Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1750 Tournament List

Tournament on Sat 2nd June

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Gaz1858

Gaz1858

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,651 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights and Admech

Hi All,

I will be taking the following list to a Tournament at Good Games on Saturday the 2nd of June. I have another Tourney on the 9th of June but will create another Topic for that after this one. Onto the list!

Stygies Batallion

HQ

2 x Engineseer

TROOPS

3 x 5 Rangers w 2 Transuranic Arquebus and Omnispex

1x 10 Vanguard w Omnispex

ELITES

2 x 10 Fulgurite Priests

Mars Spearhead

HQ

Cawl

Heavy Support

4 x Kastelan Robots all w Heavy Phosphor

2 x Icarus Onager w BSDT and Combi Heavy Stubber

Astra Militarum Aux Support Detachment

Elites

Platoon Commander - w Boltgun,Warlord (Grand Strategist),Relic Khurovs Aquila

Total is 1748 and there are 8CP to begin the game with

Game Plan

Pretty straight forward really. It is ITC Missions 1, 3 and 5 so fairly heavily Objective based. The Priests will be aggressive if going first otherwise they will be depolyed holding Objectives to rack up some points. Same applies to the Vanguard really.

Rangers snipe out characters or potentially aim for taking the last wound from a vehicle or something like that

Mars Det just does what it does, will no doubt be using Wrath Of Mars on the bots frequently to just blow things away.

Platoon Commander sits somewhere and either hides generating CPs or does that while taking pot shots with his boltgun!

I will fill everyone in on the games after Saturday but any questions or comments for the moment fire away

Snipper Rifles: 36", Heavy D3 Rending, as they hurl barber's scissors across the battlefield with deadly precision!

Gaz1858

Gaz1858

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,651 posts

This is the model I am using for the Platoon Commander CP Generator. Admechified Tempestus Commander

unnamed_zpsouoawldr.jpg

• frosteldar and Lord Marshal like this
Snipper Rifles: 36", Heavy D3 Rending, as they hurl barber's scissors across the battlefield with deadly precision!

Gaz1858

Gaz1858

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,651 posts

Hey all,

Ok so getting some time to put this together. Overall I went 1 win and 2 losses with it. Disappointing however the games were real close and just my tactics or some list issues were the main cause for the 2 losses. Both could easily have been wins.

Game 1 - Harlequins

2 Troupe Masters, 2 Shadowseers, 3 Death Jesters, 5 Star Weavers, 6 x 5 Harlie Squads. Assorted rules and fancy weapons

So we played mission 1 from the ITC Pack and got Spearhead Assault. This helped me as it kept his Harlies that little bit further away. He deployed most things in cover or out of site and i hugged the back line with my Onagers and bots while the troops lined up in front of them. The priests deployed in some ruins, one close to his army and one close to mine.

He went first and didnt do much damage with shooting just being that bit too far away. Couple of models from the Vanguard Squad were pretty much it. He then assaulted the priest squad closest to him with 5 Harlies and a Starweaver. He killed 3 of them which i was surprised about as figured theyd do more. In return I paid 3CP, attacked twice against them and wiped out the 5 man squad gaining me a 3++.

My turn one involved bringing down 2 of the StarWeavers in shooting, moving around the objectives and forgetting that Snipers can snipe characters even if they arent closest!!! Doh! I couldve quite easily killed a death jester here but forgot. IN assault I charged a Starweaver who had shot really far forward with my second priest unit wihile the first continued in the combat with the starweaver that charged them. Both transports died and the occupants got out.

From here really he spent most of the game trying to kill the priests! Theyre 3++ inv and 5++ ignore kept them going and all the while the rest of my army is putting shots into things from a distance. Ended up a 31 -10 win

Game 2 - DE

6 big Wyches squads in Raiders, 12 helions, 3 Reavers, squad of warriors, Scourges, archon and some succubus, oh and lelith.

So again same set up as before which I am happy with. Vanguard and priests all infiltrate with the rest on the back line. I go first and bascally every Raider dies to either Icarus, Bots or charging Priests leaving his footslogging wyches with 30 odd inches to get to my guns. Now on ANY other board with ANY other mission (we played mission 3) im winning this game in turn 2 or 3 as he comes to get me. However.....

This battle report is short due to the fact that after all his wyches took down the priests and Vanguard they were able to sit behind cover, out of site and still be within 3" of three of the objectives!!!!!! So even though 50 - 70% of his army died T1 there was nothing I could do about him just standing there. Any attempt to move forward he would charge out and murder me, which happened when i did try. So as I say, beaten by the terrain! So he stood there, racked up points and the game ended his win.

I couldve moved up sooner but had double shotted the bots T1 as I hadnt noticed the Terrain/Obj issue so they were out after T1, he just hid and that was that. Very frustrating loss but there you go. Live and learn.

Game 3 - Nids

Big squad of Genestealers, some fortification thing, Hive guard, 2 flyrants, 2 carnifixes, some termagants, 2 zoanthropes, Hive crone. 

So havent played Nids in a looooooooong time and that contributed to this loss. We set up I had my troops in front of bots etc. He siezed and basically charged me T1 with the Genestealers moving twice and the Hive crone flying like a mile. If I had gone first game over. He wouldve lost most his units. But alas. He killed the troops and then basically moved into the onagers and bots stopping me shooting for a turn!

Cawl and the other characters charged the Genestealers and wiped them out while a priests unit brought down the crone and cleared my lines. Carnifexes charged next, did some damage and then they died to. So basically I was able to kill everything but only AFTER it had gotten to my lines and reduced my shooting. The biggest pain had to be the Hive Guard shooting my bots. 2 or 3 shots each, no LOS required, S8 doing D3 damage each is painful. Funnily three of them died over the game even though i never attacked them, gotta love those 6++ invul saves :-) 

This game ended with him having about 2 or 3 units left and me having an Onager, a bot and some troops left. Final score was 31 - 20 and despite the loss could have been won with some different placement and being more aware of how damn fast nids can be. Also him not siezing to.....

Conclusions

Arquebus were very disappointing doing hardly anything. I am going to another tourney this weekend and trying them out again but its last chance for them.

Cawl was good but I am thinking that the extra points for him could be better used. With IKnights coming out this weekend I want to use the Third Detachement (1 for CP Generator, 1 for Stygies) for one of those. This means I will have the Bots and Onagers moving into a Stygies Batt with a Dominus around for re-roll 1s. Again I will be Using him again this weekend to see how we go.

Onagers with Icarus are great. Way better than Neutron. Priests are awesome. Dont have any? Buy some. Bots are great to as always.

Anyway thanks for reading and I will post up my next tourney list on another Topic sometime this week.

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users