Lias Issodon conversion

LutherMax

Hi guys, what do you think of this for a Lias Issodon conversion? It's just dry fit at the the moment with Blu Tack. I may use the helmet with the lens and aerial from the Repulsor kit and different shoulder pads but general principle?

I will definitely extend the bolt rifle barrel...

Feedback appreciated!

lias-01.jpg

lias-02.jpg

lias-03.jpg

It looks great! I would definitely extend the barrel - maybe with a hotshot lasgun barrel, or one of the aerials on a Grey Knight teleport backpack? I believe Lias also has a power sword of some kind?

I’m thinking the 30th anniversary sergeant sheathed sword for Raptorclaw.

Kromlech suppressor on the gun barrel.

Probably more ornate shoulder pads and some purity seals.

Possibly green stuff camo cloak!

Thanks for the info – seems as though I may be just in time!

Lias probably wouldn't be a good first pledge as he may be getting sent away to have a nice new cloak fitted and I don't know when he'll be back...

I do have some other things I need to get finished in the mean time but they are already started. I've PM'd Captain Semper to see if they're still okay to pledge and if so I'm in!

So I made some changes:

- Ditched the Primaris arms and rifle in favour of MKIV arms and recon bolter

- MKIV helm instead of Primaris (so no Primaris bits on him now)

- More ornate shoulder pads to mark him as the master of the chapter

Still to do:

- Attach Raptorclaw (sheathed on his back somewhere)

- Green stuff cloak

I'm not sure about the shoulder pads. I think they should be simpler... thoughts?

lias-v2-01.jpg

lias-v2-02.jpg

lias-v2-03.jpg

Lias strikes me as not needing showy wargear. I'd keep the pads simple. I think both versions of the rifle like they worked for this project. That Primaris Bolter is a beast.

I've always had issues with capes and power armor, even with scouts. That said you might look at just draping it over the right arm and shoulder in the front using as little s possible attached to the left with a wind blow look billowing behind him. It would bunch and fold up in those conditions and look more workman like than regal.

I like the showy pads, but I'd paint them armour coloured. As if Lias has said, 'Sure, I'm Chapter Master. Sure, I have fancy armour. But, no, no it isn't shiny. Why would it be shiny?'

That would play into the understated Chapter Master vibe I think he needs.

I like the showy pads, but I'd paint them armour coloured. As if Lias has said, 'Sure, I'm Chapter Master. Sure, I have fancy armour. But, no, no it isn't shiny. Why would it be shiny?'

That would play into the understated Chapter Master vibe I think he needs.

I agree with Cordova. That spread Aquila on the right pad fits well, but I would paint it a black gradient against the green armor, so everyone knows its present but very understated.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived