Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Custodes + Deathwatch 2000pts

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

TheHarpDaddy

TheHarpDaddy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 48 posts

Hey guys, 

Saw Ahkris' list ( loved it, so decided to test my own version out. A few slight changes here just due to model availability but I think it'll be a lot of fun to use. 

I'll generally spend a CP on getting the extra relic for the bike captain (Auric Aquilas), and then proooobably an additional 2CP to give the Bike captain victor of the blood games, so I'll start on 6 CP (before I potentially regen 1 CP with Lord of Hidden Knowledge). 

The librarian will grab Null Zone for sure, but haven't decided on what else to use. With a jump pack he can attempt to keep up with the bikes and the telemon/banner, while the Deathwatch Captain and troops will stick around the back field capping objectives and putting pressure on medium-heavy infantry etc. The captain is also pretty sweet in combat due to 3 damage thunder hammer and the stratagem that adds one to wound rolls depending on the FoC you're attacking. 

Comments and criticism welcome! 

———————

CUSTODES OUTRIDER - 1477pts

HQ - 160pts

Shield Captain on Bike 

- Hurricane Bolter 

- Interceptor Lance 

ELITES 

Vexillus Praetor 

- Guardian Spear 

- Vexilla Magnifica 

Telemon Dreadnought 

- Iliastus Accelerator Culverin 

- Telemon Caestus 

- Twin Plasma Ejector 

FAST ATTACK - 810pts

3 Vertus Praetors 

- 3 Hurricane Bolters 

- 3 Interceptor Lances 

3 Vertus Praetors 

- 3 Hurricane Bolters 

- 3 Interceptor Lances 

3 Vertus Praetors 

- 3 Hurricane Bolters 

- 3 Interceptor Lances 

————————

DEATHWATCH BATTALION 

HQ 

Watch Captain 

- Lord of Hidden Knowledge Warlord Trait

- Thunder Hammer 

- Stalker Pattern Boltgun 

- Bolt Pistol 

Librarian with Jump Pack 

- Force Axe 

- Bolt Pistol 

TROOPS 

5 Primaris Marines 

- 5 Bolt Rifles 

- 5 Bolt Pistols 

5 Primaris Marines 

- 5 Bolt Rifles 

- 5 Bolt Pistols 

5 Primaris Marines 

- 5 Bolt Rifles 

- 5 Bolt Pistols 

Felstone

Felstone

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 105 posts

Intercessors seem to be the most competitive right now and the dread are all good pickups. Regarding relics, i think it's worth the extra CP to get the mega jetbike.

Ahkris

Ahkris

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18 posts

Hey man nice to see the list inspired you!

Your list is straight up better than mine as long as you can bring beta FW rules. The inclusion of the jumppack on the libby is really great too as interceptor lances + Null Zone will pretty much kill anything in the game. I feel like the Thunder Hammer on the captain wont be of much use, you should keep an eye on him during some games and see if perhaps just a solid shooting weapon may be better. 

What relic do you plan on using for the Deathwatch? :)

TheHarpDaddy

TheHarpDaddy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 48 posts
Yep, definitely going to be using the mega jetbike on the custodes. Unfortunately that’s almost an auto-include!

Hey man nice to see the list inspired you!

Your list is straight up better than mine as long as you can bring beta FW rules. The inclusion of the jumppack on the libby is really great too as interceptor lances + Null Zone will pretty much kill anything in the game. I feel like the Thunder Hammer on the captain wont be of much use, you should keep an eye on him during some games and see if perhaps just a solid shooting weapon may be better.

What relic do you plan on using for the Deathwatch? :)

I mean tome of the ectoclades is super good, but I’ve actually also been thinking of trying out the Banebolts of Elyxia. 2 damage on the heavy 2 stalker bolt rifle sounds pretty decent, especially when combined with some of the specific deathwatch stratagems.

Issue is the librarian won’t really be sticking around in the backfield, so I wouldn’t get mileage out of the Tome if I had it on the librarian. So Tome on the Captain is most likely the go-to Relic.

TheHarpDaddy

TheHarpDaddy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 48 posts
Got 2 games in with this list today. Got my first two victories in one sitting in 8th!

1st game was against Dark Eldar and Harlequins. Venom spam and triple ravages along with a triple talos detachment and a spearhead of harlequins that had a troupe master, solitaire, and 5 void weavers.

I actually took the banebolts Relic and was very pleased wirh it. Really damaged the talos (and I even forgot about the mortal wounds). The telemon did some serious work.

2nd game was against imperial guard and admech. Mix of onagers, basilisks, armigers etc. Really cool list that I have *never* beaten. I managed to use LoS blocking terrain and the -1 to hit banner to minimise incoming fire while hitting infantry units with my bikes to stay ahead on victory points. The telemon 2v1’d both armigers and weathered a disgusting amount of fire power. He’s a boss!

Still not entirely sure what wargear I want on my watch Captain. In game 1 he really protected my backfield against void weavers with his thunder hammer. In game 2, he was never threatened and didn’t use the thunder hammer at all.

noigrim

noigrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 987 posts
  • Faction: Marines , Custodes & Guard
The flying primaris with the 2+wound ammo are your answer to hordes, rerolling because troops/special rule

Sense%2Bt%25C3%25ADtol%2B%25282%2529.pngETL_2015_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpgUntitled-1.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_08_L_T_2013.gifL_T_3_2017_Medals.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_03.gifETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_02.gETL_Medal_03.gif

TheHarpDaddy

TheHarpDaddy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 48 posts
While Inceptors (flying primaris) have the special issue ammunition rule while in death watch squads, you can’t put any of the ammo in their Assault Bolters as they are not listed on page 64 in the special ammo section.

That said, I’ve not had an issue with hordes using the above list. The hurricane bolters on the jetbikes are more than enough. I mainly struggle vs knights of combat units with a really good invul (assuming I don’t cast null zone successfully).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users