Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Starting Death Guard 1250 List Help

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Skorp

Skorp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 211 posts
So I've had dark imperium since it came out but havent given the death guard much love yet. I recently got a couple cheap bloat drones which have got me excited and I wanted to put together a 1250 point list to work toward for my death guard. I really like the abacus on the tallyman model and plan to pick one up. I'm also planning to pick up an easy to build box of plague marines to get me to an even 10. I'd like to pick up typhus, but he'll be a reward for getting some other stuff built and painted.

Here's what I'm thinking with what I have so far:

1250 Battalion

Lord of Contagion
Malignant Plaguecastor
Tallyman
20 Poxwalkers
5 Plague Marines
5 Plague Marines
3 Foetid Bloat Drones (2 deathspitters, 1 wheel)

From here I'm unsure what next. I could do a chaos rhino or dark vengeance hellbrute which I have. Mephitic blighthaulers or Plagueburst crawler? (which I dont have). What would yoh recommend for the rest of the list?

I ask myself what it means to be one of the Dark Angels. To protect mankind, purge the alien, cleanse the unclean? 

Checkmate77

Checkmate77

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 178 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

Rhino's are always good for at least for at least one or two PM squad to push up and get into position in midfield quickly and safely.  invest in a Foul Blight spawn to go with them as that is arguably one of our best character units right now.

I would convert the LoC to Typhus which will give you a lot more bang for your buck....the LoC right now is horrible, while Typhus gives you another psyche and buffs your Poxwalkers. 

As you already have a Helbrute, why not use him, especially if you incorporate more vehicle, Rhino and either MBH or PBC (you could go either way at this point but the popular choice seems to be PBC) it will force your opponent to pick and choose what he goes after.

Finally, I highly recommend a DP.  Yes, everyone is taking at least one (myself included) but that is because they are awesome.

Hope this helps.

Skorp

Skorp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 211 posts

Much thanks for the feedback Checkmate. I think with a helbrute and typhus I'm at 1248 points. I'll aim for a list like this:

1250 Battalion

HQ1 - Typhus

HQ2 - Malignant Plaguecaster

Elite 1 - Tallyman w/ Plasma Pistol

Elite 2 - Helbrute w/ Multi-Melta and Helbrute Fist

Troops 1 - 5x Plague Marines, 1x Plasma Gun

Troops 2 - 5x Plague Marines, 1x Plaguesword, 1x Powerfist

Troops 3 - 20x Poxwalkers

FA - 3x Foetid Bloat Drones, 1x Fleshmower, 4x Plaguespitters

Total: 1248/1250 points

Any final thoughts? I'd love to get a plagueburst crawler after that working up to 1500 points. Would probably go for a daemon prince also. Not sure I understand why the foul blightspawn is so good? Is it the revolting stench rule? 

Edited by Skorp, 22 May 2018 - 09:45 PM.

I ask myself what it means to be one of the Dark Angels. To protect mankind, purge the alien, cleanse the unclean? 

Clincher37

Clincher37

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 40 posts

The Blightspawn's weapon is what makes him so good. Average strength on 2D6 is a 7 so you're looking at D6 auto hitting shots on S7 on average, AP-3 Flat 3 Damage. A lot of players also either make him the warlord with Arch Contaminator or keep him near a warlord with Arch Contaminator so he's re-rolling those failed wounds too. Take a look around the boards here and you'll see tons of cases of the Blightspawn taking out insane stuff like super heavies. 

That said, sometimes you get unlucky like I do most of the time and roll a 3 for his strength and then sit there and be sad if you don't have any CP to re-roll it.

• Skorp likes this

Checkmate77

Checkmate77

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 178 posts

I second Clincher37's point.  The Foul stench rule is just gravy, it's his weapon that makes him a beast.  It can be a tad unreliable, but with an average STR of 7 you can do some massive damage to Monsterous creatures and vehicles.   My BS has taken out light vehicles single handedly with one burst. 

the problem you have right now (you have a good starting list right now IMHO) is that you have little mobility for a Blight Spawn if you took him.  When you expand to 1500 then we can talk. 

A PBC would be a good next addition to your list, for their points they are just awesome and will soak up a ton of your opponents fire power.  For Loadout, there are really two ways to go, either with two Spitters for the 2D6 auto hits, or the Entropy Cannons for additional AT support.  Problem is they don't hit very well, especially if you plan to move them, therefore many people prefer the Spitter build.  In the end, i'ts up to you. 

As you expand up, I would maybe looking at increasing the loadout of your PMs too to get the most out of them.  One of their best abilities is that they can take 3 special weapons (2 on the PMs, 1 on the Champ).  Right now, your PMs are not going to be doing much except holding objectives.  Don't get me wrong, this is fine....PMs are great at holding OBJs (especially if they're in cover too) due to how resilient they are.  In the end though, giving them some additional firepower will allow them to contribute a bit more to the game than simply sitting there and cheering on everyone else.  msn-wink.gif 

• Skorp likes this

Skorp

Skorp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 211 posts
Really appreciate the advise, thanks for your time guys. I'm excited to get these built up and painted.
  • Checkmate77 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users