PBB's Thousand Sons, Daemons and Chaos // Nurgle Knight

@Brother Lunkhead

Thank you very much! the Dark Eyengel was a lot of fun to do, I had played with putting eyes on things previously with my Thousand Sons helbrute and before that on a Spawn I made. It was my first attempt at a cloak though so I'm really pleased with that.

@Son of Carnelian

I do aim to please... or ... enduce vomit... what ever is the most positively appropriate response for these models...

@Are Verlo
As I've mentioned previously, I dont feel like I can take as much credit as I'm given for the original concepts in many of these models... as often it just seems circumstantial. A large portion of these models (the ones with the most Possessed components) were already built when I got them. So the Molten Iron Hand for example was already posed in a strange leaning pose before I got to him. It just seemed natural to have him pulling something and when I looked through my bits... there was this weird spawn... head I think it is, that I could never think of a use for. So I made it into a big hand. If I had more parts or the model had been posed better, he may have turned out a lot more play like the Possessed Ultra Marine or Imperial Fist. Thanks though, I'm really happy you like them :biggrin.:
Ok so I did make some progress on The Thing last night and even tonight, even though I had barely even an hour of hobby time. I started getting on with the legs, and while was trying to pos them in roughly the right place, I took the opportunity to try and take the photo from an angle that would let me know if I was still on track for the composition.
gallery_106203_14654_1721.jpggallery_106203_14654_7422.jpg
I was pretty chuffed with how that came out but it does further highlight the presence of those two weird, floppy little dog limbs poking out the back. I need to keep reminding myself I have to do those. I took some time yesterday playing with a Lamp Post to after it was suggested as a form of suspending it like in the photo (in place of the air vent). I was super on board with this idea and after some searching through my pretty unorganised stash of hobby rubbish I managed to find a bag with some street lights in. I had to extend it with some plastic pipe as it wasn't quite tall enough. I tried extending the fins of the light down the length of the extension, but it just started to look like a very narrow rocket to me (albeit with a particularly non aerodynamic tip). So I took them back off and sanded the lamp base flush to the extension. I figured that the focus wasn't going to be on the lamp anyway. just in case I did add a band of green stuff to it later to break it up a bit.
gallery_106203_14654_35.jpg
gallery_106203_14654_48226.jpeggallery_106203_14654_19234.jpg
I did also have to preposition his feet to allow for the lamp, but it all managed to stay on there. I could have just picked a bigger base but for the sake of tidiness I wanted all the possessed on matching size bases. I feel like if I bump any of them up another base size I'm basically admitting they are spawn rather than possessed anymore (a fact people keep teasing me about anyway with the state these possessions are progressing). Tonight what I manage to work on was green stuffing the legs as well as some gaps in the armour around the hips.
gallery_106203_14654_22764.jpg
The next step will be to finish covering that wire in the legs with greenstuff and then I will have to think about adding those weird dog limbs. I hope your all still enjoying this, please let me know what you think of if you have any ideas of your own about this model, any of the ones i've already made or just the general theme of my possessed in any way. Once again, thanks everyone for your support and enthusiasm.

This is emetic. If that’s the goal your succeeding!

This is coming along really nicely. I’m finding the head sculpt to be surprisingly successful, well done.

If the bits dangling down from the lamp post are getting in the way could you just cut them out. Like the wires dangling down and the fact the lamp itself comes right down into the model. Could you simplify it or change the angle?

Loving it anyway. One of my favourite films as you know and a homage too so all good from my point of view!

@Krakendoomcool

Yeah I was really surprised how the face came out, but I think I will only REALLY know when I paint it, I mean... I can barely tell whats going on in there. the teeth are so small I feel like I'm sculpting sand. Do you think the size of the lamp post head spoils the composition of the model? Its not really been that much in the way as far as the sculpt goes but after reading your comment I've considered losing on of the 3 levels of the lamp bit, to shrink it by a third. What does everyone else think?

@Brother Lunkhead

You don't know how happy it makes me feel to hear you say that. I'm hardly pro at this, I'm just bodging my way through one task to the next... but if my ideas or my efforts have helped to motivate you in anyway to get on with your work or try to do something new, that's the pinnacle of achievement for me as far as I'm concerned. Pay it forward you know, after all, so many great works I've seen have inspired me to get this far. My friend Krakendoomcool not to say the least, his models are ace and it was him to finally got the blog rolling for us and introduced me to so many great hobbyists here on Bolter.

Also sometimes I worry that I'm going into too much detail and boring everyone to death, so I'm glad you like what I'm writing. If you do have any more specific questions, please just go for it. I'm happy to help if I can, or point you in the direction of someone I think could help more.

@Krautscientist

I really admire your work... and if the only way I ever impress you is by making you feel ill... then so be it. I'll take it :happy.:

Ok, so... an update. what have I been doing... ahh yes, when I last left this there was just the covering of the core brass wire in the legs to do.

gallery_106203_14654_2719.jpggallery_106203_14654_36791.jpg

I was pretty pleased with how that turned out. I noticed that while I was doing this, I was trying to smooth it out and make the legs look like they are meant to look like that on purpose, but one of the things that makes this project slightly easier is the weird nature of The Thing is that things arnt formed properly, so not having perfectly smooth or uniform limbs is not only not a problem, but I think it actually helps the model. I found myself adding imperfections if I smoothed something too much. The other thing you can see here is that I started to add the wire frame work for the weird half formed dog legs hanging off the back as you can see in my reference photo. I hadnt really noticed them until I watched a video to get an idea of a different 3 dimensional shape... then I saw those wobbling about and thought... "Crap, hope I have room for those" (this would not be the last time I noticed a crucial detail a bit late in the design process).

gallery_106203_14654_22040.jpggallery_106203_14654_33201.jpg

This was where I started to sculpt the legs. I discovered that the wire had so much give in it that I wanted to hold the foot while I sculpted, so I tried to just work on the leg down to the ankle and I would do the foot the next day. I tried to follow the reference as much as I could, but obviously because of blur and the side that we cant see I had to make a lot of it up. For the skinny leg I just tried to do a really skinny dog leg. For the other leg, I started sculpt what appeared to be a very human like leg, it was a lot thicker (dogs basically have no calf muscle compared to humans as its like a spring rather than a lever) so I started like that... but then where it joins the weird tumor mushroom body I made it look more like a shoulder muscle to attach it, as the thing is just generating flesh without reason. For the side of the leg we cant see, I just made it look a bit weird and sinuous to help convey the idea that its choice of limb is... a fluid concept.

gallery_106203_14654_49466.jpg

Tonight I had way more hobby time than usual (something crazy like 2 nearly undisturbed hours), so I got on with the feet, which while not perfect I'm quite happy with. I want to add claws but I'm waiting for this to cure, they were pretty hard to do because sculpting the toes resulted in shortening the foot as I struggled for something to press against with the tools. I keep telling myself that if I screw something up I can just cut it away and do it again so I just got on with it and I think it went ok. The human leg has the more fleshed out dog foot and the dog leg has the forming stringy dog foot.

After that I was going to stop but I had some green stuff left over and I don't like to waste it. Rather than roll it into balls to turn into eyes at a later date I thought I would add something else to the model which brings me to a very recent decision I made... The allegiance of the original marine. I was going to make it a White Scar for the white armour (sort of reference to the snow in The Thing). I was surprised by how much of this weird thing was two dog legs though and I couldn't stop wanting it to be a space wolf. There are two problems with that though...

1) His body is that of a vanilla marine, completely bland and as unlike a Space Wolf as it could get.

2) I already have plans for a Space Wolf... (watch this space)

So... I thought, ooo, what about successors? with a little research I find that there are 3 canon successors, some Primaris (wrong armour), The messed up ones that turn up in Battle of the Fang (mine isn't messed up... in that way)... which leaves the Blood Wolves. I happily find there is a description of a colour scheme which is all I really

need, then all I have to do is wolf him up a bit. I decide I will cut off his drooping helmeted head and replace it with a Spacewolf when I have a chance, but for now I just need something to green stuff. Krakendoomcool has helpfully offered me some bits to wolf him up, but I decided to try and do a little bit with green stuff just for practice.

gallery_106203_14654_25346.jpggallery_106203_14654_4380.jpg

So what I had a go at was a little wolfs tail at his waist (that the second one, I was really pleased with my first... which I smushed making the next thing and not concentrating). Then I decided to make up a Legion symbol since I couldn't find one. It basically said... Wolfy... but Chaos-er. So I tried to combine a Wolfs head with an 8 pointed star. I think it turned out ok, but its not a deal breaker if people don't like it. Tell me what you think... I literally spent seconds thinking about it. I can easily take it off. otherwise my plan is to sand it a bit to make it a bit more uniform thickness, then cut chips out of it so it looks less pristine around the edges.

And that's where I'm up to! So my plans from here are continued wolf/chaos adornment, and swapping the head out for a space wolf head.

OH, and remember that thing I mentioned about noticing something quite late in the design process... look at his chest plate. There is a bloody MASSIVE

imperial eagle on it. Not sure how I'm going to deal with that yet... I'll have to think of something... probably for a couple of seconds before covering it in wolf tails or something...

Its not! however, funny you mention that. This is actually a homage to the film 1982 film The Thing, If you look further up this page you'll see my reference material comparison. I do have two other models that I did much earlier though, that were just inspired by The Thing rather than directly taken from it, and one of those I compared to Carnage not long ago! I gave it these sinuous bundles of whip like tendrils for arms, more on that guy to come in the future.

Why did I open your thread on my lunch break?! :sick:

I don't think the lamp is too tall. It was more the fact in the still from the film the thing is clinging to the flat horizontal. On the model lamp there is a load of wires and the lamp itself hanging down and i thought it would get in the way. I don't think it does though so leave it.

Great greenstuff on the wolf parts. The chapter badge is a great idea and well executed. Ragnar's banner has a wolf standing on a chaos star so it's not completely off canon what you've done there.

Ok, this is the last post for this guy! as far as I'm concerned he is done for now unless anyone has any helpful feedback or I notice something when I get around to painting him. So here are some pics of the finished guy...

gallery_106203_14654_10093.jpggallery_106203_14654_1158.jpg

gallery_106203_14654_37962.jpg

Sorry about the poor image quality, Ill take some decent photos with the SLR when I've painted it up. so what I've done to finish it off is I added some claws onto the big dog leg. I cut the unhelmeted head off the model (which I will use on the base for my Bolter Donation Drive model) and replaced it with a Wulfen head (?). The cool thing about this head is it has super weird manga hair... which I wasn't keen on when I was looking for parts for a possessed space wolf... but his crazy hair is so crazy, it looks almost normal upside down! it was a little tricky to replace and I fleshed out his hair at the back a little and his head as this head has no neck on it. I wanted some more things to make him look a bit more wolfy so I made a rune which has a symbol of Khorne on it (although its impossible to tell in these awful photos). The other thing that was bugging me was that this Space Wolf turned to Khorne has no Melee weapon, which seems like an oversight. Obviously this was because I only determined his legion near the end of the project. I was pretty stuck for space on this model though so I settled for popping a knife at his waist, and for good measure I gave him some frag grenades to hint at his aggressive mindset... or what ever his mindset was before... this... happened.

Finally the last thing was the Base, I noticed a gap on the base and just filled it in with more basing material... then I scraped it all off because I remembered why it was there. I previously realised that if i just put down my usual basing material, the lamp post would have been in the middle of a load of stone and dirt. Thats obviously weird, so I made some space and cut out some cork sheet as a concrete surface for the lamp to sit on.

I hope you guys like him, I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I was really concerned I'd bitten off more than I could chew with this one.

@Krakendoomcool

Would you prefer I made some possessed based on food for when you decide to come here during your lunch... pershaps the Vindaloo Monster from Red Dwarf...

gallery_106203_14654_89388.jpg

@Vairocanum

I have an interesting answer for your speculation on what I might make next... or at some point. My friend was saying to me that this was definitely I spawn rather than a possessed. My argument is that this is a daemon so be definition he must be possessed but then he made the valid point that according to their fluff... the daemons co-inhabit the bodies with the marines and can become dormant, allowing the marine to revert back to normal. This guy... doesn't look like he is going anywhere near "normal" anytime soon. So I was thinking, well maybe this is a side effect of forcing the daemon into another vessel, part of the homebrew fluff for my Thousand Sons possessed. This got me thinking, well... if my things differ from the standard Possessed marines this much, why stop there? In game... they are just Melee combatants, with no special equipment. So all of their stats can be explained by the presence of a Daemon... the host could be largely irreverent. So once I've finished the possessed I have planned and have a little break, I'm thinking of broadening my horizons beyond marines. Guard... Eldar... Orks... I could have some fun with this. :biggrin.:

If you guys have any feedback for me I'm very grateful for it, as well as ideas or what ever.

Edit: 15/6/18

Edited by Pandoras Bitz Box

Great to see the completed possessed! As for fluff, I think it could still count as a possessed instead of spawn if you stretched the fluff. You could treat this possessed like kinda like a weird snail where the main body sticks out while dragging behind a living shell (armor). In the Horus Heresy books the original Gal Vorbak possessed were able to hide their true appearance and revert their possessed look back to normal power armor as it became part of their bodies. So if the power armor was turned into a living shell of the possessed then in theory it should be able to close up and contain the main body of the possessed when needed. I would really like to see you making possessed out of other models than space marines though, looking forward to seeing the possessed painted up!

@Krautscientist

I really admire your work... and if the only way I ever impress you is by making you feel ill... then so be it. I'll take it :happy.:

Oh, don't get me wrong -- I think you're doing an incredible job with that creature. It's just that it's also really disgusting, plus merely thinking of the 80s' version of The Thing makes me a little queasy, so there's that, too ;)

@Supe Robot Gangster

I'm looking forward to seeing him painted up too but we'll all have to wait because I have a backlog of about 4 other models I need to catch up with first before I get to him. Oh and yeah... I eventually I might try my hand at possessing one of everything that feasibly could be possessed, I know there are exceptions like Tyranids, Grey Knights (so far)... what about Necrons, they are alive right? If theres anything you know of that I cant possess by canon then let me know!

@Vairocanum

Ha ha ha, I wonder how uncomfortable to have this thing bust out of you every time it wants to say hello... or even when it wants to go to sleep even. Yeah, I think im comfortable with the justification. I think it can be explained away, whether it follows the same in universe rules as the regular possessed or if its a different kind of possession that doesn't (but uses the same game rules). I like to push the boundaries of the concepts Im working with (such as the possessed non-humans mentioned above), but I do want to stay true to the lore of the universe where possible/plausible.

@Krautscientist

Thanks man, Im sure I speak for most of the forum when I say that it really means a lot to hear from the veterans of the forum, be it constructive feedback or praise. Im still very much new to putting this much effort in and showing it to the world but its really encouraging... It almost feels like I'm trying to run before I can walk at times. Without thoughts like that though, I wouldnt have made this model. I'm really pleased with how it went, I think one of the only reasons my Green Stuff sculpting is coming along so much is because I dont feel as capable kitbashing. I imagine that when You, Krakendoomcool, Apologist are making things... its like the Master Builders of the Lego movie, you know what parts you need... then you see all of the potential pieces that could fill that role around you and just have to pick one!

ok... so now... I've finally, FINALLY finished modeling this guy. just one more pic to share as I forgot to sculpt in the torso mouth that starts this whole scene of in the film after it bits off the medics arms! (Oh I also ridiculously missed the fact that if you looked underneath him he had NO ANKLES after I originally reposed him, so I filled those too)

gallery_106203_14654_7275.jpg

I did use some artistic licence with this bit because you cant see the mouth at this point in the film, you just see it momenta rally as it bites the arms of the guy.

So... I have just noticed in that his right pauldron is looking a bit plain... maybe I need to chaos the trim up a bit... his knife still has an eagle headed pommel...

I could literally spend the rest of the year trying to perfect this model and not be happy, so thats it, I'm leaving it there for now!

I did manage to start getting back into painting last night though, I have previously and briefly mentioned the Bolter Donation Drive. Although there are a lot of supporters, while I haven't been here very long I know its all to easy to glance at it then dismiss the fact that Bolter needs support from its users. After all its very easy to think "well someone will donate". The other thing I've experienced in my short time here is how awesome it is. Nothing this good is free. It may not cost us anything to use but it takes time and effort on the part of the people running and helping to run the site, for our benifit... while not forcing us to pay any fees. Amazing. On that, I'd like to thank all those people who make it possible to use this service.

In support I would like to invite you to join me in helping them in some way. Grotsmasha had this very cool ldea for helping bolter if you feel like you cant part with your hard earned cash but have spare models or parts. He suggested that we could ebay some a model for the specific purpose of raising money for bolter, and the concept is very cool, please check out the original post here. It could be anything really, you could make cool objective markers out of spares or something. I decided to join in so I'm donating one of my possessed marines.

gallery_106203_14636_12561.jpg

its not exactly one of the elaborate ones but I was still pretty reluctant to part with it as I'd put some effort into painting it. It still didnt feel like enough though, so to remind who ever buys it, WHY they bought it and as a thanks for their contribution I did made a slight addition to the model...

gallery_106203_14654_10333.jpg

gallery_106203_14654_14835.jpggallery_106203_14654_6604.jpg

It will be going on ebay for the 1st of july when Grotsmasha starts the thread for people to display their donations. the idea is to not spend any money if you cant afford it so you would deduct the postage and ebay costs from what you give bolter out of the sale. if your interested in buying one, remember its not just about the miodel, your donating to bolter... and getting a mini from one of your Brothers or Sisters as a thank you.

Theres a link to the project thread in my signature, feel free to us it in yours to show your support.

thanks everyone.

@Rednekkboss

Thanks Rednekkboss :laugh.:, the source material is pretty damn gross so the closer I got to that the better. I'm not done yet though, I have to follow up the conversion with a decent paint job, where I will also be trying out somethings I've never done before, I think I'm going to be trying 2 different technical paints Im not overly familiar with as well as a few other little tricks. I hope I do the model justice, making it more disgusting... and don't just ruin it!

@Elduderino

I had no idea how disgusting people were going to find this thing, maybe its from staring at it for so long, you lose perspective. Thanks, I consider myself reasonably able at sculpting with green stuff but still plenty to learn. I had no idea that I was capable of this, I just thought I would give it a go and see what it would look like.

Ok guys, no new pics up yet. I've painted the Iron hand as best as I think I'm able (although I'm not 100% happy with it, im just not a good enough painter) but I'm going to wait until I have painted another model before I post up the finished pics, since it takes a little while to set up the light box and camera I like to do a few models at a time. I'd like to ask for some help though from my Brothers and Sisters on Bolter... I have coming up a White Dragon (custom chapter of someone on twitter), a Salamander, the Blood Wolf (thing holding the lampost)... then I have one other undercoated model.

Until now I was thinking I would make him a Thousand Son sorcerer subject to the flesh change... but it just doesnt look sorcerer-y enough. So I'm open to suggestions for what chapter or legion that guy used to belong to! can be a successor, your own custom chapter or what ever. I'll pick a colours scheme that contrasts well with the plans I have for the... icky bits.

Thanks everyone

If I’m correct (I haven’t kept too up to date with Necrons fluff) they essentially have their souls (or 40k equivalent) removed with only their conscience remaining ( their ‘souls’ being eaten by the c’tan). So I’m not sure if a Necrons could be possessed. Someone with more knowledge on the crins please correct me though! Will you be doing all the races with models? So for example a sslyth, or jokaero etc.

Good job on Norris Thing. :tu: A great conversion based on one of my fave films. I cant wait to see what other 'Things' you come up with.

I had a jaw (I think) from the Nid Trigon(?) that I never found a use for, then the 'transition' of Julia Thing from the prequel gave me the perfect use for it. It still needs a little work (more tentacles and hair for Julias head flapping about), Ill dig it out and take pix if you wanna see.

Currently I am trying to make two Crypt Ghouls into the Thing made from two people spliced together.

For those who have never seen The Thing this is Julia

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDnw403z-Iy24Sdy2xHzeb9ej21AZIp_G7ZaUGqda_pd-kcrol

and this is the one Im working on atm.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1tHj83ZkY9q3yaotr7wcF8wdAvpy1WCHrSULlPU_NMCFe3qFL

+++EDIT+++

Watch Harbinger Down, the Void and a short film called Zygote (its on youtube). They should tickle your fancy.

Edited by Slave to Darkness

@Supe Robot Gangster #1

Oh ok, fair enough... what about the Pariahs? arnt they half human or something weird. Anyway, with regards to doing every race? I doubt it... its cool idea. In the unlikely event I get to the end of my ever growing list of conversions, things to paint or even build... its something worth considering. I'm not even sure if I'll get around to doing possessed non-space marines... it is a fun idea to think about so who knows, but good call on the extra species in codecies if I do.

@Slave to Darkness

Cool, I'll check those out when I have a chance! I did watch the clip of the Julia Thing while I was looking up the clip for my Norris Possessed, maybe I will do some more takes on Thing scenes. Yeah I'd love to see your own Things! Send me a direct message or even if its finished then pop in the chaos section for everyone to see if your proud of it, when you have let us know here and link to it! I'm quite looking forward to working on some non possessed in the near future as these have just been taking up all of my hobby time for a while now, but its has been very cool. Obviously my Norris Thing the longest to make because of all the sculpting I had to do, which will make me thing twice about just diving into such an involved conversion on such a insignificant model... but it has also improved my confidence on sculpting things from scratch in the future. I have been toying with a mostly or entirely greenstuff possessed... not sure yet. Thanks for the interest though.

@Krakendoomcool

When I first thought of sending that photo it wasnt really an idea... but then I saw it and thought... man... that thing is really messed up. I mean you can see its guts. I think when I was a kid watching it, it was just like a mess so I assumed all the texture was just randome curry texture. Obviously not the case, so now that I have the photo reference... its an option. Maybe I could make it really big and spawn it... threaten to turn your guys into a Deady Curry Beast.

Ok, I finally managed to get into painting finally now that I've finished sculpting. My plan is to paint the 3 finished builds I have left before I make anymore now. So here is My Iron hand (I still need to paint an iron hand Symbol on his Pauldron) and a White Dragon, a custom chapter belonging to @Lambert2191 on Twitter (still need to highlight and lowlight the gold)

gallery_106203_14654_7794.jpg

gallery_106203_14654_33697.jpg

So that second one was the first really elaborate on I did, since it was one of the early ones I dont have any WIP photos. The original idea behind it was when I was making the Imperial fist, which has the same chestpiece, I thought "what if it was the Armour that got Possessed and the Marine just happened to be in there?". Using mostly spawn tentacles I built the bulk of it and made it kind of like an exploded diagram... this was also made shortly after I'd watched The Thing prequal, and was there for my original Thing Marine.

I added some squiggly little tentacles with green stuff, coming out of his armour gaps and out by his head. I wanted the space marine to be an afterthought to this invasion into his armour, like the Daemon barely noticed it was even in there, so I cut the head back to the face and tried to make it look like it was being absorbed into the collar of the armour. The Backpack is one of the awesome Chaos Space Marine backpacks from Space Crusade and the claw of the left hand is the same as the one on my ultra marine but I cut the sword off it to create variation. I also lined up the horned shoulder pad with one of the weird jutting tentacle spikes so it looked like it had lifted through the armour.

I'm pretty happy with it even though it was one of the earliest ones. Once again, your feedback is welcome and I enjoy hearing from you all.

Ok its been a little while since my last update, due to family visits and a few other little bits and bobs. I'm concentrating on painting these next two at the moment so I thought for now I would show what WIP photos I have for them

First of all is the Raptor. Now until very recently I had no allegiance for him. At one time it was going to be an ultra marine because of the little arrow on his head and then a Thousand Son when I had made one of all of my friends chapters... However I decided that if one of my Thousand Sons Sorcerers falls to the flesh change... it will be significant, and I think I will be making and ex-sorcerer Spawn at some point. So I started thinking about the colours his new bits were going to be and what colour would compliment it well. I regularly listen and interact with White Metal Games on Twitch and a nice guy there called Andy suggested Raptors after I said the other main colour would be red, and obviously green is opposite red on the colour wheel so the Raptors military green could work well. Coincidentally, the other model I would be painting simultaneously would be another red and green model, but with a different take.

gallery_106203_14654_32302.jpggallery_106203_14654_10526.jpg

Now Somewhere I have some earlier pics of this guy im sure but for now this one will have to do. My original adjustment to the possessed model until my renewed enthusiasm for this project was just to give it the missing backpack from Wingman and also, Wingman's missing shoulder horn is now on this guys head. Obviously I gave him new arms, they started off as paperclips that I bent into a dynamic thrashing position and then green stuffed over the top. For a long time some of the whips didn't have ends or any green stuff on at all (probably because I found the task too daunting. Anyway eventually I finished sculpting them and for some of the ends I used either Daemon Prince fingers or the wibbly slug fingers from the hand of the Khorne AoS Helbrute thing. The long squiggly neck was a bit of an after thought and the last thing I added, it was the "body" left over after using the head for the Black Templar Possessed...

gallery_106203_14654_16867.jpg

Bjorn Firewalker asked me previously if my Norris Possessed was based on Venom or Carnage, which obviously wasnt the case, although even though this guy was inspired by the same source material, he certainly has reminded me of Carnages ropey limbs, probably more so when I finally paint him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So thats that guy, the next guy that shared the green/red colour scheme would be a salamander.

So you can see the original pre-upgrade model was pretty plain. Before my big Possession drive it was just a standard possessed but with a Grey Knight Rapier added and given serration. I had an idea, possibly one of my first really ambitious sculpting ideas, and it was a bit of a high pressure one because it was a Salamander and reference to the army of Warbringer, a friend and writer on the Krakendoomcool Blog. So I wanted it to be particularly cool. Obviously you can see his additional scaffolding, This would be the beginings of my concept for this possesion... FIRE.

I decided that this guys would be possessed by the very fire he previously used to wield. I also decided that the Daemon would be in the fire as well as his soul and physically manipulating him as he walks accross the battlefield. So now all I had to do was... sculpt... that...

gallery_106203_14654_11727.jpggallery_106203_14654_6031.jpg

at this point I was just adding to the frame to give more for further green stuff to stick too. Oh and the keen eyed among you will noticed I used GW barbed wire for the frame. I figured that the green stuff would hold onto this wrapped wire better than any other wire I would use.

gallery_106203_14654_26780.jpg

Here you can see I had a crack at the face in the flames. At this point, while I was sort of happy with how the face was going, I wasn't convinced that I would be able to make the fire look good enough. Doing a few flames here and there is one thing, but I wanted him to look like he was on fire.

gallery_106203_14654_37258.jpggallery_106203_14654_49457.jpg

So this is how he ended up! I was pretty happy with the final result of the sculpt but I dont really have any idea if it will look any good once painted. I'm working on him now so... I guess we will soon see :blink.:

Edited by Pandoras Bitz Box