Splitting Horrors question

Marshlands

Does anyone know the rules/restrictions for splitting horrors? The wording seems very wide and specifically i was wondering how this works if say, 10 pink horrors die? Do the blues have to be placed near the unit because as far as i can see you could congo line them?

Has anyone tried anything like this?

You place the split horrors (1-2 blue/1 pair of brimestone) before you remove the slain model and you add to the unit so you have to follow unit coherency and cannot be placed within 1" of an enemy model, and you don't split for losses in the moral phase.

• 2 months later...

Is it possible to remove casualties in a cascade then? So, say 10 wounds go through from a single source - can I remove 1 Pink from the first wound, and then 2 Blues and subsequently 2 Brimstones for the next 4?

Basically losing only 2 Pinks from those 10 wounds?

Is it possible to remove casualties in a cascade then? So, say 10 wounds go through from a single source - can I remove 1 Pink from the first wound, and then 2 Blues and subsequently 2 Brimstones for the next 4?

Basically losing only 2 Pinks from those 10 wounds?

Only if you slow play and roll all the damage separately...remember they each have different saves.

Im finding its good to have a spread, like splitting down to a few brims ASAP as theyre good to remove from smite/morale etc.

I am finding it really hard to decide when taking hits though what to take it on... keeping pinks alive is obviously useful but they also pass saves more often which reduces overall losses and morale risk, which can save more models overall (either way hoping to remove only brims from morale).

Archived