Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Dreaded 55th - A Black Legion WIP

Black Legion Dreadreavers Chaos Space Marines Painting Conversions Kitbashing WIP

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

AHorriblePerson

AHorriblePerson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 119 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

The deed is done...

Hetor Meragon, Arch-Sorcerer of the Dreadreavers
gallery_108437_14672_327667.jpg

Hidden Content

Cthonian-born and proficient in the ways of both the warp and the blade, Hetor Meragon leads the small cabal of Dreadreaver sorcerers through the Long War. Having been a part of the Black Legate's command squad since the Triumph of Ullanor, Meragon has remained a close confidante of Dyrath Kal ever since and led parts of the warband as a chaos lord until his latent psychic powers surfaced sometime between M32 and M33. Intending to utilise and expand upon the power bestowed on him, Subcommander Meragon took parts of the Dreadreavers - then still a wayward Sons of Horus company - onto raids all throughout the Eye of Terror, learning more about the nature of his prison and obtaining various corrupted artifacts and relics. Chieftain Kal initally lauded Meragon's efforts, seeing the benefits of psychic support on the battlefield in form of witchfire and kine-shields, but his gaze hardened when he first saw his battle-brother summoning daemons for aid in a particularly fierce struggle against a fortress held by the IVth legion.

The Legate and his subordinate debated for a whole day on the bride of the Pillager, and eventually came to an agreement: Meragon was encouraged to continue his quest for knowledge and psychic sorcery, but the summoning of daemons auxiliaries was only permitted by way of Kal or the Warmaster himself giving the word.

In the Age of the Dark Imperium, the Arch-Sorcerer's thirst for arcane lore is well-known amongst the warriors of the Black Legion, but so is his loyalty to the Abaddon and the Lord of the Reavers - in over eight thousand years, the oath Hetor Meragon swore to Dyrath Kal has never been broken.

Welp - that's him done! Again, I should have done much better with the warpflame, but I'm not gonna get myself in a twist about my first attempt at such an effect. I may touch up some of the smaller details, like the gang glyphs on his shoulder, and bring them more in line with the legion symbol on the other side. Anyway, thanks for all the comments and let me know what you think of the model!

-Horrible

Edited by AHorriblePerson, 22 September 2018 - 01:49 PM.

• Prot, Midnight Runner and TrawlingCleaner like this

gallery_108437_14773_852.jpg

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,755 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

That is an awesome and clean paint job! I like the blending on the warp magic taking place!

The only thing I am wondering is if he would benefit from some glowing eyes as a result of using his powers.

Edited by hushrong, 11 September 2018 - 04:21 PM.

• TrawlingCleaner and AHorriblePerson like this

Dornian Heresy: Iron Hands Raiders

Black Legion: The Fire Rises

Emperor's Children: Cult of Golden Tears

Alpha Legion: The Heads of the Hydra Strike

AHorriblePerson

AHorriblePerson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 119 posts

Definetely! The thing is... I'm kinda scared of ruining the face by making the attempt. sweat.gif

Who knows, I may end up coming back to that once my skill has improved. Thanks for the suggestion, glad you like the mini!

• TrawlingCleaner likes this

TrawlingCleaner

TrawlingCleaner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 308 posts

Definetely! The thing is... I'm kinda scared of ruining the face by making the attempt. sweat.gif

Who knows, I may end up coming back to that once my skill has improved. Thanks for the suggestion, glad you like the mini!

If I was you, I really wouldn't worry. Your painting is gorgeous dude. Really great stuff!
  • AHorriblePerson likes this

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,044 posts
  • Faction: Warriors of Mayhem

Really nice work there, the blending on the warp smoke and the fading on his Black Legion icon are especially good, the latter suggesting that he's seen lots of battle.

I too think that glowing eyes would look good and also that the empty space of the cloak is begging for some sort of icon, perhaps a stylised chaos star?

AHorriblePerson

AHorriblePerson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 119 posts

Good idea! I might have something fitting for the cloak...

• Pearson73 likes this

AHorriblePerson

AHorriblePerson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 119 posts

Just a small update; stuck together the Black Legate and have to say that I'm really digging the pose! I'm doing some armor trim later today, and I still have to settle on a combi-weapon.
20180920 154129

Midnight Runner

Midnight Runner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,428 posts
That Sorcerer is all kinds of awesome mate, you have really done him justice :tu: I like the glyphs especially, they really bring out his character and are well done.

Great work!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Black Legion, Dreadreavers, Chaos Space Marines, Painting, Conversions, Kitbashing, WIP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users