Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000 pts, 3 variations, feedback needed

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

shamsael

shamsael

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13 posts

I have three variations on a 2000 point list.  I'm looking for honest feedback, a preference between the three, and any errors in math that might make the list illegal or open up a few extra points.

My preference is to put the two Rubric Warpflamer squads into a transport, and dump them out within flamer range of a good target.  I can put either or both of the Ten Man Rubric and Tzaangor squads in Webway infiltration.  Of the three, I like the Magnus variation the least, because it prevents me from driving a cool tank around the table.

Variation A, Hellblades, 2000 points

• Thousand Sons Battalion
    • Exalted Sorcerer on Disc of Tzeentch (132), Inferno Bolt Pistol (1), Two Power Swords (8), Seer's Bane = 141 points
    • Sorcerer (95), Plasma Pistol (7), Force Stave (8), Helm of the Third Eye = 110 points
    • 5 Rubric Marines (90), Warpflame Pistol (7), Force Stave (8), 4 Warpflamers (60) = 165 points
    • 5 Rubric Marines (90), Warpflame Pistol (7), Force Stave (8), 4 Warpflamers (60) = 165 points
    • 10 Rubric Marines (180), Inferno Bolt Pistol (1), Force Stave (8), 8 Inferno Boltguns (16), Soulreaper Cannon (15) = 220 points
    • 5 Scarab Occult Terminators (165), 5 Power Swords (20), Force Stave (8), 3 Inferno Combi-bolters (9), Heavy Warpflamer (23) = 225 points
    • Chaos Rhino (70), Combi-Bolter (2), Combi-flamer (11) = 83 points
    • Chaos Hellblade (110), Two Hellstorm Cannons (40) = 150 points
    • Chaos Hellblade (110), Two Hellstorm Cannons (40) = 150 points
    • Exalted Sorcerer on Disc of Tzeentch (132), Inferno Bolt Pistol (1), Force Stave (8), Dark Matter Cyrstal = 141 points
    • Daemon Prince of Tzeentch with Wings (170), Two Malefic Talons (10) = 180 points
    • 20 Tzaangor (140), Brayhorn (10) = 150 points
    • 10 Cultists (40) = 40 points

Variation B, Land Raider, 2000 points

• Exalted Sorcerer on Disc of Tzeentch (132), Inferno Bolt Pistol (1), Two Power Swords (8), Seer's Bane = 141 points
    • Ahriman on Disc of Tzeentch (166) = 166 points
    • 5 Rubric Marines (90), Warpflame Pistol (7), Force Stave (8), 4 Warpflamers (60) = 165 points
    • 5 Rubric Marines (90), Warpflame Pistol (7), Force Stave (8), 4 Warpflamers (60) = 165 points
    • 10 Rubric Marines (180), Inferno Bolt Pistol (1), Force Stave (8), 8 Inferno Boltguns (16), Soulreaper Cannon (15) = 220 points
    • 5 Scarab Occult Terminators (165), 5 Power Swords (20), Force Stave (8), 3 Inferno Combi-bolters (9), Heavy Warpflamer (23) = 225 points
    • Chaos Land Raider (239), two twin lascannon (100), twin heavy bolter (17), havoc launcher (11) = 367 points
    • Exalted Sorcerer on Disc of Tzeentch (132), Inferno Bolt Pistol (1), Force Stave (8), Dark Matter Cyrstal = 141 points
    • Daemon Prince of Tzeentch with Wings (170), Two Malefic Talons (10), Helm of the Third Third Eye = 180 points
    • 20 Tzaangor (140), Brayhorn (10) = 150 points
    • 10 Cultists (40) = 40 points

Variation C, Magnus, 1998 points

• Exalted Sorcerer on Disc of Tzeentch (132), Inferno Bolt Pistol (1), Two Power Swords (8), Seer's Bane = 141 points
    • Ahriman on Disc of Tzeentch (166) = 166 points
    • 10 Rubric Marines (180), Inferno Bolt Pistol (1), Force Stave (8), 8 Inferno Boltguns (16), Soulreaper Cannon (15) = 220 points
    • 18 Tzaangor (133), Brayhorn (10) = 136 points
    • 5 Scarab Occult Terminators (165), 5 Power Swords (20), Force Stave (8), 3 Inferno Combi-bolters (9), Heavy Warpflamer (23) = 225 points
    • Exalted Sorcerer on Disc of Tzeentch (132), Inferno Bolt Pistol (1), Force Stave (8), Dark Matter Cyrstal = 141 points
    • Daemon Prince of Tzeentch with Wings (170), Two Malefic Talons (10), Helm of the Third Eye = 180 points
    • 10 Cultists (40), Heavy Stubber = 44 points
  • Thousand Sons Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment
    • Magnus the Red (445) = 445 points

Edited by shamsael, 01 June 2018 - 12:49 AM.

sneakybamsen

sneakybamsen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 768 posts
  • Faction: DA, IK, TS

How about you ditch the heavy flamer in the terminator squad, and replace the land raider with the rhino and the two Hellblades in list B? I think that should fit the bill points wise. and be a slight improvement.

A.K.A. Brother Cyphriel

Covenant_of_Caliban_2_Banner.jpgETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpg

Kite Senet

Kite Senet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 206 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons

Don't take my opinion too seriously, as I'm not experienced much at all with competitive play, but I've found my own unit of Warpflamer Rubrics a bit on the expensive side. For that reason, of those three lists, I'd be happiest with the Magnus list *except* for Magnus himself. I'd swap him out for a bunch of cool tanks. (Though in my case I'd pick Vindicators, because I personally love snowplow tanks...and I suppose that's how you know my opinion on listbuilding really isn't to be trusted!)

UsernameTaken

UsernameTaken

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 39 posts

Both A and C seem pretty good to me, but in B, without a rhino to protect them, I highly doubt your flamer rubrics will ever reach shooting range alive. Plus after faq deepstriking them is not really appealing because you have better targets for it (tzangoor blob) and because you won't be able to shoot on the turn you come in, which eans your opponent will likely focus them out.

In all of the lists, i would replace the scarab occult's sorcerer's power sword with an inferno combi bolter (it's just way more effective for a lower points cost) and the heavy hellflamer with a soulreaper cannon (if find it's range prohibitive) .

A few mistakes i noticed:

_across all of the lists, you have listed the scarab occult sorcerer's power stave as costing 4 points instead of 8

_in list A your rhino is equipped with an inferno bolter which it cannot take

My favorite is definitely list A, but i would really try to squeeze ahriman in, he's just too good to not take imo. You could do it like so:

_remove combi flamer and inferno bolter from rhino, add the default combi bolter: -12 points

_replace scarab occult sorcerer's power sword with an inferno combi bolter, include the correct cost for power stave, replace HWF with SRC: -5 points

_replace the vanilla sorcerer's plasma pistol with an inferno bolt pistol: -6 points

_Now we still need another 11 points to replace an exalted with ahriman (on disc), you could replace both warpflame pistols on your aspirings with inferno bolt pistols, but if you're really into the "all flamer squad" idea, i would drop the heavy stubber from the cultist squad, and regroup the 3 10 men squads into two 14 men ones to get the remaining points, but lose on board control and make them more vulnerable to morale.

Good luck with your lists, I hope i didn't make any mistakes!

shamsael

shamsael

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13 posts

Both A and C seem pretty good to me, but in B, without a rhino to protect them, I highly doubt your flamer rubrics will ever reach shooting range alive. 

In B, the Flamer Rubrics are in the land raider.

I have a seperate option listed for Inferno Bolter in my quartermaster template, with an added Command Point cost, reflecting use of the strategem.  I'll correct that in the original post, though, to avoid confusion.

Also double checking the points cost for the Scarab Occult and re-totalling.  -Edit: fixed.  Removed heavy stubbers from the cultists to keep point limits intact.

Edited by shamsael, 01 June 2018 - 12:50 AM.

Marshlands

Marshlands

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 180 posts
IMO Ahriman and the DP far outperform all the other hq options competitively.

People seem really mixed on Magnus but id still choose list C for his include. If you take Ahriman, ahriman can fairly reliably put warptime and two other spells on magnus so that can move up and smite 3 (4 with stratagem) times.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users