Skin Colors?

Harrowed

I was thinking of making my orks with this skin-tone:

282244_md-Albino%2C%20Axe%2C%20Nob%2C%20

'cause I was planning on my Orks being Mad Max themed, so most of the horde would be Warboyz. Though it'd be tinted green for the skin, they'd just be super pale to the extent of being almost white/grey.

Red is a common* alternative color, which makes sense, it being complementary to green and all. Honestly, I can't imagine painting my Orks anything other than green. It's about as intregal to the race as... any other feature. They are called "greenskins" after all.

But you do you. If you're just hesitant about getting tired of painting green, I'd suggest looking up techniques for painting them with washes. It can be quick and effective, reducing the time you're spending putting green paint on your brush. Alternatively, using more armor panels can reduce the surface area that you have to paint on their skin. Finally, go more mech and/or walker heavy, so you're not painting 150+ greenskins.

I was thinking of making my orks with this skin-tone:

282244_md-Albino%2C%20Axe%2C%20Nob%2C%20

'cause I was planning on my Orks being Mad Max themed, so most of the horde would be Warboyz. Though it'd be tinted green for the skin, they'd just be super pale to the extent of being almost white/grey.

I've been playing the Mad Max game on PS4 and the cars reminded me of my old Ork army! Love that color.

My friend paints his Orks blue. With pink armor plates. Some fluff about the local fungus being blue, lack of sunlight, warp storms, or something. He studied plant sciences in university so whatever he says goes, and they don’t look that bad.

Red is a common* alternative color, which makes sense, it being complementary to green and all. Honestly, I can't imagine painting my Orks anything other than green. It's about as intregal to the race as... any other feature. They are called "greenskins" after all.

But you do you. If you're just hesitant about getting tired of painting green, I'd suggest looking up techniques for painting them with washes. It can be quick and effective, reducing the time you're spending putting green paint on your brush. Alternatively, using more armor panels can reduce the surface area that you have to paint on their skin. Finally, go more mech and/or walker heavy, so you're not painting 150+ greenskins.

Yeah, I had about 2k points worth of footslogging back in second/third edition. 

I painted some up as mutants ages ago with a normal peachy flesh tone. They looked ok for my painting abilities at the time. Part of me really likes the idea of making them like the Klingons in the recent Star Trek: Discovery series; all sorts of colours and skin tones, with a tinge of green. Paint them up more like a ramshackle hoard of individuals more than as a bunch of green clones.

I'm planning on doing a WoW horde ork army soon, complete with brown, red, black and green orks. Plus some trolls as kommandos (if I can figure out what body to use for them), goblins as mek boyz and all the special weapon teams (probably in mechanized suits), and tauren as painboyz (I mean they both heal)

Should give me sufficiently enough colors to not get bored

As others have said, the Orks love their warpaint, particularly the Deathskullz and Snakebites, so if anybody wants to argue, just tell them they're green under all the "insert colour here" warpaint they've covered themselves completely with.

Archived