, Daemons, Kitbash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users