Chaplain Dreadnought Loadout

IMO Chaplain Dread is really nice because his BS2+, it allows moving and shooting with 3+ so better than a predator.

Twin-lascannon seems great, but total cost is around 212p

Other good options are Assault Cannon and Plasma Cannon (I think it was added in the last FAQ), both cheap and with some weight of fire. And it is aprox. 180-190p

I do like the infernocannon (bit miffed that they removed the flamestorm option as the ap-2 could have been useful) however I do feel it's a waste on the chaplain dreadnougt.

I think that 2x DCCW is the way to go to cash in on the reroll to hit on 1s and dual heavy flamers instead, or just the basic stormbolters for 8 shots at within 12''.

If you want to use inferno cannons then roll a siege dreadnought and have 2 of them!

Either melee or Lascannons for sure.

With Lascannons he's a rather reliable anti-tank platform your opponent will struggle to take out due him being a <10 wound character.

With Melee he can close the distance safely as long as you have other units infront of him for the same reason, but that requires a list that wants to get that close to the opponent as well so is a bit harder to implement properly.

They need to rethink the Chaplains role for Marines. Capt. gives reroll to hit, Lt. reroll to wound.

Chaplains should give reroll to Saves. It doesn’t overlap the captains role and is less situational than +1 A or a Ldr buff. This way he is still a generalist as Marines are usually but can be customized with wargear to support any type of unit, be it close combat or ranged.

One Brothers opinion (who loves all the Chappie models but never uses them on the table)

Chaplains are as bland as the whole Marine Codex. All the units need an inspired rework. However this is about the Chaplain Dreadnought and the only reason you take one over a regular Chaplain is because he can carry Lascannons with his BS2+. ^^

Of course the character keyword with <10 wounds is what makes him as BS2+ Lascannon platform so great (it's <10, not <9). I didn't think I need to repeat that lol

I put an order on today for one before they disappeared. It seems most of the arms already have, so I’ll just have to get another dread kit for some spare arms and backup.

And perhaps some more Dreads.

Go Dread heavy. :D

Archived