Black Templars as Space Wolves, A transformation, and Why?

JadedMask

Well I don't think the point of this thread was that Space Wolves are overall stronger (tho I'm sure they will be once they get their Codex as well). ^^

funny thing is that I play often against Wolves - and i never lost a game with my templars.

But that's anecdotal evidence.  We have no idea what the Wolf player(s) you are playing against are like, what they're bringing to the table, what unit options they have, how experienced and competitive they are, what kind of missions you guys are playing.

Also as sfPanzer points out ... I agree that SW will probably get a power bump once their codex arrives

See.. I left the Space Wolves army because they were too cliche, sure they played well though. I then ventured towards Ultramarines and even picked up Roboute Guilliman to use (I also went to Greece 4 weeks ago which made their historical background more real) but I just got tired of them. RG just slaughtering and buffing everything and just standing and shooting. But then.. I watched the Helsreach series created by Richard Boylan.. That sparked something so neat. Chaplains have always been my most favorite unit (Maybe not the most powerful or effective but they are cool). Now I want to make the Black Templars as my army (just wish I could change my dang display name and figure out a good way to deal with psykers attacking Templars and my Imperial Knights). But reading this thread confuses me.. on the Codex Marines thread they have a Wishlist they are working on to send to GW.. why dont we all try and create a clear and cohesive list too? Maybe if we get something going.. I'll try and make a 8th Edition Fanmade Codex for everyone to download?

I would love for GW to actually make a unique codex again, considering the following Templars have compared to other Space Marines it seems only natural. However sisters only happened after years of jokes and derision, I very much doubt they will make one in the foreseeable future.

• 7 months later...

Archived