how is nerd culture & 40k In Calgary & Montreal.

As the title suggests how is wargame culture in Calgary & Montreal.

How many shops are there, if any?

What's the community like?

Do you share tables with magic nerds, or D&D players.

What other wargames are being played.

Is 40k over saturated in those areas?

I live near montreal, north suburb.

I know of at least 5 shop that sells 40K close to me, 3 of them have actual tables with terrain and all are shared by magic and DD player.

Farther away, theres the actual warhammer store and at least 2 other that stores I know of, but did not visited.

I am not overly involved with the community here, but there is a rather big facebook page for the city.

Hope that helps. :)

Well, I live in Calgary, so obviously it's the best place.

Aside from myself, we also host the world's biggest game shop. So, that's kind of neat. They recently spun off the card division to the adjacent bay of the building, so you don't even have to see a ccg player if you don't want to, and there's a whole mezzanine with space for gaming tables.

What's up in your life that you've got the option to compare Calgary with Montreal?

Well, I live in Calgary, so obviously it's the best place.

Aside from myself, we also host the world's biggest game shop. So, that's kind of neat. They recently spun off the card division to the adjacent bay of the building, so you don't even have to see a ccg player if you don't want to, and there's a whole mezzanine with space for gaming tables.

What's up in your life that you've got the option to compare Calgary with Montreal?

@Eddie Orlock - That is certainly a great looking store. I shall have to look it up if I get down to Calgary from Suffield on my days off.

Lol. I was asking about why not Calgary?

Presumably as you'd be competing with that huge store?

Either way, why not where you live? Knowing local people and businesses will give you an advantage over starting from zero in a new city.

Lol. I was asking about why not Calgary?

Presumably as you'd be competing with that huge store?

Either way, why not where you live? Knowing local people and businesses will give you an advantage over starting from zero in a new city.

Rent is to high.  Competition isn't an issue really.

Archived