Yautja Kill Team / WIP

Delta.Skies

After talking about vanguards in a previous post and wishlist bit shopping. Not to mention with some parts coming in. I've decided to do a killteam with the yautja complex (predator trophy hunters). Fluff wise to match my lore (all my DW are blachshields serving under an inquisitor for his purpose) these guys crave and thrive in combat. Experiencing multitude of battles against xeno races. They have no hate towards them but more respect for their skills. Worthy adversaries are taken as trophies and the yautja vets believe in bringing their fallen adversaries into battle with them as if they were purity seals. Starting off with vanguards to fill in my army I will be building a kill team afterwards. This will test my imagination and conversion skills. So I'll show the progression and hopefully my painting skills would bring this to life. So stay tuned. :)

Some of the parts came in today and I went to my bitz box to test run some ideas.

Like I said starting with my vanguards, this jump pack will be going on my sergeant. Challenged two reavers and took them out in one swoop.

gallery_105646_14362_418146.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_102392.jpg

Now for the head I have to fill it in and Ended up cutting my thumb pretty bad trying slot cut. But just test running this vet with a genestealer mouth that tried to ambush him and damn near killed him but he prevailed and took his jaw for it.

gallery_105646_14362_36773.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_292468.jpg

Gotta wait till Thursday for the legs torso and arms.

Also 2 sn: sorry for the blurred pics. Like I said I cut my thumb pretty bad

Another note, my inquisitor and deathwatch have a peace treaty with the tau. So you won't see trophies from them but more so enhancements due to trading and networking to learn from them and how they have been able to avoid the influence of chaos, a side from a few incidences...

Edited by Delta.Skies

Wow, scary looking conversions!  Does your concept include that they are working for a radical Inquisitor, because this feels like something on the very edge of loyalist to me! :happy.:

Wow, scary looking conversions!  Does your concept include that they are working for a radical Inquisitor, because this feels like something on the very edge of loyalist to me! :happy.:

Ive been thinking about it for a minute. 

I wanna say, the other Inquisitors believe him to be radical, since making treaties with Tau ( this will go in the lines of allying AM but converted to look like Gue'vesa ) and his lack of hate for Xeno races due to his biggest worries of Chaos infecting Xeno races. A hardship battle im sure he has within himself on whether he is doing the right thing or if its worth it.

However this is just a test run, and this helmet does look rather sinsiter, compared to trophy like loyalist, so i may scrap the helmet. The jumpack is for my sergeant, and i had more entailed for him. This was just mixing pieces. But it definitely lets me know I can not get too crazy with it or they will start looking like chaos marines quick. Just have to wait for the other parts to get here today or tomorrow.

Got some Vanguard legs, Sanguinary Torsos, Have to keep the helmets simple for the conversions, and space wolves power weapons and  pads

- with other bits from fallen adversaries that will be attached to said armor - 

And i think thats where the truly sinister look came from because its part of the helmet rather than attached.

But we will see where it goes. :)

So I got the rest of my pieces in today. And out of pure excitement bad news was sure to come. So I ordered tyranid parts, to possibly build a tyranid torso. Well because I failed to do my research. Didnt realize how huge tyranid warrior torsos were. So I tried to file it down.

gallery_105646_14362_30561.jpg

A size comparison, at first it was too fat, then I made him too thin, then I worked it out with blutac.

gallery_105646_14362_85654.jpg

But then I started to put him together and I was like bleh. This is not what I imagined. But I will let you guys decide what should I do. I might try on a gravis captain that I thought was going to be deathwatch and turn him into a captain.

gallery_105646_14362_431360.jpg

However I got into my flow and started working on my sergeant.

gallery_105646_14362_15711.jpg

The head is a necron overlord, and took a regular space marine. Drilled from the middle of his forehead at an angle then horizontally and pretty much just slid his head. Have to fill it in with GS but its minimum. Very happy with the look.

gallery_105646_14362_160664.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_196781.jpg

Decided not to over do it on the trophies when it came to HIS torso, and legs. But I think it turned out well. Hopefully yall can call out the rest of the pieces.

gallery_105646_14362_378212.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_99335.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_195360.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_381114.jpg

But yea, loved the turnout of the sergeant but I'm not too sure on the other model. All opinions and comments are appreciated. :)

Edited by Delta.Skies

Brainstorming the possibility of a Yautja themed DW or atleast a Watch Master or a Captain to go with a Kill Team. I realized i could hit a road block with making the Watch Captain and / or master standout. Not too pressed, but im throwing out ideas for the models.

Watch Captain

I really like the space wolves, but disliked the heads / helms they possessed. Will definitely try to throw a jet pack on him. Like the layout already and feels like he would be perfect alongside the Kill Team. I wouldnt have to do too much to him, for it would be kinda hard to throw trophies or enhancements on this guy. But we will see.

Watch Master

When thinking about the watch master and the concept I really want him to be menacing, sinister and look like he started the Code of The Yautja and stumbled across this model. (I think Chaos characters always had more thought put into them, and feel like this guy could fit in perfectly with a ton of shaving, i feel like he can definitely fit the bill.

My current Watch Master

Feel like i can do better in the conversion department with him, but honestly I had to wing it when i completely destroyed my primaris librarian model ( http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/346981-primaris-librarian-model/ ) 

I might try again with the primaris model but eh will save it for later.

Any ideas come to mind with the two models with the concept im going with feel free to share, Im having more brainfarts than anything and all is appreciated. :)

Late night session, decided to work on a 2 VV. I have to say things went a lot smoother with these two than the first go around.

SS / Chainsword Vet

- Used the tyranid warrior back piece for my shields, so they purchase wasnt a true fail. Have to GS a handle in, but not a problem.

- With the head, used an Orc ornament with a bare head, shaved down his porkchop side burns and pretty much just slid it in. While trying to file it down and slide it on the head, ended up poking a hole in the skully and just stuck with it. defeating a strong cyclops orc.

and pretty much, just filled him out after that. Through a wraithguard loincloth on the back that went well with the pose

Bolt Pistol / Chainsword Vet
- With the head, I just used a tyranid skull piece and SM Helm, attempted to measure out he placement, cut it half, and some drilling and filing to slot fill it in. Cut too much of it and pretty much where the blu tac is at is where GS will go to fill in in. High collar to hide the madness, but thought it looked menacing. Pretty happy with it, think the only problem i would have is possibly painting the eyes in the concept of his helmet.

Screenshot 20180526 110559 Gallery

Screenshot 20180526 110521 Gallery

Screenshot 20180526 110533 Gallery

- Once again, realized that it was better to keep the trophies simple to keep a loyalist feel for them / they havent killed enough worthy adversaries. Pretty much the shoulder is an orc onament / skull attached to the shoulder pad. Space Wolves chainswords have alot of skulls on them. Banner stand pole, and 2 Wraithguard cloths to represent that he is the standard bearer of the squad.

Screenshot 20180526 110629 Gallery

Screenshot 20180526 110641 Gallery

Very unique concept thus far, and I think your conversions are pretty cool overall! :)  I certainly wouldn't expect to see some of your bits combinations in practice, so you've definitely got something unique going.

Very unique concept thus far, and I think your conversions are pretty cool overall! :smile.:  I certainly wouldn't expect to see some of your bits combinations in practice, so you've definitely got something unique going.

Appreciate it Vel, after the vanguard, i'll be working on some Vets with a bit of the same concpet, but they definitely would be considered more experience ( stormbolters, melta guns and power lances ) and then watch captain and watch master when he comes in. But you will see the difference between the young bloods and the hunters of the Deathwatch.

Came across this guy on ebay, and had to get him. Hes pretty decked out already. But he is also dark angels heavy. Wondering how can i make him Deathwatch, let alone Yaujta. ( havent received him yet, won him this morning ) currently brainstorming.TBH he looks like a better watch master than what I have now. Not to mention i bought Warhammer 40k Chaos Crimson Slaughter Lord Krannon The Relentless with thoughts of turning him to a Yautja Watch Master, but now im undecided...  Any ideas or thoughts from you guys.

$_57.JPG

Edited by Delta.Skies

Wanted to show a preview of my "Blooded" Yautja Vets. The only unit I could throw stormbolters on and fit into my 2k list. These elite vets are my DS unit. That will include stormbolters, melta guns, vanguard vet and the guy on the far right is a black shield (I completely forgot I had a 6th vet in there when I placed my bit order. So I had to use different parts but I think I still tied him in.

gallery_105646_14362_150299.jpg

Edited by Delta.Skies

I get distracted easily, as you can see I still haven't painted my first unit in the back. Close but not done. (Trying to determine a proper highlight for that grey without it being to excessive for young blooded greyshields) anyways worked on my blooded VV for the unit above and for a strange reason I like him better than my necron overlord captain. Excuse the excessive blue tac. Had to exchange parts on a vet to keep him coherent to the wolves theme I'm trying to stick to for the unit.

gallery_105646_14362_438203.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_75382.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_241788.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_483835.jpg

Can't wait to take my time with these guys. Lot of lines to clean up. Tac to scrape off. And details to put into. But I've pretty much massed a 2k army within 2 months for half the cost. And everything is pretty much conversions and kitbashed so its gonna be a while.

Bolt pistol is amazing. I would steal This idea now:):smile.:!

appreciate that,  wasnt hard at all, just a good drill bit, got closer to the mouth, switched the drill bit to keep the jaw line in tact, sliced the bolt gun pretty much in half (keeping in mind where the clip is at. and pretty much just slid the head on. The thing that helped a lot, i used zap a gap glue. Just felt like it worked better. and of course, fills those tine gap lines in between.

Wanted to do a watch captain of the same concept. Toy around about (procrastinating on painting) I finally got him to stay in place. (Misaligned parts and crappy universal glue for dryfits) but honestly I kept trying to do more only to go back. So here is my Captain of The Blooded, Deepstriking in with my Kill Team.

gallery_105646_14362_416101.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_531790.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_767592.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_369997.jpg

Really dig him, I know I may run the confusion of him being a chaplain but I have something in store for that model. But yea sticking with the wolves concept. Used the model previously stated above with the dark vengeance interrogator head. A laurel that was annoying as hell to put on. Found a top knot, chaos terminator lord trophy rack. And a sanguinary wing and jumpack set to complete him. Hope you like

These guys are insane, definitely getting the bloodcrazed blackshield vibe here, though I do fear their loyalty to the Imperium is hard to realise. The first head you converted up with the Genestealer mouth is incredible, as is the bladed jump pack. Looking forward to seeing some paint on them.

These guys are insane, definitely getting the bloodcrazed blackshield vibe here, though I do fear their loyalty to the Imperium is hard to realise. The first head you converted up with the Genestealer mouth is incredible, as is the bladed jump pack. Looking forward to seeing some paint on them.

- Definitely appreciate that, yea they definitely pride themselves in upholding their code of honor through bloodshed. But through research, the Deathwatch have champions that take on challenges. So a bit of that, then always being fascinated with the predator series. Just a healthy combination of both ideas. And i like the fear, gives reason for playing mission. All of Deathwatch serve under an Inquisitor. So the inquisitor's vessels are they watch fortress. Constant space / warp travel would probably make anyone go crazy after a period of time.

Such creative use of bits!

I really like 'em, but can't get this meme out of my head...

Thanks man, Im really trying not to use green stuff as much as possible. A lil hard, trying to match up everything, but its coming together nicely as far as fitting.

Working on my watchmaster, using the Dark Vengeance Chaplain model, and i stumbled across a problem, his left hand and helmet. Due to his limited wargear options I really do not know what to do with his left hand.

Reference

As you see in the picture i have completely removed the circled parts (cutting the backpack off the cape literally took an hour) The guardian spear has been placed, but now im at odds on what should i model the left hand. I have the pointed finger, i like it but its cliche and would be my last choice and going against the direction he is walking. However it still goes with it nicely im just not truly gun ho about it. Thought about putting a lightning claw to represent his last arm and just considering it his clavis, but model wise you cant hold a spear with a lightning claw without crushing it right. Either way those are my only ideas on them. What do you guys think.

Also with the head, dont know if i wanna go with an older marine head, or helm. Or do I wanna deck it out like the rest of the guys. What do you guys think?

SN: I really thought Watchmaster had an stasis bomb, and the ball piece on his left leg was gonna be used for that. but only Artemis has this option :( Even looked at stratagems and relics and no luck to even match that.

Edited by Delta.Skies

Worked on my watchmaster using the rest of the dark vengeance interrogator chaplain model. Scrapped the arms. Really didnt want to, but there was no way to get the gaurdian spear hand fitted properly so a tear was shed. Hate cutting off good arms and shoulder pads but gw fault for having their hq models fused in so many places. Had to cut the fused back pack off which literally took an hour and careful cutting (trying not to cut the tip of my thumb off again). The head went to my captain and then I cut and saved the vents that were attached to the backpack. I had the hardest time trying to figure out what to do with his left arm. Limited war gear decreased my options and didnt want to do the classic pointing finger. Luckily one of my AM cadian shock troopers I got off Ebay had a guy holding an orc head (thanks to the guy who tried to fancy his troopers up) thus creating my watch master claiming a trophy from a worthy opponent. The trouble I came about was his head. To go, no helmet or helmet was the question. So I made a helm and used the watch master models head. Currently being voted on in a deathwatch group. May magnetize it, but wouldn't know how to go about it right now. (This model has a deeper space for the head to be sunken into and there is definitely no real room for error for his head would be sticking out too much.) So hope you like and opinions and comments are greatly appreciated.

gallery_105646_14362_167073.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_634005.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_236982.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_438670.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_204540.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_218766.jpg

And my watchmaster with helm...

gallery_105646_14362_48725.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_73681.jpg

You guys can be the judge to keep the helm or not

Edited by Delta.Skies

Changed my list up a bit and was able to throw a jump pack on my librarian. Wanted to keep him a bit clean from the trophy concept because you can't claim what you disintegrate.

Did a test run using flyer stems. Took my Artemis model and changed him around with 3 different backpacks.

gallery_105646_14362_10201.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_618148.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_451137.jpg

Then from enemy eye view

gallery_105646_14362_157948.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_42420.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_554171.jpg

Let me know what you guys think. I'm still undecided if I want to make him mystical or just keep him with a jetpack. But if I use the jet pack. He'll have more trophies