++ Black Crusade 2018 // VOW your SOUL to CHAOS // ETL VI ++

I wonder, could I throw my Armiger on here?

Why not? :D Bring it on!

Vow 2 has been pledged for 389 points...

More to come later this week.

Celtic_Cauldron

Finish it and I will record the points when Semper has done the same!

@ DuskyRaider: Oh is that what you mean - well that goes without saying, as it was one of your five ETLVI vows, and they all are counted here when you finish them. I thought you meant post pictures. I'll write up the weekly update today after Semper posts his. :tu:

@ Celtic_cauldron: Looking forward to it! You're on a roll!

EIGHT UPDATE 

BLACK CRUSADE // ETL VI

FOR THE EIGHT-FOLD PATH!!!

DFAovAy.jpg

Some wicked progress was made in the home stretch, which is quite needed as we're going to take a BIG hit at the end:  Tamiika, who vowed 4000+ over at the Lost and the Damned forum has broken his thumb an cannot finish his vow... Luckily us chaotic superhumans are number one - but also by the smallest of margins! 

Eight vows finished by seven people means a lot of us are closer to finishing their vows than last week. So well done to Pearson73, gianlucafiorentini123, Freakshow688, DuskRaiderDr_RuminahuiCommander Dawnstar, and Celtic_cauldron!!

Also, congrats to Dr_Ruminahui for finishing his SOUL VOW!!

ALLLLLLRIIIIIIGHT!

Final update before the end of the ETL. With only three days and a couple of hours for change to go, this one will be TIGHT! 

izApdH0g.jpg

Sooooo, what changed since the last one.  Dragonlover did another amazing vow, far outpacing his Soul Vow. Freakshow688 did the same with his extra two vows, but the real heroes these past couple of days have been gianlucafiorentini123, Lhorke the First, Razblood, and Sgt. Blank all four of whom finished their latest vow, and completing their Black Crusade objective - their Soul Vow!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Special attention should go to Lhorke the First, who, as a first ever in the five years I've run the Black Crusade, managed to exactly complete his vow.

Well done!

At the same time, there's no less than seven frater who still have vows running AND who haven't finished their Soul Vow yet. Gederas has thrown the towel in the ring - about which the Gods are very, very dissappointed. Not angry, mind you. No They're dissapointed. Which is much worse!! You still have a chance to finish those six cultists, dude. Just do iiiiiiiitttttttttttttt!

So good luck to 
Celtic_Cauldron, Commander Dawnstar, Eldrick Shadowblade, Gederas
Pearson73RolandTHTG, and Tallarn Commander!

That's cool, Celtic_Cauldron! I already registered your completed vow #3. But seeing as Captain Semper hasn't yet recorded your fourth completion at the time of the update, it'll have to wait until the final report! (note that I also haven't recorded my fifth completion for the same reason. 

The Oath-broken are oath-broken. I should have done a modest 2X vow... All of my built and primed projects would require 2 completions.... even a sloppy basecoat tonight would be... embarassing.... I still did all three official vows for the ETL... I'll do an atonement project of Augustus's choosing....

FINAL REPORT

The ETL is over, and so is its main yearly satellite event, the Black Crusade.

Started by Forté during ETL III in 2014, and ran by me since ETL V, it is, I believe, one among several reasons Chaos has performed so well in the last four years of the ETL. The Black Crusade is one of the drivers for the enthusiasm, inspiration, fun&joy, banter, and most importantly the dedication of the Chaos Strategium - and one of the reasons why we've come on top for three years straight!

It was a joy to run and a treat to see all those wonderful completions coming in.

I'm particularly glad that it pushed several of you to finish more than they intended in the beginning of the event.

I believe that maybe, just maybe, DuskRaider's Warhound would still be in pieces if it hadn't been for the Black Crusade.... :wink:

For the first time since its inception, however, the Black Crusade did NOT contribute to a Chaos ETL win.

Let's see what the final results have to say about that:

jeXVvlQ.jpg

As the results speak for themselves, I will let you look over the report card yourselves. If I have missed anything, let me know and I'll be sure to correct it withing 24 hours...

All except two frater have made it!!! Congratulations to all! So here's the medallions:

Congratulations to Augustus b'Raass, Azekai, Freakshow688, Lhorke the First, Sgt. Blank, and Tallarn Commander for doubling your initial vow!

Please take your doubling medallion:

qVQuHsg.png

Congratulations to Celtic_cauldron, Commander Dawnstar, Dr_Ruminahui, and Gianlucafiorentini123, for tripling your initial vow!

Please take your tripling medallion

LDfI8jD.png

Congratulations to Razblood for quadrupling your initial vow!
Please take your quadrupling medallion:
UjZwzjW.png

Congratulations to Dragonlover, DuskRaider and RolandTHTG for quitupling your initial vow!
Please take your quintupling medallion:
UUPlRKI.png

And finally, congratulations to Pearson73 for sextupling your initial vow!
Please take your sextupling medalion:

WvSm6x5.png

And now, the marks of utter shame and despair. For there are two frater that VOWED THEIR SOUL TO CHAOS and didn't deliver. They have failed the GODS THEMSELVES! Eternal Shame is upon them, and as always they shall wear their SOUL LOST medallion for all eternity. Yes, the ETL Oath Breaker badge only needs to be worn until the next ETL, but the Gods are not so forgiving for those who failed their SOUL VOW.....

Which brings me to the following: whereas Eldrick Shadowblade has commited himself to the gods and didn't deliver, he showed commitment to the ETL and at least completed all his vows there, with which he contributed to the entirety of the Chaos Space Marines forum. 

He did fail to fulfill his promise to the gods, though, so

Eldrick Shadowblade, your SOUL IS LOST!

Gederas, on the other hand, has the dubious dishonour of not even completing his first vow (he came a mere eight cultists short... with fully eight days before the deadline...) a first in the history of the Black Crusade event!!! Thereby the completion rate of the CSM forum was lowered by over a percentile and his 996 points were left out from the total. And by how much did we lose the ETL, you ask? By 343 points.... 

Gederas, your SOUL IS LOST!!!!

Both of you, take your SOUL LOST medallion!

mCFXFNT.png

Hidden Content
But you did learn, and NEXT YEAR I'll put in a good word for you to Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch and Nurgle, and they'll give you a chance to redeem yourself :wink: Also, if others had completed their vow, or if we didn't have a frater incurring a penalty, we would also have won, so the loss is not on your shoulders alone. Also also, this is just a virtual, online event. So don't feel bad. We still love you!

Special thanks should go to Dantay_XV for his contributions to this event - he kindly helped me with the artwork, the banners and the medallions. Thanks, buddy! I owe you one!

With more participants than ever, and my RL the busiest it has been in five years, it was quite a challenge keeping up. Still, mistakes are made, and I thank each and every one of you for your dedication and patience. Even though I had to explain the parameters of the update after almost every update to at least one of you. :wink: :biggrin.: I thank you all for your commitment and the participation, and will see you all next ETL!

Gederas, on the other hand, has the dubious dishonour of not even completing his first vow (he came a mere eight cultists short... with fully eight days before the deadline...) a first in the history of the Black Crusade event!!! Thereby the completion rate of the CSM forum was lowered by over a percentile and his 996 points were left out from the total. And by how much did we lose the ETL, you ask? By 343 points....

Eyup...

Speaking of which: Still haven't found those 6 cultists. The spill HAPPENED A WEEK AGO :lol:

Archived