Yautja Kill Team / WIP

Delta.Skies

Put in my order to create yaujta terminators last night, and pretty excited to create it. Even tried to create a list off of it. But either way a bit of a prologue since im a bit bored at work. Wanted to do a slimmer elite Terminators. More for hunting rather than staying put and dishing out dakka. So they would need more of a lighter tactical armor. If custodes can, why cant my fluff have an alternative.

t4m3VJt.jpg

A recent thread solidified my theme with this, and was the inspiration. another form of inspiration was the hector rex conversion. pretty much the same parts, but a good amount of green stuff was applied to hector. cant remember if it was on here or not. 

Will mostly be using Adeptus Custodes Arms & Legs. GK Termie torsos. and ???? for the heads ( kindof have multiple ideas but we will test them out but for now will keep it a surprise)

Debating about using Storm Eternal shoulder pads, but do not know how they will fit onto marine / custodes arms but I will have back up.

Also have this thing that i want to dignify the sergeant. Super excited about this idea, but he is next to be captain of the Elder Bloods (think that goes, shrugs) and there is a reason for it. Just gonna give you a hint.... and let ya mind wonder. Hope this works out the way i have it envisioned. Wish me luck

s-l1600.jpg

Is the Tyranid head meant be worn as a war mask, to terrify a Deathwatch Marine's opponents? Or just mounted on a trophy rack on his back?

If im able to work it right, I think you would like. But im not saying till i do. Just dropping a hint. :)

so I got my pieces in today. And went to work on the sergeant. I got a lil carried away and pretty much created another hq. Which then created fluff.

Watch sergeant of the Death Reapers (sounds better then elder bloods). The Death Reapers of the Yaujta are the elite of the clan. Facing 10x more than Blooded and challenge the mightiest of the mightiest. Every Death Reaper is a captain on it's own right and every reaper is eagered to be one. But to be the captain of the Death Reapers you have to beat the standing captain and that is more dangerous than facing any xenomorph. The sergeant is next up to be captain and he is bidding his time but there are more important things than ambition. So a bit of fluff to match the model. Hope you like :)

gallery_105646_14362_299210.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_601492.jpg

- so the sizing of the head caught me off guard, and I really didnt know what to do. I have to close alot of stuff up from the head to the weapon. The the hole inside is a bit bigger than the blade. But overall it went well, gave it a dark souls character.

gallery_105646_14362_125615.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_286368.jpg

- allurus cape was annoying. I put termie crotch plates as their hip guards and they are custodes legs. It just didnt fit like I wanted it too. Though a bit of bending and pressing I got it where I liked it. The back piece was me using the extra pieces from the tyranids warriors. He felt slim holding this weapon so i bulked him out perfect fit tbh

gallery_105646_14362_509959.jpg

Tried to make a slash in his eye from a slicing blow, but it didnt work as well as I wanted. Have to research this more. I did put a bullet hole on the other side. Not the one that killed him but the one that secured it ...

Also that's a kroot skull couldn't add much else. there's alot of details in the armor and what not .

Well off to finish the rest of the squad.

So working on the regular Reapers I ran into a problem I knew I was going to have after finishing the sergeant. He just doesnt compare to the serg in the aesthetics. For one I really dislike stagnant poses and the custodes leg poses arent really diverse. Same goes for their arms. If I had built him first I believe I would have been more appreciative of it. Also note. I think they all need capes. They're standing tall. A bit top heavy (which I wanted in a way) but without much on their backs its kind of bleh. So I'll be doing more bit shopping. Enough babbling before hand...

gallery_105646_14362_70387.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_40619.jpg

Like I said stagnant pose, head is from thousand sons termie set, been staring at those heads for the longest. Rather menacing to me. Stormbolter is two boltguns shaved and thrown together. First boltgun conversion and I'm ok with it. Needs a drum mag. Arms are custodes. Right shoulder pad is ravenwing mechanicus with the gear filed off (matched the death reapers title)

gallery_105646_14362_489016.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_152068.jpg

Back was too plain so I found a random piece, think it hangs off a Space Wolf Dreadnought. Realized my axes in my bits boxes were fairly small. Had one sanguinary axe left, used it with a halberd and attached the end of the axe to it as well. Nothing too fancy but I think I wanna overdo it. Also noticed. Terminator hands are way bigger than marine hands. That was annoying. Will have to find left hands when I go looking.

Also top piece is from interrogator chaplain model. Just filling him out some more. It's also harder to add trophies cause of ALL THE ICONOGRAPHY!!! But I did that to myself so they all wouldn't look ththe same as a whole. With the helms and crude weapons I think I will catch the appeal.

gallery_105646_14362_194123.jpg

Rn have the Watch Captain of The Death Reapers with combi melta gun and power fist melta gun. Sword and shield is for decoration. Watch Sergeant of The Death Reapers with Power Axe and Stormbolter (wrist mounted) was going for lance for the +2 strength but this weapon screams out AP shredder. Then a Death a Reaper with storm bolter and power axe. Next up will be a lance, another power axe, and then a power maul. Maul and Lance's have the same stats so I just wanted variety. Thought of powe fist and chainfist. But those weapons didnt match the fluff. Elite killers -1 to hit.... nahhh....I'll keep my 3s and CP.

gallery_105646_14362_344192.jpg

And then my Blooded vets in termie armor. Dont know if I showed them or not, but they are my first ever built termies. :)

Hope you enjoyed tonight, if there are any ideas I'm open to them. Will be shopping around. Seeing what khorne & deathguard have in there arsenal first. Thanks for reading and appreciate the comments. :)

So working on the regular Reapers I ran into a problem I knew I was going to have after finishing the sergeant. He just doesnt compare to the serg in the aesthetics. For one I really dislike stagnant poses and the custodes leg poses arent really diverse. Same goes for their arms. If I had built him first I believe I would have been more appreciative of it. Also note. I think they all need capes. They're standing tall. A bit top heavy (which I wanted in a way) but without much on their backs its kind of bleh. So I'll be doing more bit shopping. Enough babbling before hand...

gallery_105646_14362_70387.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_40619.jpg

Like I said stagnant pose, head is from thousand sons termie set, been staring at those heads for the longest. Rather menacing to me. Stormbolter is two boltguns shaved and thrown together. First boltgun conversion and I'm ok with it. Needs a drum mag. Arms are custodes. Right shoulder pad is ravenwing mechanicus with the gear filed off (matched the death reapers title)

gallery_105646_14362_489016.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_152068.jpg

Back was too plain so I found a random piece, think it hangs off a Space Wolf Dreadnought. Realized my axes in my bits boxes were fairly small. Had one sanguinary axe left, used it with a halberd and attached the end of the axe to it as well. Nothing too fancy but I think I wanna overdo it. Also noticed. Terminator hands are way bigger than marine hands. That was annoying. Will have to find left hands when I go looking.

Also top piece is from interrogator chaplain model. Just filling him out some more. It's also harder to add trophies cause of ALL THE ICONOGRAPHY!!! But I did that to myself so they all wouldn't look ththe same as a whole. With the helms and crude weapons I think I will catch the appeal.

gallery_105646_14362_194123.jpg

Rn have the Watch Captain of The Death Reapers with combi melta gun and power fist melta gun. Sword and shield is for decoration. Watch Sergeant of The Death Reapers with Power Axe and Stormbolter (wrist mounted) was going for lance for the +2 strength but this weapon screams out AP shredder. Then a Death a Reaper with storm bolter and power axe. Next up will be a lance, another power axe, and then a power maul. Maul and Lance's have the same stats so I just wanted variety. Thought of powe fist and chainfist. But those weapons didnt match the fluff. Elite killers -1 to hit.... nahhh....I'll keep my 3s and CP.

gallery_105646_14362_344192.jpg

And then my Blooded vets in termie armor. Dont know if I showed them or not, but they are my first ever built termies. :smile.:

Hope you enjoyed tonight, if there are any ideas I'm open to them. Will be shopping around. Seeing what khorne & deathguard have in there arsenal first. Thanks for reading and appreciate the comments. :smile.:

I think they're quite great - I think the Custodes legs could use a bit of tweaking ( maybe removing / replacing some of the icons ) but I do like them. Your non-sgt is still quite good and you don't want them to stand out quite as much even in a force of individuals. When I finally get working again I've got a completely opposed look planned for my troops -- almost all iconography gone and plain armour with lots of extra gear for that 'operator special forces' look -- I have to admit I'm somewhat jealous of the sheer variety you're getting out of your DW killteam.

I think they're quite great - I think the Custodes legs could use a bit of tweaking ( maybe removing / replacing some of the icons ) but I do like them. Your non-sgt is still quite good and you don't want them to stand out quite as much even in a force of individuals. When I finally get working again I've got a completely opposed look planned for my troops -- almost all iconography gone and plain armour with lots of extra gear for that 'operator special forces' look -- I have to admit I'm somewhat jealous of the sheer variety you're getting out of your DW killteam.

I agree with you on the iconography. I think it will stay on the sergeant, but the rest, think im gonna file the legs down. I want to file the gut plate down (that was annoying in the first place fitting the torso on. throw some skulls and accessories on em. still gonna go with the capes though, but they will all be different (mainly due to the cost of em, they are like 3 - 6 a piece) but will be putting in another order at lunch time, will show up tomorrow. And the reason theres alot going, is I kitbashed evvvveerrryyyything. the only box i bought was the cadian troop box and thats just because we were at the GW store for the first time since starting back on my bday and the misses was like pick something. Other than that just extensive time on ebay bit shopping, only shop with about 3 shoppers, so im still limited a bit. But i have a bit seller that stays in the same state so thats a plus.

Edited by Delta.Skies

Where do you source your bits from? I have issues finding lots in one spot to knock it all out at once

Ebay - seller:window-box

He sells in the same state so I get next day delivery. Slightly pricey, due to the bottom dollar being $1 for single items. But he tends to update his inventory once or twice a month. However he's the only bit guy on Ebay that will sell 1 piece. Everybody else I've encountered sells in bulk mostly. 2nd seller is hoardobits. Bout the only 2. Hobby titan (bitsworld) charges additional $ when you add bits. Then I usually cross reference price tween the 2.

It's been only 3 times since I've ordered overseas bits but they usually take 2 weeks to come with no tracking and I've lost a package before. Hope this helps

I love this squad. What you’ve done is truly inspirational but I personally can’t get past the chaplains head. I t just seems too... Chaos to me. I think even if the brow trim was trimmed down to eliminate the ‘peaks’ it could work.

But I’m being super picky in saying that. I would love to paint a squad like that. It’s got amazing potential, heck if GW put out a kit like that I’d definitely buy it!

Parts came in today and decide to revise the reaper (terminator) that I didnt fully like.

gallery_105646_14362_68889.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_97212.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_606114.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_333406.jpg

Reworked this guy with a deathguard axe, and chaos terminator storm bolter. Threw a demon prince tabard on his back as a cape and threw some tyranid horns on his back to fill him out. The last picture is a readjustment of his right arm. Second revision had it pointing straight and I just didnt vibe with it. So took the first arm I made, did some cutting and now it's off to the side a bit.

To finish off the night I finished another reaper that is my second fave due to what I envisioned in the first place. He was fun and annoying to build cause I can never "dry fit" two handed weapons. I use universal glue and tac to get them to stick without slipping but I'm still able to get it off. Needless to say I'm sure you can see where I had to rework it. But they will all get cleaned up before painting. Hope you like this guy as much as I do.

gallery_105646_14362_272067.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_316810.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_312601.jpg

The lance was the most fun. 2 GK termie halberd hilts to make a + then 3 stormcast eternal blades to make the blade itself. One long two short blades

gallery_105646_14362_83964.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_229700.jpg

Cape was also a pain, had another allarus cape that wouldn't fit. A thousand sons sorcerer cape that would not bend to fit between the shoulders and head so I opted out for a chaos terminator cape that was intended for my rough draft inquisitor. I love the pose, demeanor and weapon and say it came out well due to the minor troubles I had putting pieces together. Well i hope you like. All comments and suggestions are always welcome. Thanks for reading :)

Just went through the whole thread such a cool concept, loving the Death Reaper Terminators! The revised terminator looks much better with the added bulk, but man that new terminator looks stunning. Such a dynamic pose, and fantastic choice of bits! Looking forward to seeing more!

I love this squad. What you’ve done is truly inspirational but I personally can’t get past the chaplains head. I t just seems too... Chaos to me. I think even if the brow trim was trimmed down to eliminate the ‘peaks’ it could work.

But I’m being super picky in saying that. I would love to paint a squad like that. It’s got amazing potential, heck if GW put out a kit like that I’d definitely buy it!

Ahh naw man you good, the model is from the chaos line itself, so for you to just say the head. I have no problem with that at all. lmao. in all honesty the horns i just tossed on there. utilizing recently purchased bits. Hell that head was intentionally meant for my inquisitor when i got back started into 40k hobby wise. I wanted to do him in a head dress or something to show him to being ancient. Was thinking in the sense of the movie AVP when the elders came down to do give her a trophy weapon, and you could physically tell he was older, wiser, and older. And if you wanna paint hell come on down, im reluctant to do so, dont wanna mess them up, and I havent been painting miniatures long, I just know colors and paint itself. So still a learning experience for me.

Just went through the whole thread such a cool concept, loving the Death Reaper Terminators! The revised terminator looks much better with the added bulk, but man that new terminator looks stunning. Such a dynamic pose, and fantastic choice of bits! Looking forward to seeing more!

Aww man greatly appreciate it coming from you. Like i said you were the inspiration for this with your Inquisitor model and i just wanted to run some termies like this. You, pintrest and the madness sparked it up, and it  just kicked in and luckily its been coming together. Just need to be more clean and patient with it. (shows glued fingers) but definitely appreciate it man. :)

An intermission for progression. Saturday was the misses day so this is what I was able to get out ...

gallery_105646_14362_682531.jpg

Pretty much the pieces I'm trying to dry fit together. Just going though the complication on finding the right place to put the left side of the cape on the left shoulder. Working it out but we are getting there. Wanted to keep the iconography on this guy. Didnt want to do the same thing over and over but gw will have some pizazz to him since I have more space to work with.

gallery_105646_14362_558845.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_8043.jpg

- working on the nace was quite fun. Took me forever to find the exact same blades. Just the power swords from the deathwatch upgrade sprue. Hammers are from stormcast cut by the half. By this time I was tired and lost glue control so forgive me for the dry glue spots and ugliness of it all. I promise everything will be scrapped and cleaned.

Had to cut the cape cause of the torso and legs. It's annoying but worth it. All of them are a bit taller than the bulky regular termies. But I like them like that fits the lore.

I tried to do something different with the stormbolter but it just didnt work out. So I kept it regular.

Wish me luck on the progression:)

Finished the dryfit on one reaper. Tbh a pain in the ass putting random pieces together. ALOT of cleaning up I have to do on all of them. But I'm sure you guys understand the fitting room process. The only problem I have is trying to fit the other side of the cape onto the dw shoulder pad. All in all. Excuse the mess. Hope you like.

gallery_105646_14362_261915.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_464978.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_376204.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_71541.jpg

- SN: trying out heads did a bit of switching to the first model. Wanted to humanize him a lil since he very much so had a chaos appeal to him -

gallery_105646_14362_230458.jpg

Hope you like. Btw does anybody have another form of cleaning these guys up. Thinking bout getting a mold line remover because the blade I just dont think is cutting it. All comments are appreciated

Always the place to see some inspired kitbashing. The custodes legs mixed with grey knight torsos really works well to make them look more agile than typical terminators, and all the gruesome embellishments really make them your own!

Well done!

I had the same trouble with that exact same cloak, and the only solution I found (aside from green stuff, which I'm terrible with) was to tweak the shoulder positions and gently bend it until the curve matched DW pauldron... not a perfect solution but it'll look fine after painting.

I'm a bit obsessive about mould lines not a fan of the mould line remover, it's not precise enough for the small spaces. There's really no substitute for a small-bladed x-acto knife and patience. 

Always the place to see some inspired kitbashing. The custodes legs mixed with grey knight torsos really works well to make them look more agile than typical terminators, and all the gruesome embellishments really make them your own!

Well done!

I had the same trouble with that exact same cloak, and the only solution I found (aside from green stuff, which I'm terrible with) was to tweak the shoulder positions and gently bend it until the curve matched DW pauldron... not a perfect solution but it'll look fine after painting.

I'm a bit obsessive about mould lines not a fan of the mould line remover, it's not precise enough for the small spaces. There's really no substitute for a small-bladed x-acto knife and patience. 

Appreciate it man, and thats what I was thinking. In my head fluff wise, they pride themselves too much to be hunkered down with heavy guns that would limit them (-1 to hit) when challenging their foes. The only thing i left bulky was there arms, and that was pretty much to compensate for how big their weapons are.

But now since working on these guys, I really wanna work on my Watch Captain In Terminator Armor. Think I can do better than before, and atleast look coherent. May go Allarus terminator body, but i will have to do some research and ask questions in that board. But we will see.

It also took a lot of bending to get it there. I even cut the cape (may have jumped the gun on the cape cutting ) cause i thought it was gonna run into the body, so its a lil slimmer than normal. But even then i think the cape is thicker than the trim on the DW shoulder pad. We will see, thanks for the suggestion.

And i may just need to buy more exacto blades, nothing like cutting with a knew blade. :)

Finishing up the last guy decided to take my time. Kept him simple as far as trophies but still menacing if I do say so myself. Pretty much no problems. Squad is finished dry fit wise. Now off to do the revision of the watch captain cause he seems too bulky for the squad and I have a spare stormcast model that I might use or see about putting him in allarus terminator armor (still researching)

gallery_105646_14362_222445.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_133122.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_358719.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_289013.jpg

Death Reapers

gallery_105646_14362_30446.jpg

Brainstorming ideas for a re visioned Watch Captain, ended up switching heads to see what could fit if i used this and that madness. Thought about this, and decided to post.

gallery_105646_14362_27932.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_30121.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_14872.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_64466.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_97201.jpg

Thinking about revising my watch captain in terminator armor, although I like him, didnt think he fit all that well with the Death Reaper squad. While browsing about on here I came across

TURBULENCE's WIP and it sparked some ideas.

IMG_20180618_191145.jpg

IMG_20180618_191159.jpg

His primaris chaplain is pretty awesome, but his shoulder pad is what lit the fuse. Without duplicating his, I set about my own way. On the right shoulder of every Death Reaper is pretty much the primaris chaplain head. With the fluff to match my watch captain he was awarded special armor that made him stand out from the army. This then all came together.... IE the captain of the Death Reapers would receive distinctive Death Reaper armor.

Now how to make him look like the rest and be a terminator is the hard part. I have purchased the primaris chaplain model. purchased another lot of GK termie torsos

s-l500.jpg

Now im praying to god that the bulk of the primaris torso can receive the back end of the GK Termie torso, if not we will figure something out. Will fill out the waist line, the legs are pretty straight, and the arms I have something special lined up. He will not have the back pack. and the only thing I have to reference is Deathwing Knights. So if you guys have any suggestions please let me know what is up or anything to help make this happen.

As always thanks for reading.