Yautja Kill Team / WIP

Delta.Skies

Daaamn, your Watchmasters shoulders are as wide as he is tall, which gives him an extremely badass look!

Personally, I'd go with the bare head since it helps give a greater sense of him as the old wise commander. I do have a bit of an issue with the mixing of the Space Wolf and Dark Angel iconography on the model though with the mixing of the SW skull totems with the DA cape seeming a bit odd... but overall it's a very cool kitbash!

As for the jump pack, I'd go with the first (standard jump pack)... the others don't look like they'd have enough "lift" and I'd expect the flames from the last version to be trailing off behind him if he were actually in motion... but that's just my humble opinion. Cool and creative work as always!

My two cents: the flame backpack is ace, and the Watchmaster should have the bearded head.

Appreciate it and thanks for the input, yea i think im boing with the no helmet

Daaamn, your Watchmasters shoulders are as wide as he is tall, which gives him an extremely badass look!

Personally, I'd go with the bare head since it helps give a greater sense of him as the old wise commander. I do have a bit of an issue with the mixing of the Space Wolf and Dark Angel iconography on the model though with the mixing of the SW skull totems with the DA cape seeming a bit odd... but overall it's a very cool kitbash!

As for the jump pack, I'd go with the first (standard jump pack)... the others don't look like they'd have enough "lift" and I'd expect the flames from the last version to be trailing off behind him if he were actually in motion... but that's just my humble opinion. Cool and creative work as always!

ahhh man trust i look at it every time, i like it, but i got the eagle on the right arm, wolf on the back, and the sword on the cape. And the concept is they are all blackshields and gave up their chapters. I wanna scrape it off but im reluctant to do so in fear of messing up when ive gotten so far. We will see, might look up tutorials on making fur but we will see.

I thought about the jumpack too, bulked him out a bit more, and gives me a chance to design it, but didnt want to let go of his eternal flames. Would throw in some fluff to maybe say because of his power, the eternal flames never alter or something. Still in the beginning stages of writing fluff.

I know yall are tired of seeing grey models and it's better to look at painted models but in all honesty I love building and creating than I do painting. Scrapped a whole squad cause I wanna go about it differently since starting this WIP. And out of curiosity do you dry fit every model in your unit and then paint or you paint as you go?

I think every model has taken me about 2 hrs to dry fit pieces together and what I want to do. But that is besides the point.

Wanted to do a wrist mounted frag cannon vet to match my deep strike yautja kill team. I didnt think with the stats of the frag cannon (being assault) match the weapon. So a bit of a test run that I'm probably gonna go with. I created a mobile frag cannon vet. With his wrist mounted cannon being the long range profile, and the backpack being the up close profile that I think matches well. A bit rough around the edges due to too much glue. But that can be cleaned up. Tell me what ya think, hope ya like.

gallery_105646_14362_340630.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_489784.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_579389.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_318360.jpg

Lower half was the color scheme, decided to change it up a tiny bit. Need more black so will be doing washes of *black* on grey and see how that goes

Edited by Delta.Skies

Working simultaneously on units, did a rework on my vet sergeant for my Kill Team, took the head from the vanguard (jet pack made it damn near impossible) and just threw some extra things on there to really make him stand out.

gallery_105646_14362_25441.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_70715.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_58668.jpg

been busy, so barely had time to build, yet alone paint. But out of spare time was able to work on a few models. one in particular that I had been planning to go with as my watchmaster using the

Chaos Crimson Slaughter Lord Krannon The Relentless model ending up turning into my chaplain ie Keeper of The Yaujta Code.

gallery_105646_14362_481073.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_25381.jpg

Like stated in the idea post, wanted something menacing, damn near sinister, just something to show that they live by this. And this model spoke to me. Infused trophies in his armor, and tying in with the theme. Keeper of The Code is the one that honors and anoints young bloods into blooded and so on.

gallery_105646_14362_637050.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_603878.jpg

He is one of oldest of the company, and his worn torn armor proves it.

Took ALOT of cutting, filling, scraping, sanding, and near misses to get all of the really noticable chaos iconography.

Cut the right arm out hollow and used a deathwatch arm and dark vengeance interrogator chaplain weapon

Head is from FW blood Angel's sprue, was using it as my first inquisitor but I broke all those parts down. Wanted his helmet to scream ancient hunter so I took horns from a chaos terminator lord (cause I couldn't find the original head in the hotel) and attached them.

Left arm is a spacewolf sword arm. Really had to Frankenstein it to get that left arm to work in the pose I was going for.

Still debating a backpack for him

And had to throw a book on his right side due to taking a lot of chaos stuff off. But liked it, keeper of the code would keep his bible on him right?

Anyway hope you like

That's some serious kitbashing! I hope you didn't need to use too many bandages on the fingers after that... ;)

I like that backpack on him, it brings in just a little more of the Deathwatch feel with the =I= symbols.

That's some serious kitbashing! I hope you didn't need to use too many bandages on the fingers after that... :wink:

I like that backpack on him, it brings in just a little more of the Deathwatch feel with the =I= symbols.

i was surprised my self how i didnt cut my fingers, just near misses. One thing i did learn .... do not use thin superglue... as i see in the pictures now it really does cause messes, takes away some details and looking at it now, i have a fair amount of cleaning up and smoothing out some things. And im glad you agree on the back pack cause I was at odds on what to do with it, since Ive broken down my watchmaster model so much.

Are those wrist mounted storm bolters just the ones from the Grey Knights termies? They look boss. 

yea they're from the strike force pack. they are kindof annoying because there are only like 2 or 3 good poses of stormbolters and are definitely meant for power lances (halberds) Should have just bought the box set with the amount of bits im using from them. Im about to just start cutting where the mount meets the arm and frankenstein it to other arms for right hand storm bolters for my shield bearers. 

Started painting last night, with an idea but then got lost in the mix of things. I wanted a greyish black more so, but not a solid grey. more like a worn out black (weathered) but im having a hard time on the next step to clean it up.

I did a base coat grey

- wash of abadon black

- drybrush vallejo grey

- then ink wash with nuln oil

which gave me this...

gallery_105646_14362_54746.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_34196.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_57405.jpg

Now im kindof stumped on where to go from here, or how can i clean it up. Any tips you guys can give to steer me in the right direction.

FYI im going gold instead of silver, there will still be silver in the mix, just arm wise, crest and etc will be gold.

I agree with Ahistorian, the black might look a bit grey at this point but it really depends on how it works against whatever colours (and more specifically the shades) you choose. I'm not the best painter, and it really depends on the balance between detail and speed that you want to hit, but I like doing the same approach of starting at a mid-to-dark tone (grey), washing down with black, highlighting up with grey, and then toning down the highlights with another wash. There's really only two things I might consider at this point, targeted black washes in the armour creases and very thin (side of the brush) highlights on the sharpest armour panel edges.

Do you want the armour to look dusty, unpolished, and worn (which seems to go with your spooky / scary kitbash aesthetic) or polished shiny black like the "standard" GW scheme (which I think looks really sharp but too cartoon-ish and time consuming)?

Edited by mjrwaud

I agree with Ahistorian, the black might look a bit grey at this point but it really depends on how it works against whatever colours (and more specifically the shades) you choose. I'm not the best painter, and it really depends on the balance between detail and speed that you want to hit, but I like doing the same approach of starting at a mid-to-dark tone (grey), washing down with black, highlighting up with grey, and then toning down the highlights with another wash. There's really only two things I might consider at this point, targeted black washes in the armour creases and very thin (side of the brush) highlights on the sharpest armour panel edges.

Do you want the armour to look dusty, unpolished, and worn (which seems to go with your spooky / scary kitbash aesthetic) or polished shiny black like the "standard" GW scheme (which I think looks really sharp but too cartoon-ish and time consuming)?

I agree with the both, the insipiration came from ....

http://the-scythes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/inq_marine_black.jpg

This is a bit grey, but i wanted to follow along the lines of this concept. i do wanna do the dusty unpolished look and you rise in the ranks it gets a bit more polished. The gradual level would be slim, but my Clan Leader ( watchmaster ) wouldnt be as worn as say as my Young Bloods, or my Blooded would closely relate but they are more elite and would have more of a elite hunter feel. I know for sure i didnt wanna follow suit of the Classic black armor. However i know im not on the professional level of adding hints of turquoise to produce a metalic shine and what not.

This was the original color scheme before i started this concept....

gallery_105646_14362_1037390.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_719425.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_568614.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_545052.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_655875.jpg

Librarian

gallery_105646_14362_802714.jpg

I liked the concept, and it may be applied to this concept specially since the gold i applied was more rustic older feel, but will be putting more silver into the mix of the DW arm and accent parts of the armor. Specially with trophies and skulls would support Ahistorian 's suggestion, may be a lil difficult to apply it once the other other colors get thrown in, but I think if i dull down the other colors like before i may blend well.

Forcing myself to continue painting with patience. Skipping on working on the armor rn till I get a sense of color. Currently working on left arms and testing gold on them. Will tone it down with ink washes to get that ulrashine off since I have no idea how to go about nmm and will leave that to the professionals...

gallery_105646_14362_404382.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_377319.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_114980.jpg

hopefully this works out the way I want. :)

took an unnecessary break from painting and to satisfy my kitbashin itch. So I made the infamous watch captain in terminator armor with combi melta and powerfist melta.

Used the gravis captain model cause I jumped the gun thinking deathwatch was gonna get him so I had to put him to use. A decorated champion he has been awarded distinctive terminator armor. And the sword & shield is for decoration.

gallery_105646_14362_333871.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_237597.jpg

Probably put the most work into the gun. Chaos terminator combi bolter. Cut the the blade out. Threw and underslung combi melta piece on there. Removed the chaos arrow. Keeping the feeder faces cause I thought that was cool either way. Threw an purity seal on one side and an eagle emblem on the other.

gallery_105646_14362_252879.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_113410.jpg

Didnt want to give him a backpack cause he's suppose to be a terminator not a gravis. But felt like it was a little plain. Recently received the citadel skull box and wanted to throw the biggest skull on his back. Hence the reason he is a captain in terminator armor. But it was just annoying to even attempt. The model itself is a bit annoying when trying to place a bare head in there. So I have a good bit of AoS shields i purchased for storm shields. So i used one. Found a decent skull out of the set. Used one of the misses broken necklaces to wrap it. Made some cuts and scrapes and bullet holes and there we have it. The power fist melta was pretty simple. I had a gripe about the melta being longer than the power fist (rant should be the last post in watch captain load out thread) so went with a smaller melta. Wish I had a more dynamic arm to position this so if you guys have any ideas on that feel free to share.

gallery_105646_14362_66053.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_78116.jpg

Two of my favorite pieces is the ork gunsight. Placed it there to be a run on joke lore wise and to just grab the attention of people. It's really a WW2 or 1 or whatever weapon sight in the future on this big gun. And the ork head as a knee pad felt pretty cool to me. Once again from the skull set. Cut and drill and it fit pretty nicely on there.

A little bit of lore now. No names till they get painted.

This watch captain is next up to be watchmaster. He is currently captain of the Elite Blood Hunters. He has personally survived 4 space hulk

Missions. Led the charge on many expeditions and even has taken on and defeated a hive tyrant where a dreadnought had fallen giving him his last honor of his own personal terminator armor. His only regret, not being able to take its head back.

In order for him be the Yaujta Watchmaster he must challenge to watchmaster to hand to hand combat, that he knows would be his greatest challenge and the hunter knows it is all about patience.

Edited by Delta.Skies

I just turned my Gravis Capt into a veteran Aggressor -- I wish I'd thought of this -- this is far cooler. I like the shape of the aggressor body without the big pack -- it looks pretty cool.

Where is that head from -- I'm not familiar with it and I quite like the eye scars.

I just turned my Gravis Capt into a veteran Aggressor -- I wish I'd thought of this -- this is far cooler. I like the shape of the aggressor body without the big pack -- it looks pretty cool.

Where is that head from -- I'm not familiar with it and I quite like the eye scars.

intercessors head i found on ebay. and yea the backpack would have left in in the gravis department. I really wanted to put the hugest skull from the skull box on him, but it was not fully possible and didnt align right.

Stumbled on this, so my thoughts quickly..!

The amount of genius in this thread is borderline madness.  Your choice of bits and how to realise what you envisioned is utterly enviable - by me at least.

Continue!

MR.

Stumbled on this, so my thoughts quickly..!

The amount of genius in this thread is borderline madness. Your choice of bits and how to realise what you envisioned is utterly enviable - by me at least.

Continue!

MR.

Appreciate it man. That means alot. Gotta step my painting game up though. Will soon be working on terminators soon.