Scale of Wulfen to Primaris for conversions.

SW1

My brother has picked up the 40k boxed game and he's wanting me to convert up some of the Primaris into Wulfen for him.

Are they close in scale or will it be a ball ache to chop shop them together?

I'm hoping tossing a box of Wulfen in with the Primaris bolter rifle ones will give us a good start. Maybe use some of the leather boots I have left over from plundering a Chaos Warriors box for bits? Does this sound doable?

I was all prepped to do this, but then the fluff really bugged me. Primaris are supposedly immune to the weaknesses of the chapters, so 99% likely Primaris can't become Wulfen. I might still do it since it'll give me a lot more wulfen bodies though

It always seemed hinted that the full extent of the canis helix wasnt just a gene-seed corruption, but tied into Fenris as well.  If Rune priests are actually sorcerors(though not Chaos sorcerors, of course), then perhaps there is something uncanny about Fenris that has changed the Legion.

But, eh, lore changes all the time.  Go with whatever makes a good story/army look for you.  No point in trying to hold true to GW's lore when they change it all the time.

I plan on doing the same with the box of wulfen I got for my birthday a year ago. I really dislike the look of the stock kit but with some touches of the primaris armor it actually has potential.

Well Blood Angels Primaris are immune to the Red Thirst, so my money is on the Space Wolf version being the exact same.

They aren't immune. The effects are slightly different maybe however there was a BA chaplain who went with the Primaris and is sickened at the devastation they caused. They also didn't partake in drinking a BA Priest blood, which may mean that they don't have the complete geneseed. It would be like our Primaris not partaking of the Cup of Wulfen, so their geneseed isn't complete.

It always seemed hinted that the full extent of the canis helix wasnt just a gene-seed corruption, but tied into Fenris as well.  If Rune priests are actually sorcerors(though not Chaos sorcerors, of course), then perhaps there is something uncanny about Fenris that has changed the Legion.

But, eh, lore changes all the time.  Go with whatever makes a good story/army look for you.  No point in trying to hold true to GW's lore when they change it all the time.

There's actually a bit of oooold fluff, where it talks about the Canis Helix actually being part of what the original colonists on Fenris had as far as a genetic modification to make them able to withstand the harsh environment of deathworlds, and it just so happened that was what was needed to stabilize the Space Wolf geneseed. Because the Emprah and the Warp work in mysterious ways.

I need to find that bit again, it was just a tiny blurb in a sidebar somewhere. Maybe the 2e codex or the index astartes article from back in the day.

There's actually a bit of oooold fluff, where it talks about the Canis Helix actually being part of what the original colonists on Fenris had as far as a genetic modification to make them able to withstand the harsh environment of deathworlds, and it just so happened that was what was needed to stabilize the Space Wolf geneseed. Because the Emprah and the Warp work in mysterious ways.

I need to find that bit again, it was just a tiny blurb in a sidebar somewhere. Maybe the 2e codex or the index astartes article from back in the day.

I believe that was part of prospero burns? I think it then went on to talk about them turning into fenrisian wolves when it went wrong hence the "there are no wolves on fenris" line. It has been a long time since I've read that stuff though could be wrong.

The blurb Im thinking of was well before Prospero Burns, but its possible the idea was covered there as well. Still haven't gotten around to reading that. I'm gonna dig through some books this weekend and see if I can find it.

Wasn't it in a WD article or might have been in an early codex. We're talking about back in the 1990's I think.

*applies rose tinted glasses*

Yes the good old days!!!

*takes off rose tinted glasses* :lol:

It was touched upon in the HH series (might have been Prospero Burns) but the original fluff it's harping on about is proper old school. Lol ... If it's in a SW codex I'll have it and if it's in a WD I'll probably have it on one of the archive stacks (shelves in the living room).

Archived