Wrist Mounted Grenade Launcher

Has anybody ever created one, the only one i can recall are on the Custodians, and those bits are hard to come by. I was thinking of kitbashing a wrist mounted frag cannon for deathwatch. Could anybody possibly steer me in a direction other than myself ( im thinking IG grenade launcher bits ) but if there is a brighter idea I would rather go with that. Wonder if i could get by with this in the first place playing a game.

to a regular marine arm. The models in my unit are rocking wrist mounted stormbolters, and a melta gun. I thought of entertaining the idea of having a wrist mounted frag cannon. And I was thinking of the possibilities

I have absolutely nothing to contribute, but I would really love for you to post a pic with whatever you come up with.

Will do mate, took it over to the deathwatch thread as well to see if I could get more suggestions. I will more than likely test it on a stormbolter first since its bigger base. But we will see.

So i did a test run of a wrist mounted frag cannon with a grey knight stormbolter arm and the cadian shock trooper grenade launcher. my cuts are not truly ligned (lil tired and rushed through it a little) but that can be fixed if i go with it. 

Pretty simple, cut the barrels off the stormbolter, filed down close to the iron sight. shave the bottom a little then had to shave the side as well ( if you get the cut down to the iron sight properly straight, you dont have to do the extra part. I was inaccurate with mine.

When it came to the grenade launcher, just cut to where the drum meets the hand, wanted to leave part of the launcher to look like it would actually be connected to the bolter (without it looking like a nerf mag drum truly) cute the barrel off, then cut it down again. this should now align well with the stormbolter sight to make it look like one. then i just rotated the drum counter clockwise ( easiest way to identify is where the eagle is at wanted that facing up, and it pretty much fit well in there.

Pretty much just wanted to show what it would look like on a marine. To me it looks a lil clunky, but im ok with it (it is a wrist mounted grenade launcher after all, and wanted it to at least look like it would produce the stats that a regular frag cannon would put out.

If I did go with this concept, I would probably just make him a standard bearer model wise to compensate the open arm.

So tell me what you think, If you have any ideas i am very much open to it. Thinking about working a frag cannon into my DeepStrike team, but wanted him to look the part of his elite brethren. Had a spare arm and a thought, figured i try before the rest of my bitz come in.

The original metal Terminator Captain has one, so a bit of search-fu found this. Might give you some ideas anyway, especially on size.

IIRC, fluff-wise it used much smaller grenades than the frag and krak you get in the Tactical box.

http://nevernesshobby.blogspot.com/2012/04/sven-axegrinder-terminator-basing-part.html

The two Horus Heresy plastic Terminator kits have grenade launchers that fit onto the top of the models - pretty sure it'd doable to put them on a regular Marine too.

Also, the Space Wolf Wulfen have some shoulder-mounted frag launchers that you could add to a regular Marine backpack for that "Predator" look. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I didnt think with the stats of the frag cannon (being assault) match the weapon. So a bit of a test run that I'm probably gonna go with. With his wrist mounted cannon being the long range profile, and the backpack being the up close profile that I think matches well. A bit rough around the edges due to too much glue. But that can be cleaned up. Tell me what ya think, hope ya like.

gallery_105646_14362_340630.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_489784.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_579389.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_318360.jpg

Archived