Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000 Semi-Mechanized

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

toaae

toaae

++ SECURIFER VIRIDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,594 posts
  • Faction: Orks, SoB, Necrons, BA

This is a list I threw together with cool toys. After one game, I enjoyed the look and feel of the army and am considering iterating on it more.

Battalion

HQ

Warboss- Big Choppa, Kustom Shoota, Attack squig

pts. 66

Warboss- Power Klaw, Kustom Shoota, Attack squig

pts. 72

Troops

Boyz- 9 boyz w/ Sluggas & Choppas, Nob w/ Slugga & Power Klaw

pts. 73

Boyz- 9 boyz w/ Sluggas & Choppas, Nob w/ Slugga & Power Klaw

pts. 73

Grechin- 10 grots

pts. 30

Dedicated Transport

Trukk- Big Shoota, Wreckin' Ball

pts. 85

Trukk- Big Shoota, Wreckin' Ball

pts. 85

Battalion

HQ

Weirdboy

pts. 62

Weirdboy

pts. 62

Troops

Boyz- 26 Boyz w/ Shootas, 3 Boyz w/ Big Shootas, Nob w/ Shoota & Power Klaw

pts. 211

Boyz- 26 Boyz w/ Shootas, 3 Boyz w/ Big Shootas, Nob w/ Shoota & Power Klaw

pts. 211

Grechin- 10 grots

pts. 30

Spearhead

HQ

Big Mek- Shock Attack Gun

pts. 80

Elites

Nobz- 5 Nobs w/ Big Choppas & Shootas, 4 Nobs w/ Choppas & Shootas, Boss Nob w/ Kombi-Skorcha & Killsaw, 9 Ammo Runts

pts. 275

Heavy Support

Battlewagon- 'Ard Case

pts. 161

Deff Dread- 2 Dreads w/ 4 Dread Klaws

pts. 298

Mek Gunz- 3 Kustom Mega-Kannons

pts. 126

Total Points: 2000

In short, its a lot of bodies with a lot of klanking. Hopefully, the Dreads are protected by the battlewagon and trukks or vice-versa. The Big Mek isn't great, with the SAG being so disappointing (I had 0 hits yesterday vs. Alpha Legion), but it's a cool model. I could drop the SAG and just use the Big Mek as a cheap HQ/ Mek Gun healer, and use the points for a deff-rolla? Or something.

But it looks fun and I think there is room for this to be at least a semi-competitive list.

WAAAGH!!! Tortoof, a WiP thread (updated: 7/12/20) ||| Order of the Penitent Saint: A Project Thread (updated: 6/7/2020)
[IG 2020]Index Imperialis: Order of the Penitent Saint // IA: Dune Vipers (WiP; updated: 10/17/19, v.1) // [IG 2020]Index Xenos: WAAAGH!!! Tortoof (WiP; updated: 5/10/2020)
ETL_Medal_01.gifgallery_48988_15465_18945.pnggallery_48988_15738_35057.pnggallery_48988_15738_9905.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.pnggallery_48988_15094_8250.pnggallery_48988_15094_13707.png
(click on the images to see my vows!)

Master Antaeus

Master Antaeus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 254 posts

My critique is based purely on competitiveness and not on the fluff or theme of your army, though I'll try to fit that in.

Why do you have 2 warbosses?  What is their role?  Same with the weirdboyz.  Once they've bundled off the boyz, they are pretty useless beyond smite.

Your small boyz squads in trukks would probably be cheaper if you made them kommandos with the same loadout.  They'd reliably get where they need to go and you would recoup the points for the trukks.

What are the grots for?  You already have 15 grots to fire 3 gunz.  You could leave 10 of them in place on the guns and send the other 5 off to grab objectives with the added benefit that they can't be targeted if there is a closer unit.

I moved some stuff around and this is my interpretation of your list with all the fat removed along with my reasons for doing so.  Again, I have no idea what models you own, but I tried to keep it close to what you put above.

Battalion Detachment-

HQ I feel like you only need one warboss, so I cut out the second one.  I changed your big mek with SAG to one with a KFF as you have a low enough number of boyz and vehicles that you could cover them all with his KFF.  I also removed a Weirdboy and put him in charge of the detachment below.

Warboss (Kustom Shoota, Killchoppa, Attack Squig) 66

Big Mek (Big Choppa, Kustom Force Field) 82

Troops With these changes, I was able to shoehorn in another full unit of boyz the way you had them equipped.  I don't think big shootas are that good, so you could drop all 9 and get 3 more tankbustas, but totally up to you.

Shoota Boyz x30 (3 big shootas, nob w/shoota and power klaw) 211

Elites I changed your original trukkboyz to kommandos because they save you points on trukks and don't look so different from slugga boyz that anyone would notice.

Kommandos x10 (nob w/power klaw) 103  ***You could also add 2 burnas here for free***

Kommandos x10 (nob w/power klaw) 103  ***You could also add 2 burnas here for free***

Real talk: 10 nobz is a vanity unit that will get annihilated in a turn or two without a lot of babysitting.  I turned your nob squad into a cruise missile.  Put them into the trukk and race them up to support whatever unit you just jumped into the thick of things.

Nobz x6 (Armed just as you have them with the choppa/shoota ones removed)

Don't know if you have the models for these, but they might just be worth the proxy.  The way your army was written, it would have struggled greatly against big vehicles, monsters and aircraft.  Put these guys in the battlewagon and get to krumpin.

Tankbustas x6 (Nob, 1 Bomb Squig)

Dedicated Transports

Trukk with Big Shoota - 82 This bad boy is to get your nobz into trouble.  

Spearhead Detachment

Weirdboy (not a lot of options here) 62 Can be used to jump units or as a smite battery.  Either way works, though he'll suffer without a painboy.

Heavy Support

Battlewagon (no upgrades) 161 points I removed 'ardcase from this beast as it keeps the unit inside from shooting out.  I also removed all of its weapons as the tankbustas that it carries are far more important and this thing's only purpose is to use its wounds to protect them for as long as possible.

Deff Dread (4x Klaw) 149 I think Deff Dreads are too slow, but you might get more mileage out of them.  I left them just as you posted.  Keep them by the big mek.

Deff Dread (4x Klaw) 149

Mek Gunz (3x KMK) 126 Best objective grabbers in the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users