Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

how is nerd culture & 40k In Calgary & Montreal.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

allfatherstudios

allfatherstudios

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 86 posts
As the title suggests how is wargame culture in Calgary & Montreal.

How many shops are there, if any?

What's the community like?

Do you share tables with magic nerds, or D&D players.

What other wargames are being played.

Is 40k over saturated in those areas?

BlackTriton

BlackTriton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 441 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
I live near montreal, north suburb.
I know of at least 5 shop that sells 40K close to me, 3 of them have actual tables with terrain and all are shared by magic and DD player.
Farther away, theres the actual warhammer store and at least 2 other that stores I know of, but did not visited.

I am not overly involved with the community here, but there is a rather big facebook page for the city.

Hope that helps. :)

allfatherstudios

allfatherstudios

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 86 posts
Everything helps.

Eddie Orlock

Eddie Orlock

++ FRATERIS TEMPLAR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,038 posts
  • Faction: Storm Angels
Well, I live in Calgary, so obviously it's the best place.

Aside from myself, we also host the world's biggest game shop. So, that's kind of neat. They recently spun off the card division to the adjacent bay of the building, so you don't even have to see a ccg player if you don't want to, and there's a whole mezzanine with space for gaming tables.

What's up in your life that you've got the option to compare Calgary with Montreal?
"Academic politics is the most vicious and bitter form of politics, because the stakes are so low."
- Wallace Sayre

The continued future of the Bolter and Chainsword is in your hands.

allfatherstudios

allfatherstudios

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 86 posts
I'm planning a shop in the future.

Eddie Orlock

Eddie Orlock

++ FRATERIS TEMPLAR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,038 posts

Well, in that case, set it up in Montreal, especially if you parle vous the Francais.
"Academic politics is the most vicious and bitter form of politics, because the stakes are so low."
- Wallace Sayre

allfatherstudios

allfatherstudios

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 86 posts

Well, in that case, set it up in Montreal, especially if you parle vous the Francais.

Any particular reason?

Machine God

Machine God

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,241 posts
  • Faction: Scions of Ferrus

Well, I live in Calgary, so obviously it's the best place.

Aside from myself, we also host the world's biggest game shop. So, that's kind of neat. They recently spun off the card division to the adjacent bay of the building, so you don't even have to see a ccg player if you don't want to, and there's a whole mezzanine with space for gaming tables.

What's up in your life that you've got the option to compare Calgary with Montreal?

@Eddie Orlock - That is certainly a great looking store. I shall have to look it up if I get down to Calgary from Suffield on my days off.

"Borg to the Max!" "Destroy All Flesh!"

gallery_29004_6198_9307.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.png gallery_29004_10383_6245.pnggallery_48988_6285_18080.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gif

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.

-James Nicoll

Eddie Orlock

Eddie Orlock

++ FRATERIS TEMPLAR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,038 posts

Any particular reason?

Montreal is in Quebec, where the official language is French. So, if you're going to set up there, French would be useful to know.
  • Machine God and Kite Senet like this
- Wallace Sayre

allfatherstudios

allfatherstudios

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 86 posts
Lol. I was asking about why not Calgary?

Xenith

Xenith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,564 posts

Presumably as you'd be competing with that huge store?

Either way, why not where you live? Knowing local people and businesses will give you an advantage over starting from zero in a new city.

allfatherstudios

allfatherstudios

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 86 posts

Presumably as you'd be competing with that huge store?

Either way, why not where you live? Knowing local people and businesses will give you an advantage over starting from zero in a new city.

Rent is to high.  Competition isn't an issue really.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users