Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshop -currently ETL focused-

Necrons Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch Dawn Blades WIP

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 516 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons

Heeeeeey Everybody, with the advent of ETL I've decided to open my own ETL plog.

So, some background.

I've been collecting for several years, playing off and on as I've found time/opponents. Space marines were my first army, and my first model was a land raider redeemer. It took me a year to build and paint the bloody thing (chassis assembly, mainly), by which point I had painted at least a few other models.

Soon after, necrons followed, led by a catacomb command barge. Soon after, they expanded, then everything kind of hit a halt for a while, both marines and necrons, but my love of lore-writing certainly did not. Somewhere in here I discovered the Bolter and Chainsword, joined, accidentally...well insulted isn't right, but had a very awkward moment with a mod, attempted the Iron Gauntlet (we're still waiting on that judgement, Olis, if you see this), and then that took me to day.

Dark Imperium was purchased when it came out, which prompted a flurry of new lore-scribblings about my chapter and the primaris, painted up, and has mostly sat dormant for lack of games to play.

ETL has inspired me to majorly expand my necrons, with a possible out-of-competition marine vow to finish a half-painted unit.

I'll try to be documenting everything from here on out. Photos of my collection in detail will follow, for now i will post my 'forum Christmas card' for a majorly out of focus shot.

2017 40k Christmas Card

Anyway, here's my current WIP progress vow for ETL.
One single character, this is my Deathmark Vizier Rezak the Executioner. I'm rather proud of the conversion work I've been able to do on the model, despite the fact it's mostly been done on his gun XP.

Rezak front
Rezak Back
Rezak Side

I won't always think to update this in future, so some prodding from anyone who reads may be helpful.

Cheers, D-P Lenoch.

• Captain Semper and OakRiver like this

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper.

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshop

There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts

ETL_Medal_01.gifETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_03_.jpggallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet

Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 1/7/1

Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 13,587 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
Promising start! Let’s see this army expanding! :tu:

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 516 posts

So, I completed my first ever ETL vow last week (yay!) but managed to forget to put it here. So, without, further ado, here is Rezak the Executioner, minor Overlord of the Crownworld of Seranon, of the Naculan Dynasty.

Rezak strode forth from the storm, holding his Synaptic Obliterator low by the handle. He flicked his wrist, and the weapon snapped up from its melee form, phased through the snow and his form, and slid comfortably into his shoulder. He relaxed, aimed, and fired a sniper blast that sent a trio of tyranid warriors down like ragdolls. Their Prime looked about, seeking where the blow had come from, and quickly went down as well as Rezak unleashed another shot.

That squad eliminated, he quickly phased through the outcrop to land in front of a horde of hormagaunts. A quick mental command reconfigured the choke of his weapon and he pumped two red scatterpulse shots into the tide of flesh in front of him. The light flashed and threescore fell with nary a sign of their passing, and then they were upon him.

The Obliterator was as adept at melee as it was at several kilometers distant, and in less than .32 millirotations Rezak held it like a quarterstaff, twin blades flashing in the snowy air. Before long, he had backup in the form of six of his Lychguard and two of his subordinates. Together, they made short work of the horde, and Rezak hadn't even needed to trigger his resurrection orb. Excellent.

"Phaeron, we have eliminated the tyranid's left flank on this battle. Warriors are clear to deploy."

"My thanks, Executioner. Begin backline harassment, we shall close this front shortly."

"As the phaeron commands."

Rezak complete front
rezak complete right
Rezak complete left
Rezak complete back

The photos look better on my phone, I swear, for some reason all the quality didn't transfer over when I uploaded the pics.

The snow on the model is intentional, as I quite like the effect it has. The model and the lore are from a tyranid invasion of Seranon, the crownworld. Expect the snow on the rest of my vows from here on out.

Now, I need all yall's help on something.

I codified my necron hierarchal paint schemes a while back in a paper notebook. I proceeded to lose the notebook and before beginning Rezak recodified them as best I could recall in a computer file. I've now found said notebook and need to reconcile the two. They've been spoilered to avoid clutter.

Notebook Scheme: 

Spoiler

New scheme:

Spoiler

Now, neither of these are inclusive. They don't include the triarch, nor non-Canoptek vehicles (i.e. a ghost ark). What are your thoughts?

Also, I am currently working on stripping stuff for my next vow. I'll post some pics here when that's done, esp. as a couple warriors are getting chassis upgrades to represent their exalted statuses.

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch, 18 June 2018 - 12:40 PM.

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper.

There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts

ETL_Medal_01.gifETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_03_.jpggallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 516 posts

I've finished stripping my second vow down, and have a picture of it, along with the two aforementioned exalted warriors. The vow consists of my Phaeron, his annihilation barge, a trio of scarab swarm bases, and eighteen plus two warriors. The two warriors on 32 mm bases without their rods are not part of the 'sqaud' as it happens, and are just tagging along to make a nice even twenty. They will be joining their brethern in another phalanx; the rest of the warriors are members of the 'Sarnakh's Favored' Phalanx. Lore will follow with the completion of the vow, or August 2nd, depending on which comes first, because I like suspense sometimes :D.

ETL vow 2

Vow as a whole. 

piff front
piff left
piff right

This model is Ruleen'okah, bastard son of one of the Phaeron's lychgaurd. After having part of his memory restored, he was given a blade from his father's armory, as well as chassis upgrades to mark his status as minor nobility and Warrior Prime of Sarnakh's Favored.

cryaid front
cryaid left
cryaid right

Meet Mekethist, assistant to the Cryptek Nakon. Heavy equipment has been granted to her to better serve the dynasty. 

This model is really top-heavy, I must say. I'm loathe to sacrifice a coin, though, so I am either going to have to find/make something suitable or accept that she's just gonna tip over sometimes.

Their phalanx will likely receive some work today, and I'll be sure to post progress pics.

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 516 posts

Progress! My scarabs are almost done, guys. However, I'm curious as to what you guys think of this. I washed these guys with Drakenhof Nightshade, but I'm not sure how it turned out. WHat are you guys thoughts on this?

The scarab base on the far left is one I painted before ETL.

scarabs

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Necrons, Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch, Dawn Blades, WIP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users