Leman Russ Conqueror Battle Cannons

Hi guys,

So I've recently gotten my hands on the forgeworld imperial armour book and I want to use Leman Russ Conquerors for their battle cannons, but they're now out of production.

How have you converted it, because I've been considering chopping off the tip of the main battle cannon or the vanquishers cannon tip, but that just looks too awkward and I'd like your input.

So, I've been planning to just use the demolisher cannon and tell my opponents that it's actually the conqueror battle cannon since it's OOP and that it's the only cannon variant I'm using. I don't believe that there should be any problem with that, even at a GW GT.

I have however, found someone who drew the entire thing and created a 3D model of it that you can use to print an exact replica of it, but I have no means to do it and I phoned up Forgeworld and they didn't really provide a real reason for discontinuing the line and have no plans to bring it back anytime soon.

What do you think?

Why not replace the barrel with some suitable-diameter plastic tubing? Or cut the regular LR barrel down and slot a smaller diameter barrel into it.

Both are simple to do, look closer to the original FW barrel, and there's no chance of mid-game confusion. :)

Rather than simply using the stock Demolisher cannon, I'd suggest cutting off the side struts, and using the Punisher mount to give it a straight-on firing position as opposed to the elevated arc of the original weapon.

Minimal work, all in a single kit.

Or buy a metal barrel intended for scale model tanks? 

http://i.imgur.com/hvZKEhY.png

Those are 1/35 scale 152mm barrels for the Russian Object 704 prototype tank destroyer standing in for the barrels on a Macharius Vanquisher. They weren't very expensive and look much better than anything I could comfortably do with plastic. I dunno how you feel about the size of the guns on Imperial vehicles, but I think they're a bit ridiculous in size and like this sort of thing as an alternative. Here's eBay searches of 1/35 scale gun barrels in 152mm (which is as big as guns got on normal tanks for the most part), 155mm SPG, 175mm SPG, and 203mm artillery.

I think either the 155mm US M1A1 howitzer barrel:

pJj9Ge4.jpg

Or the 152mm M-10 barrel would be the best replacements for a Conqueror. 

6EhCx6D.png?1

Victoria miniatures do a four pack of turret guns, one of which would make a good conqueror barrel with built in coax storm bolter; bit expensive to do in bulk though.

Blood 'n 'skulls do breaker heavy cannons - they're designed to put two in one macharius style turret but they should fit a single in a russ turret OK. They're shorter and  narrower at the end than a normal battle cannon.

Archived