Kill Tanks

nanosquid

Have any of you fielded Kill Tanks? I recently got a baneblade for cheap that I'm looking to loot. The Skullhamma isn't an option anymore, so I was planning to run it as a Kill Bursta. My first game with it featured a deep striking sanguinary guard so it died before the bottom of turn 1, and I don't know how they play in general.

What's a good list to build around a Kill Tank? They seem like fun and I've been wanting to do a looted baneblade for a long time.

Have any of you fielded Kill Tanks? I recently got a baneblade for cheap that I'm looking to loot. The Skullhamma isn't an option anymore, so I was planning to run it as a Kill Bursta. My first game with it featured a deep striking sanguinary guard so it died before the bottom of turn 1, and I don't know how they play in general.

What's a good list to build around a Kill Tank? They seem like fun and I've been wanting to do a looted baneblade for a long time.

Sorry no I don't have one. However what else was in your list? 

With out knowing that, if it were me I would screen the tanks with mobs of grots and boys. to prevent Sneaky attacks like what has already happened to you. 

What was you list and your over all plan? 

Well at least with the beta rules, they can't deepstrike you turn 1 now. My housemate has a kill bursta but has yet to assemble it so I can't really tell you how they play, sorry. The other forgeworld Ork models seem rather good compared to GW ork rules though. "Overpowered" is something that goes around a lot for my mega tanks..but "overpowered" compared to an index full of gak is pretty balanced.

I don't have one, though I badly want to pick up a Killbursta. I know I've read some comments on the web lamenting it's D2, wishing it were more, but it my experience, D2 is much more reliable than d3, and I can tell you from Big Choppas, do not doubt how much damage a D2 weapon can deal.

• 4 weeks later...

The killbursta is pointed like a baneblade, but it will disappoint you every time because even though it has slightly better be, it's guns are kind of like those of a baneblade... Except worse in every way.

It carries troops, but not enough to matter. It can take extra guns but not enough to matter. They can shoot from its t8 hull, but only at bs 6+, so it doesnt even make a good bunker.

Finally, it's okay in close combat, but so is a baneblade with a 1cp stratagem.

We have better units that do everything the kill tank does better and for less points. Hopefully, this will change in the future.

Archived