Help me to understand the new Smite rule

Ulfast

Yesterday, in almost over one year, I play my Thousands sons army (my goal is to restart them) with the the new FAQ Smite rules. But me and my opponent was not sure how it works.

To understand the dilemma I had two aspiring sorceres in each rubric marine unit and two exalted sorcerers. We played it this way:

first one aspiring sorcerer cast smite on 5+ (mini smite),

then second aspiring sorcerer cast smite, also with 5+ (mini smite) because of the rule of brotherhood),

then the first exalted sorcerer casted smite with 7+ and then the second exalted sorcerer casted with 8+. 

Was this correct? Or should the first exalted sorcerer cast with 5+ and second with 6+?  

Please help me to understand :)  

Btw, I won agaisnt his necrons and had a fun time. I´m for sure going to restart my thousands sons!

Its my understanding that all our psykers have the Brotherhood of Sorcerers rule as you gain this as long as all the units in a detachment are TSons.

So the way it should work, is smite would always be cast on a 5+ for TSons. If you had other psykers from another faction casting then the -1 to cast smite would affect them.

For Eg. You have 2 Heralds of Tzeentch, an Aspiring Sorcerer from a Rubric squad and an Exalted Sorcerer. If you cast with the Aspiring and Exalted first they would get smite off on a 5+ (due to the Brotherhood of Sorcerers rule ignoring the -1). Then the first Herald would need a 7+ and the second an 8+.

If you cast with the Heralds first then the first would get smite on 5+, the second on a 6+. The Aspiring and Exalted should now be on a 7+ and 8+ but because of Brotherhood of Sorcerers rule, they cast it both on a 5+.

Yes, if all your TS psykers are in a TS detachment they gain "Brotherhood of Sorcerers" which means that all of them cast smite on a 5+.

Your TS psykers basically ignore the new smite rule.

Same goes for GK detachments.

Double confirmed.  All Psykers in a Thousand Sons detachment gain the Brotherhood of Sorcerers rule.

You would only need to deal with the increasing difficulty if you had an additional non-thousand sons detachment.

Its my understanding that all our psykers have the Brotherhood of Sorcerers rule as you gain this as long as all the units in a detachment are TSons.

So the way it should work, is smite would always be cast on a 5+ for TSons. If you had other psykers from another faction casting then the -1 to cast smite would affect them.

For Eg. You have 2 Heralds of Tzeentch, an Aspiring Sorcerer from a Rubric squad and an Exalted Sorcerer. If you cast with the Aspiring and Exalted first they would get smite off on a 5+ (due to the Brotherhood of Sorcerers rule ignoring the -1). Then the first Herald would need a 7+ and the second an 8+.

If you cast with the Heralds first then the first would get smite on 5+, the second on a 6+. The Aspiring and Exalted should now be on a 7+ and 8+ but because of Brotherhood of Sorcerers rule, they cast it both on a 5+.

It’s worth noting it’s not a -1 but a plus 1 to the casting difficulty only, it does not affect the super smite thresholds

Archived