Imperial Knight Titan recommendation?

Hello everyone!  With the new Imperial Knight codex coming out soon, I have been checking pricing in my area for the kits.  I have two Armigers from Forgebane, so I definitely would enjoy running some Knights with my AdMech, and eventually by themselves.  I realize this question is highly dependent on what else I field, but for a novice knight player, what would you all recommend as the "first" knight to get?  I am unfamiliar with the kits and don't know if you can get one and magnetize it for everything or if there are separate kits (I see two different prices on the Games Workshop website).  Thanks!

There are basically two kits. One contains the parts for the Thermal cannon and RFBC, the other ALSO has the Avenger etc.

Basically, the more expensive one allows you to make the Crusader - which I suspect most people would agree is the one to aim for if you only intend on investing in one Knight. It's just the most bang for your buck.

Magnetise that Knight, and you'll be able to make EVERY Knight variant from that one kit anyway :)

Yeah, don't bother with the cheap paladin one. If you magnetize the warden kit (and it is really easy to do) you can play every variant the the new codex offers. 

I think the paladin box has been retired now, although some store may still stock them.

Honestly, it's a cliché but rare earth magnets are your friend.

I bought 50 6mm diameter, 3mm depth magnets on eBay before for 6 quid.

All the weapons are getting magnetised and then I can chop and change as I please depending on what's good in the codex.

As for what to take, first big knight on my list is always a crusader. The thermal cannon is probably the better choice, but I love the battlecannon for number of shots

Somebody mentioned that the Renegade boxed might be available with the new codex. I'm not sure how likely this is but if this is true buy that box. One paladin, one warden and terrain - it was really a bargain. 

Somebody mentioned that the Renegade boxed might be available with the new codex. I'm not sure how likely this is but if this is true buy that box. One paladin, one warden and terrain - it was really a bargain.

Imperial Knight: Renegade was on the managers release list I saw.

As long as it isn't a book, or they pull it, we should see it again.

Imperial Knight: Renegade was on the managers release list I saw.

As long as it isn't a book, or they pull it, we should see it again.

I'm going to hope for a book... or at least an expanded version of that boxed game. Sorry folks! :P

The Renegades boxed game was a real bargain for what you got in it. But us filthy heretics need some rules love! It's been nice being able to hose you all down with a pair of Avengers, but I'm starting to call Shenanigans over these stratagems, Castillans, Armigers etc you all now seem to fielding... :P

I'm going to hope for a book... or at least an expanded version of that boxed game. Sorry folks! :tongue.:

The Renegades boxed game was a real bargain for what you got in it. But us filthy heretics need some rules love! It's been nice being able to hose you all down with a pair of Avengers, but I'm starting to call Shenanigans over these stratagems, Castillans, Armigers etc you all now seem to fielding... :tongue.:

*grumbles* Double Avengers.... I want that on my Imperial Knights.... *grumbles*

I'm going to hope for a book... or at least an expanded version of that boxed game. Sorry folks! :tongue.:

The Renegades boxed game was a real bargain for what you got in it. But us filthy heretics need some rules love! It's been nice being able to hose you all down with a pair of Avengers, but I'm starting to call Shenanigans over these stratagems, Castillans, Armigers etc you all now seem to fielding... :tongue.:

*grumbles* Double Avengers.... I want that on my Imperial Knights.... *grumbles*

Who knows, maybe we'll get a "Freeblade" codex entry that has no <KNIGHT HOUSE> keyword but is free to chose its two weapons?

Archived