Repentia count as DCA

Atrus

As much as I'd like to, i just cant seem to vring myself to take Repentia in a sisters force. Just feel that my opponent doesnt need me to have another handicap on top of the exorcist(s) in our games.

Yet I'd still like to see the models on the table. After some thought i think I've decided to field repentia models but use them as death cult assassins alongside some ministorum detachment.

Same cost as repentia but the only con trade off being 2 points lower strength and 1 less damage. Everything else is the same or just better.

Would like to keep them as repentia but lets face it, theres too much commitment required to make repentia useful and the go to melle weapon of tank killing awesomeness that was the eviscerator, just isnt what it used to be.

Dies anyone else do this with their repentia?

I have not used DCA thus far in 8th. I have only used Repentia twice as I recall in 8th, but they finished off an Imperial Knight in one of my first games against Blood Angels.

I have been considering putting them back in my lists to replace the two Penitent Engines I've been using lately as the Repentia can make use of Acts of Faith.  I may do that after my tournament next weekend. Sisters definitely could use a good melee oriented Unit that is not also their Warlord, but we don't really have one yet which can both deal good melee damage and also have resiliency to damage.

I am interested to hearing how the DCA work for you, so please let us know! I may have to consider them if they pan out well in your games.

I used to bring Repentia fairly often before the FAQ, usually in a gaggle with Mistress and a Canoness bundled together in a Rhino/Repressor. Since the FAQ I have experimented with putting groups of 3 in with my SB/BSS and a character bopping about in Repressors. They don't lose any shots, don't cost you Vanguard, and are a nasty surprise to anyone close enough after the start of turn two. Competitive? Just as good as anything else not in my auto-take points and worth the fun.

I used DCA a few times early on and they were solid. I shift them out of my list because I was using converted models and didn't feel good enough about their look as DCA. The repentia might be confusing to your opponents: I would suggest converting them somehow.

Dont think i could bring myself to convert them...you know...just in case geedubs decides to pull a storm bolter on them and make them good in the codex.

Theyre such a rarity in this area that i could just straight up say theyre deathies and no one would bat an eye.

I recon they look pretty close as it is really.

Atrus's post got me to take another look at the Ministorum melee options and I had forgotten that Crusaders have the Acts of Faith ability as well as Zealot. I may look through some fantasy minis that I have an see if I can put together a squad and try them out.

Let us know how they go. Ive got a couple of crusader models and a handful 3rd party shield girls i used to use in mordheim that might grace a ministorum list if theyre useful.

I have dug through my various containers and come up with three suitable minis (all from Reaper) plus the one actual Crusader I own. I plan to pop by my FLGS tomorrow and see what they have on the rack (they have quite an array of Reaper fantasy) and see what I can come up with. Looking to make a unit of 10.

*edit*

Might take a bit longer. I do have a Tournament this coming weekend and I need to repair a few models and finish a third objective marker; you can get extra victory points for having three objective markers themed for your army!

Trolls Under the Bridge has a really nice crusader or paladin model. Two different heads and two weapons come with the kit. I was thinking of ordering a couple to run as Paladins. Also, the models are female sculpts, so they would fit into a Sororitas army very well.

I use these for DCA...

gallery_73923_8770_306429.jpg

Nice variety of poses and they do indeed, fit in well with Mordheim Sisters of Sigmar, which I happen to have used as basis for my Crusader models.:wink:

Got to try this out today. Had a squad of 8 with a priest backing them up.

Didnt get to do much as the game had to be cut short at the end of turn 2, but theyd managed to get onto the second level of a ruin and assault a squad of deathwatch primaris. Due to space, only 5 made it into range, but they managed to take down 4 of the 5 primaris and leave the last one on 1 wound.

Rerolls to hit is tres nice and the S4 leaves them in them in the low toughness hunters pile. Overall im very happy with the unit, and i really enjoyed seeing the repentia models on the table. May make them a more regular appearance.

Had to make 2 invo saves on them and failed both by a mile. I briefly considered that maybe fielding them as proper repentia might be better, but then i remembered they dont get rerolls like dca do and putting a mistress to give em rerolls is too much of a nuisance logistically.

Edit: love those above models!

Archived