The cult and me.

Cognium

Greetings, I have gotten back into 40k and have changed focus from Admech to the Thousand Sons  ( mostly because magic is fun, and Im notoriously bad with technology, but do love my dead tree books and random knowledge.) Already got my first mini too ( snagged the BoP Ahriman for cheap) and i grabbed the codex from my FLGS ( whom warned me to look out for the wolves)

Now excuse me while I run from both of my friends who are wolves...   On that topic though whats possibly our best unit against them? I know one of my friends likes to pepper people with long fangs and other heavy weapons before going in for the kill. I figure our rubrics would be fairly good against that storm.. but what could help end them? 

Anyway, Hello.. I have much learning to do. 

Honestly any of our base units would work well.  Scarab Occult actually would be fairly good given our unique Strategem "Vengance for Prospero" which makes "Death to the False Emperor" proc on a 4+ on a dice roll....those scarabs look alot better in melee all of a sudden. 

Rubrics are fine, they kill marines dead consistently, along with anything not T8 or above lol

Goats are the standard for our horde-melee options, think of them as more survivable less-killy Ork Boyz. (2 attacks each, 5++ save) 

Any of those units would work fine. Space wolves are at an innate disadvantage due to being in the index still. 

I would say our best match ups are probably against other "elite/low model count" armies. Rubrics while over priced put in good work thanks to the inferno bolters and being able to mass cast Smite.

Warpflamers are expensive but against a melee centered army one or two per squad and you wouldn't go amiss, except the Scarab Occult Terminators. I would strictly stay away from the heavy warpflamer.

As mentioned we have that special strategem when you find yourself in melee, except beware Tzaangors dont have Death to the False emperor.

Welcome to the B&C and Sons :thumbsup: Do you have your colour scheme planned out yet?

Prob some version of my usual colors on things.   Some Shade of blue,   Bronze or Silver ( I dislike gold generally), and orange for highlights/glow. Id have to find someone to pain them though, My hands are far too shaky when it comes to fine detail, my one major flaw! (blessing?). The army growth will have to being later though.. money is always a thing.. 

I would say our best match ups are probably against other "elite/low model count" armies. Rubrics while over priced put in good work thanks to the inferno bolters and being able to mass cast Smite.

Warpflamers are expensive but against a melee centered army one or two per squad and you wouldn't go amiss, except the Scarab Occult Terminators. I would strictly stay away from the heavy warpflamer.

As mentioned we have that special strategem when you find yourself in melee, except beware Tzaangors dont have Death to the False emperor.

I actually had a convo with one of the wolf players. He was confused that I had to pay for my bolters... then I told them what they did. He was not a happy puppy. Mwahahahaha

Yes, you should look for wolves (extra bits) they make great base decorations ;) I'm sure you can work something out with your buddies.

Depending on how many vehicles the wolves use, you may want to look for a source of lascannons (dreadnoughts, allied havocs etc.)

Welp I broke down and dipped into my vacation funds cuz the burning of prospero was up for sale.. I can get the weapon bits to make it all work, and one of my wolf friends is even giving me a land raider he never painted.. so yay my little force begins to grow and take shape. 

Archived