+gives much needed antitank to my custodes

-hueg pauldrons

Armiger

+new

+would be the beginning of a knight house

+can model pilot inside

+more mechlike

-close combat without turn one charges

Without more context it's hard to say for sure, but as you're talking Custodes and anti-tank I'm guessing that's your need?

The Armigers are nice kits, and who doesn't like a Knight House? ;) They also benefit from being core GW, plus are pretty handy tank busters themselves. With a highly elite low unit count army it might be beneficial to have a couple of more "mid" level units rather than a single top tier model?

I've got 1200pts of custodes all assault except a contemptor, so they do need some firepower, the telemon is just the thing to get to 1500 and finnish the army, the termis or wardens look good too. There's not that much diference in points 225 to 310 and neither is a OP unit. FW units tend to be badly nerfed with insane point taxes so that could be a problem.

On the other hand I can leave the custards as they are and begin (yet) another army with the knights.

Unless you’re under a particular deadline I would wait a bit to make up your mind, at least until Codex Knights is out in 2 weeks. If the rumours are true the Armiger is getting a serious points drop which might sway your decision. It may also get some better rules (not that the current ones are bad or anything) but codex rules are sometimes an improvement.

If you can wait even longer to see the finalised rules for the Telemon I would do that. It will be out before the end of the year and the telemon May get a points reduction or rules change.

If you can’t wait, the current situation from my point of view is that they are both overpriced for what they are but definitely more so for the armiger. If you’re only running a single armiger and your opponent considers it a serious threat then there is almost no list out there that couldn’t nuke it on turn one. That’s less of an issue for the Telemon.

From a model point of view, the armiger is a really nice kit but the Telemon is also one of the best kits I’ve ever had from Forgeworld and it’s definitely the easiest I’ve had to magnetise the weapon arms.

Overall I would say go for the Telemon if you’ve got to decide right now but, like I said, I would wait if you can to see the new codex or even the final rules for the Telemon.

I guess I can wait two weeks, offers on ebay usually stat about a month, rules for big expensive robots aren't that important in nowadays horde meta

I’m somewhat in the same situation except I own both models.

Personally I side with the Dreadnought until the Knights codex comes out. If rumours are true the Armiger will drop substantially. If that happens I will go back to 3 Armigers in a super heavy detachment.

What I found was they felt like overpriced Dreadnoughts. I think your far better off with even a melta Contemptor which shoots better, and degradation is better, and survival is better plus you can deepstrike.

I got the telemon in the end, it's more ornate, taller and bulkier. It will be my last custodes, getting the army to 1500pts. Next project knight house? we'll see

Archived